Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hearing loop

• 24-07-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction I am looking for something I think that is called a hearing loop for someone with a hearing aid to allow them to listen to lectures and seminars easier. Has anyone got any suggestions I have only found one for €500 and it would not be in my budget at all. Even on a rental basis would be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Contact DeafHear at www.deafhear.ie - but tread carefully, these yokes don't have magical properties.

Really, a loop should be pre-installed in the rooms in question. A portable loop system will be some help in a small meeting, but won't give the same quality. I'd have thought that it is unlikely to be effective in a series of lecture rooms, but talk to the experts to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

I have tried to get a response from them but nothing yet Ill hold out...unfortunately the room is normally used for a completely different purpose so we can't install anything permanent

Advertisement