Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks! I'm back in work today after three weeks off so it was a nice bit of cheer on a very gloomy (albeit sunny!) day.

What's been going on around these parts? Anyone buy anything nice? Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

IMG_57296247143377.jpeg

Okay, i just realized after posting that pic someone might interpret that it's ciderman and his wife in the pic, which makes it even funnier! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

waveform wrote: »
    If anyone is feeling adventurous, naughty and not at work, it's the first google image result for "waifu stick".

((O)) _ ((O))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The new B+ model must make that type of thing easier as the sockets are now all flush with the PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nice idea, but seriously, sellotape around the back?!? And can't he rip a cart open and glue it over the bits sticking out on top? It would look far better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Okay, i just realized after posting that pic someone might interpret that it's ciderman and his wife in the pic, which makes it even funnier! lol

Why would they think that?
    Explain yourself?
    Then fall on your sword.
    It's the only honourable outcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks! I'm back in work today after three weeks off so it was a nice bit of cheer on a very gloomy (albeit sunny!) day.

What's been going on around these parts? Anyone buy anything nice? Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

No, nothing going on.
    No one bought anything nice.
    I can admit to really loving Muramasa Rebirth on the Vita and Odin Sphere on PS2, Vanillaware titles, and they're kind of scrolling beat'em ups.
    But Streets of Rage is still pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

DinoRex wrote: »
    The new B+ model must make that type of thing easier as the sockets are now all flush with the PCB.

Yes, I've got a couple boards inbound for some retro mods. The new rounded edges and extra power options will make modding even better on this.
    In a sad note, they've replaced the drivers I compiled for the Raspberry Pi all the way back at the start with updated versions. There is no longer any Steve SI work inside the Raspian OS :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yer man has too much hair for it to be Ciderman. Also I'm pretty sure he's not that young! :P

MrVestek wrote: »
    Yer man has too much hair for it to be Ciderman. Also I'm pretty sure he's not that young! :P

:(

Hope you enjoy your ban!
    What do you mean I can't ban people for being a cheeky fecker?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    :(

Hope you enjoy your ban!
    What do you mean I can't ban people for being a cheeky fecker?

Love you! No homo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

MrVestek wrote: »
    If you ever fancy co-hosting some kind of vid for my channel let me know.

I'd offer but you'd never let me once you saw the 'mystery gba cart' vid I did a few weeks back for me youtube channel..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I'd offer but you'd never let me once you saw the 'mystery gba cart' vid I did a few weeks back for me youtube channel..;)

I seen it! *shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sad but cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I suspect I have bought cars for less than the price of that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Steve SI wrote: »

FYP... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

id re-mortgage my house to get that!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

On the topic of taking my money, and Optimus Prime is being released that transforms into a PS1 to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
    Pity it's not a working ps1, that would be beyond amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

May have been mentioned before but console transformers have been announced. Google playstation transformers toy, they look pretty interesting.

So, here I am in Limerick, the Parkway Shopping Centre and, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed Sera

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So, here I am in Limerick, the Parkway Shopping Centre and, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed Sera
    No one said the Parkway was cool, it's a pitstop, you're better off in town or the Crescent.

Sera wrote: »
    No one said the Parkway was cool, it's a pitstop, you're better off in town or the Crescent.

Seems like they eat their young around here, lots of blokes with dodgy tatts and stripped to the waist... Tough blokes...
    The Gamestop is nice though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Seems like they eat their young around here, lots of blokes with dodgy tatts and stripped to the waist... Tough blokes...
    I got all my PZ and Siren games in there with my money for babysitting, my brother bought me Maken Shao in there too, he used to live on the other side of it so it was handy for that. I wasn't in it since he moved to a quieter place lol.
    Actually once I got no disc in the box in there and went up about it, thinking I'd get no where. Lucky enough your man told me it wasn't the first time for that particular guy, he had been fired and sorted me out with the disk thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Testing_bulletproof_vest_1923.jpg

Youths Frolicing at The Parkway, Limerick (July 25, 2014)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

That guy is pretty smug for someone being executed.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    That guy is pretty smug for someone being executed.

Since the Dundons went down its all blank cartridges and nerf guns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement