Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

patch 9.1 re balancing

Options
  • 24-04-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/286750.html

copied from ftr.
    Hello everyone,

Storm just disclosed some info as to what will happen in patch 9.1.

- TD camouflage bonus after shooting will be removed (SS: currently, when shooting, TD’s don’t lose as much camo as other classes, this will be a nasty nerf especially to very fragile TD’s with big guns, such as the Borsig and WT Panzer IV)
    - some light tanks will be buffed (at the very least, MT-25 and VK2801), MT-25 should be buffed approximately to the old T-50-2 level
    - tier 4+ light tanks will have their MM tier spread reduced (there will be exceptions for certain vehicles)
    - 12 of the worst tanks (statistically) will be buffed and 8 of the best will be nerfed

From the discussion:

- Veider states that the camo issue concerns all TD’s, they are too stealthy, this is caused a lot by the TD stealth bonuses
    - after the nerf, TD’s without armor will have to keep more distance from their targets
    - the list of “good” and “bad” tanks will not be disclosed now
    - Aufklärungspanzer Panther will not be rebalanced in 9.1, but later
    - Tiger I will be nerfed a bit
    - rear-turret VK4502B will not be buffed or nerfed
    - improved anti-aliasing will come until the end of the year along with Dx11 support
    - Tortoise is slightly OP, but the armor change (nerf) in 9.0 will have some effect, if it’s not enough, it will be nerfed
    - FV 215b (183) is apparently doing fine
    - rebalance is not based only on winrate

so tigers getting a small nerf.. interesting, its got a huge hp pool and v good rof at the moment...

the camo rating change for some tds is welcome, had a rhm b shooting at me yesterday, no more than 100 metres from me if even that far, he would pop out (no bush), shoot and only then would i see him, as he retreated behind cover. i was hull down in lowe so kept bouncing but it was so trollish.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Curious to see how and what they are going to buff/nerf on the top/lowest list. Ultimatetly win rate has to come into it or are they accusing the whole WoT population not knowing how to play the tank outside a small group?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

according to the comments apprently the kv1s wont be nerfed.. having some cracking games in it, but having some awful games too!!

hopefully they dont fook with my kv1.. so so op for tier!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The lights definitely need some loving. It's been weeks since I've seen an MT-25 around. It must be a horrible exerience for someone to reach the likes of the Pz 38NA, and to find themselves irrelevant to a match. Something which must put off a significant amount of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have a MT-25 in the garage .... just hoping it gets some decent buff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

one of my fav tanks was the t50-2, they killed it when they brought the m25 in, sold it soon enough after.. you very very rarely see them getting played.. deffo gettin a buff, which is good.. they ruin my stats but i love playing scouts for the lols

• Advertisement
Advertisement