Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pool in Dublin

Options
  • 26-05-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Are there any places in Dublin I can go for a beer and a game of pool? The only places I know of are The Palace and Planet Murphys (are these the same and are they still open?)

Are there any other places in the city centre?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Hi all,

Are there any places in Dublin I can go for a beer and a game of pool? The only places I know of are The Palace and Planet Murphys (are these the same and are they still open?)

Are there any other places in the city centre?

I know The Palace is still going strong, another option could be Break for the Border near St. Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 galin75

O conell st near garda station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

celticfc wrote: »
    I know The Palace is still going strong, another option could be Break for the Border near St. Stephens Green.

i am not sure if they still have pool tables in there? I mean break for the border..
    I thought they took them out a year or two ago?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Joya wrote: »
    i am not sure if they still have pool tables in there? I mean break for the border..
    I thought they took them out a year or two ago?

You may well be right, been a while since I ventured in :)

celticfc wrote: »
    You may well be right, been a while since I ventured in :)

I loved that place when pool tables were there, was there many times,
    and was disappointed when they took them off and placed just those regular small round tables instead, I think it was 2 years ago or so.

So me too didn't go back there recently, but I'd be surprised if they'd put them back..

perhaps i'll check it and report? : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Just updating this thread: went to Dr. Quirkey's on O'Connell St at the weekend, they've large pool tables upstairs.
    The tables themselves are good, but the balls and cues were terrible.
    The balls were really light and made of some kind of cheap plastic, and the cues were really small and light.
    It was €8 an hour.
    I wouldn't go back, I'll stick to the Palace for the mo.

yes i went last night to break for the border and can confirm they (still) do not have pool tables in there... pity really :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The Blarney Inn on Nassau/Kildare street has a small pool table, not sure of the price per game. I always think €2 for a game on a small table is a bit expensive since it's often over really quick when I'm playing...I loose quickly.

McGrattan's just off Baggot St have a few tables.

I think both Fibber's still have pool tables (Parnell St and Ormond Quay)

The Hideout on William Street South (down from Stephen's Green shopping centre) have plenty of pool tables but no beer.

Also T2 in Dublin Airport has two tables...

The Hideout on William Street South (down from Stephen's Green shopping centre) have plenty of pool tables but no beer.

have you played there? is the atmosphere good apart from beers :)
    (i presume they have some other drinks?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Joya wrote: »
    have you played there? is the atmosphere good apart from beers :)
    (i presume they have some other drinks?)

The atmosphere is terrible.
    There are TV's showing music videos - no idea why.
    There might be a vending machine for drinks?

• Advertisement

quaalude wrote: »
    The atmosphere is terrible.
    There are TV's showing music videos - no idea why.
    There might be a vending machine for drinks?

ouch :) good to now
    its a good location though :)

...few nights ago (it was closed at that hour :rolleyes:

hideout.jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Hi

Does anyone know if the place on O Connell Street is still open?

Thanks

Advertisement