Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to find non-working mini fridge

• 19-08-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I originally posted this in bargains, but I think that this is probably the more appropriate forum....

Hi,
    I am building a play kitchen for my daughter. I would like to get one of those mini-fridges that people use for beer and include it as a "built-in" part of the kitchen. It won't actually be plugged in, so it doesn't need to work, it just needs to look good. There must be loads of non-working ones around that are being dumped, but i don't know how to get my hands on one. Any ideas?
    I put an ad up on adverts.ie, but no luck.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

You could try a recycling centre,,the ones that accept appliances. I've seen people take stuff out of my local one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Try Jumbletown.ie or Freecycle for your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

Not to sound like a dick, but please make sure there is absolutely no way your daughter or anyone else can end up getting trapped inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CarPark2

biketard wrote: »
    Not to sound like a dick, but please make sure there is absolutely no way your daughter or anyone else can end up getting trapped inside.

Fair enough. I am looking for a mini-fridge (the type of one that would fit ~ six cans of beer), so i'd say it is safe enough. But it is a fair point if i was looking for something bigger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Also make sure it's not airtight , they can smell fierce mouldy if there isn't good circulation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CarPark2

Also make sure it's not airtight , they can smell fierce mouldy if there isn't good circulation

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Ring around the hotels in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

I might be able to help you with this. Where are you based?

Advertisement