Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interview for PLC @ Carlow IFE

Options
  • 17-08-2014 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi guys,
    I'm just wondering if you're sent out an offer letter after an interview or do you get an answer off them instantly? I have an interview tomorrow and as September is very close, accommodation is sparse. I'm so stressed 😔

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Penguin xd wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm just wondering if you're sent out an offer letter after an interview or do you get an answer off them instantly? I have an interview tomorrow and as September is very close, accommodation is sparse. I'm so stressed 😔

I got a letter off them within a few days of my interview. You can also log in and check online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shazzy00

How did your interview go? I have one on Wednesday. What kind of questions and topics came up? :)

Mine was last year, very laid back and informal. Mainly spent the few minutes chatting about the course and why I wanted to do it.

What course are you looking to do

That's good, so nothing like "Why did you choose Carlow IFE?" Or anything? I applied for Animal Science.

Can't help you with that course. I was a mature student so I just said I wanted to take baby steps back into education before going to 3rd level.

Try n know a bit about the course/subject and be enthusiastic. Oh and be early, last year they were not very helpful to some who showed up late when my interview was on.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I appreciate the tips and advice. I'm applying as a mature student too. How did you find your time there?

Loved it, made some friends and was pushed out of my comfort zone. Don't let the fact that the buildings are run down sway you, most of the staff are excellent and will do all they can to help you.

Thanks to them I m off to Carlow college in 3 weeks, something I would never of dreamed of a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Penguin xd

The interview was casual. The wanted to make sure that I understood the course and what it involved. Also would I be able to handle the work load and make sure you really want to do it :) let is know how you get on :)

My interview didn't go very well. They basically said that I've a slim chance of getting in because my previous work experience and qualifications were void as my background is with large animals and this course focuses more on small animals. They also mentioned that a lot of students from level 5 in Carlow were applying for my course, so it seemed as if places were allocated to them first and foremost.
    Very confusing and annoying experience.

It certainly sounds like an annoying experience. I would of thought that any experience would if been an advantage no matter what the size of the animals were. So sorry pet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lynnington

Hi penguin xd, I'm thinking about doing this course next year, how much did they focus on your experience with animals in the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? Thanks :)

Lynnington wrote: »
    Hi penguin xd, I'm thinking about doing this course next year, how much did they focus on your experience with animals in the interview? What kind of questions did they ask? Thanks :)

I had an interview for physiology... Shazzy00 had the interview for the course you're looking at :)

Advertisement