Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Meetup July 26th

• 22-06-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Howdy y'all. I was thinking with Pride upon us, maybe not everyone can make it/comfortable at some of the events (or like me just have too much money and little restraint), so decided to see if there'd be interest in a meetup in July?

I was thinking sometime earlyish in the month, but if people throw out some dates we can see what the story is. Again everyone welcome (looking at you's, girls) and if people have ideas on venues etc maybe to change it up a bit, fire ahead.

'Tis great for newbies to maybe clear the head, have a few drinks and chat, and take it from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just an idea but what about doing something different and non drink related like maybe picnic in Phoenix park or Boat trip from howth to dun laoghaire or maybe walk on cliff walk from bray to greystones.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Didn't realise the cliff walk was still open, I thought the marina development shut part of it down :/

Picnic in the park sounds like fun actually

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Or dare I mention....the zoo....xD Sounds like a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

or coffee and cake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Daith

Could easily do something like Howth Head then coffee afterwards. Or Zoo then the visitors center could work.

If people wanted to head out later could easily organize it. Sounds good though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

:eek: NO ALCOHOL? But...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Howth would be fantastic if the weather allowed it. Day trip from Connolly only costs 5.75.

qweerty wrote: »
    :eek: NO ALCOHOL? But...

I know right... we need alcohol for everything... ;-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Howth would be fantastic if the weather allowed it. Day trip from Connolly only costs 5.75.

Yeah anything outdoors here is so weather dependent. Def be up for Howth Head walk followed by coffee.

Bump

Any interest in this? Maybe Zoo and coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

Daith wrote: »
    Bump

Would be up for howth head or the zoo. Would depend on the weekend though as I have some other stuff on.

Bump

Would be up for howth head or the zoo. Would depend on the weekend though as I have some other stuff on.

Shall we try some dates and see if people can make it?

I still propose a few drinks and a dance in the evening haha

Sat 26th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Saturday 26th should be ok for me. I didn't make the last time and I'm moving.in September to France, so it'd be cool. :)

Saturday 26th would suit me

Terry Pratchet

I don't know if that would suit me for sure but I'd say with the time that's in it, fire ahead with that date. Otherwise July will be away from us completely! xD

Ash885 wrote: »
    Shall we try some dates and see if people can make it?

I still propose a few drinks and a dance in the evening haha

You could start a thread about drinks in August maybe?

Terry Pratchet

You could start a thread about drinks in August maybe?

I'm going to sound like I have right problems with the stuff, haha but yes that's a good idea to give people a good chance to attend!

Won't be able to make the 26th. Would only really be able to make the 19th. But fire away with whatever suits people.

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like I have right problems with the stuff, haha but yes that's a good idea to give people a good chance to attend!

Maybe we could just push it to August and do both? Have some day event then drinks afters and maybe avoid the summer holidays for people?

Some people go holidays in August. Some in July. You'll never find a date that suits everyone.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Maybe we could just push it to August and do both? Have some day event then drinks afters and maybe avoid the summer holidays for people?

I second that a day event, perhaps on a Sunday or Friday maybe?

Some people go holidays in August. Some in July. You'll never find a date that suits everyone.

True but I think maybe having a Boards LGBT Day would be a good idea?

Having something non-alcoholic during the day then a drinks meetup later that evening. It might even encourage some girls to go to the day event and realize the guys aren't all that scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

True but I think maybe having a Boards LGBT Day would be a good idea?

Having something non-alcoholic during the day then a drinks meetup later that evening. It might even encourage some girls to go to the day event and realize the guys aren't all that scary!

I think this sounds like a great idea, day time events tend to suit me better, though you never know, I might be persuaded to stick around! The 26th of July works for me too. I'll even be the first girl who says she's willing to go. (Come on now ladies, I know there are plenty of ye lurking, might as well come along - worst that happens is you don't like us and make your excuses and go home.)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

I'll go, definitely to the day time event - heck, I'm even a girl!

Where are we going? XD

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

A nice day out sounds like fun! Depending on how this Garth situation goes I'd potentially be up for it.

Another female!! And yes I know the name is off putting
    (Long time lurker finally getting the courage to post)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can't make the 26th of July as I'm going abroad for hols that day but would be up for a weekend day meetup in August! ( : I'm a girl too.

Sat 26th?

Still going for this date?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Still going for this date?

Sorry, won't be able to. Can def organize something in August.

Advertisement