Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well the Shark really opened up the Warriors, 37-6 or something like that. How are the Warriors so inconsistent.........and bad? It baffles the mind!

Well my predictions for the Warriors are consistantly brutal. Dreadful from NZ again, so bad away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Well my predictions for the Warriors are consistantly brutal. Dreadful from NZ again, so bad away from home.

Have no idea they actually have a great team. If penrith can close this out im 1 from 4 on tips ... im on fire!

Dragons getting killed by penalties against South Sydney.

Can see why it wasn't given but they'd have given that try for the Dragons in Super League.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Can't wait to see how effective the Panthers are in a dry day down there left with Idris and Mansour looking extremely dangerous and both defensively were making excellent decisions. Mansour could have had 4 today if the ball was dry, his hands let him down for a intercept and two offloads from Idris. MAnsour is an abolute beast, breaks tackles for fun and works hard to get involved on the ball. He'll be key to Penrith being successful i feel.

Souths looking in control but still not firing on half there guns!

• Advertisement

Well thats the last time i don't pick Inglis in my fantasy team................fecker has had two moments, broke the line, fended dugan to score. Straight off the kick off, he must've broke 6 tackles including one from Ben Creagh (A solid defender) and offloads but unfortunately passing let them down for what would've been a sensational score!

What the hell is going on!
    Roosters Manly and Storm all beaten in one weekend that prob. Wont happen again this year. Very open comp this year ,great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

A pretty poor performance by the Roosters against the Dogs I thought. Not sure what the story with SBW was because he seemed more of a liability with his offloading at times. Really put his team under pressure at times.

old gregg wrote: »
    A pretty poor performance by the Roosters against the Dogs I thought. Not sure what the story with SBW was because he seemed more of a liability with his offloading at times. Really put his team under pressure at times.

Poor weather really hampered a lot of the games played last weekend. Slippery ball, but would agree, Sonny-Bill looked like he was trying too hard at times, looking to make something happen from nothing with every touch. Titans with a controversial win over the Storm with a late Greg Bird pen, who couldn't help stoker the fire on Instagram either with Cooper Cronk, was very entertaining stuff!! There are highlight packages on youtube for those who haven't seen all the games this weekend. These two channels below do highlight packages for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/user/FootyTubeNRL

https://www.youtube.com/user/RCReviews95

Round 6.

Panthers handily beaten by South Sydney after a very tight 1st half. Other game already played the Broncos were beaten by the Titans.

Rest of the draw

Saturday:
    Raiders v Knights
    Eels v Roosters
    Wests Tigers v Cowboys

Sunday:
    Sea Eagles v Sharks
    Warriors v Bulldogs

Monday:
    Storm v Dragons

Going to actually predict more than one result since I have had so much success up to now:rolleyes:. Raiders, Roosters, Tigers, Warriors, Sea Eagles and Dragons to win.

• Advertisement

Penny vs Bunnies was a poor game in truth, the weather again hampered what could have been a very entertaining game, really slowed the play of the ball down. Penrith spent nearly 80% of 1st half inside the Bunnies 20 but couldn't break through. Their defence was good but times the Panthers created the over lap and with Josh Mansour 1on1 with a much small, defensively frail Nathan Merret would have scored on a couple of occasions. Idris tucked the ball instead and was shut down by 3/4 defenders. Bunnies defence was excellent through out. Sam Burgess was a colossus for Souths again. He also was struck with a stick by a female fan as he left the pitch.......

Ben Barba was caught and stripped in his in goal by Aidan Sezer to steal it (sorry couldn't help myself) for the Titans! Huge win

Sorry was away last weekend lads and missed pretty much all the NRL action.

This week
    Fri 18 Apr Rabbitohs Bulldogs ANZ Stadium = obviously doggies for me
    Fri 18 Apr Knights Broncos Hunter Stadium = close one to call I will go broncos
    Fri 18 Apr Sea Eagles Cowboys Brookvale Oval = Manly for me , cowboys havent they been dissapointing
    Sat 19 Apr Dragons Warriors WIN Jubilee Oval = another close one but will stick my neck out and go warriors
    Sat 19 Apr Sharks Roosters Remondis Stadium = Roosters all the way 2 and 6 against a really **** team
    Sun 20 Apr Raiders Storm GIO Stadium = Storm
    Mon 21 Apr Eels Wests Tigers ANZ Stadium + game of the round , looking forward to this eels to shade it but Could go anyway really
    Mon 21 Apr Panthers Titans Centrebet Stadium = Panthers for me , although credit where its due titans have done really well so far

If I get half these right I would be surprised, looks like a great weekend of footy

................ Bunnies defence was excellent through out. Sam Burgess was a colossus for Souths again. He also was struck with a stick by a female fan as he left the pitch.......

Got an apology for that today apparently, all over with now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/27046305

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Julie Burgess said she would "Love to meet the woman that hit her son with a stick" haha, as an ex league player herself (For Featherstone) she packs a mighty punch. I am personally disappointed on his move to union, although the money is, understandably, a great persuader. He will be the main target for every wannabe Burgess Buster that the union can throw at him. Hope he does a Sonny Bill and returns to league one day.

Warriors manage to continue to be magnificently hit and miss (though a lot more miss than hit), particularly away from home. New coach since they sacked Elliot has not made a difference yet anyway. Second bottom of the ladder at the minute.

Big news out of Manly, as Glenn Stewart agrees a 2yr deal with South Sydney. Manly released a statement saying they are 'devastated' by the news..........but yet they still wouldn't secure his signature.

Other news, Benji is looking to make a comeback with a request for immediate release from the Auckland blues. The Tigers have immediately distanced themselves from their former superstar. Their aren't many sides out there that really require his services. I'd be thinking along the line of the Eels maybe, or the Broncos. Sandow and Hoffman just don't really so it for me.

Tigers Eels was an absolute belter at the weekend! Jarrad Hayne looks unstoppable of late! Their so threatening off wither side with Hayne floating between both, Hopoate, Sio, Semi RadRadra and Willie Tonga all playing well

Further reports from Oz that Benji Marshall had contacted close friend Beau Ryan about the possibility of joining Cronulla. And now it appears that they have offered him a 3 year contract. Cronulla hoping for an answer by Friday and should Marshall sign he would be available after the bye week.

Micheal Ennis also on the Sharks radar

Further reports from Oz that Benji Marshall had contacted close friend Beau Ryan about the possibility of joining Cronulla. And now it appears that they have offered him a 3 year contract. Cronulla hoping for an answer by Friday and should Marshall sign he would be available after the bye week.

Micheal Ennis also on the Sharks radar

The Micheal Ennis rumour is only because Lichaa is going the other way and they both play the same position. I reckon des hasler will want to keep ennis until Lichaa has more first grade experience cant see the dogs using him as a starter straight away

The Micheal Ennis rumour is only because Lichaa is going the other way and they both play the same position. I reckon des hasler will want to keep ennis until Lichaa has more first grade experience cant see the dogs using him as a starter straight away

Ya there was a mention in that article that Lichaa would only be behind Ennis for a season, his contract expires next season?

Yep Ennis contract expires end of next year where I reckon it will be more likely he will go to the knights or sign another smaller contract with the dogs as a bit part player.

• Advertisement

its been quiet on here for a while - doggies are still top. Origin teams announced unfortunatly I think QLD look stronger....Again.what do you guys reckon? state of origin 1 just around the corner.

its been quiet on here for a while - doggies are still top. Origin teams announced unfortunatly I think QLD look stronger....Again.what do you guys reckon? state of origin 1 just around the corner.

Have started thread on it, fancy Maroons AGAIN. For good of the series a NSW win would probably be helpful.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057213790

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

GC Titans v NZ Warriors starting in couple minutes on Premier/Setanta

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

What a game that was, first half was stunning end-to-end stuff. Backed Titans (13/5), and +10.5 (10/11), so one winning bet, one losing so far. Tigers v Broncos next, I'll never get around to doing the Scoop 6 at this rate! The NRL is the only reason I've not got rid of Setanta, it's worthless for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

What a game that was, first half was stunning end-to-end stuff. Backed Titans (13/5), and +10.5 (10/11), so one winning bet, one losing so far. Tigers v Broncos next, I'll never get around to doing the Scoop 6 at this rate! The NRL is the only reason I've not got rid of Setanta, it's worthless for anything else.

Great game they tired a lot the 2nd half titans though unfortunately

Yesterdays Origin has been a nightmare for club coaches. Injuries everywhere:

Storm - Cam Smith: low ankle sprain - 1/2wks, Billy Slater: Grade 2 A/C sprain - 2/3 weeks, Cooper Cronk: broken right arm & dislocated elbow - 12 weeks

Manly - DCE: knee, in a lot of doubt, Anthony Watmough: Torn bicep, few weeks (both declared desire to play but are to be assessed by cluub medics)

Dragons - Brett Morris, dislocated shoulder, having scans to assess damage, highly unlikely to play this weekend, Trent Merrin: very banged up, being assessed by medics but he's tough and could play

Eels: Jarrad Hayne: Fatigue, possibly rested by recuperate after Origin to avoid muscular injuries

The bye sides were hit too

Bulldogs - Josh Morris: torn PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament), no time frame set as of yet, Trent Hodkinson: nose, will be fit for next game

Sharks - Paul Gallen: Neck, aggravated existing injury, scans underway, no time frame

All other Origin stars came through with minor bumps and bruises

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eyebrows18

That's a serious injury list for the Storm, they could lose the next 2 or 3 without them and playing the Roosters on the 8th, can't see them winning that without those 3.

WOW. Brett Morris is out for two months with a Broken Shoulder!! How did he play through the majority of the game?? That incredible!! Brother Josh out for 6-8 wks with torn PCL. Nate Myles (fractured hand), Gallen (damaged neck) both out for at least 2wks.

Jarrad Hayne rested today for Parra-Penny clash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Happy to see the chooks back at the sharp end of the ladder :)

• Advertisement

Huge loss for the Eels, Nathan Peats, arguably their 2nd most important player this year, has ruptured his ACL and miss the remainder of the season....

Advertisement