Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visa Debit card + Secure by visa

• 01-08-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

That whole Secure by visa thing, i could never get it back working for ordering stuff online.

tbh i never needed it badly, its only ever Just-eat that ask for it really :/

I was sent a letter before about it but that went missing, basically i was adamant i had the right password and got locked out of secure by visa .

also

my visa debit card takes a real bateing ! from many many different POS and atms and kiosks (Irish rail etc.) and aswell as being squashed in my wallet. (bent out of shape and cracking and bits falling off)

but it still works, but for months now half of the signature strip (which was never signed, void ?) is actually now missing !

so underneath the signature strip it was a code in the middle running across the card and void above and below that but yet i've being using it no hassle. Do i need a new card again or can i be keep using this one since nobody has had an issue with it ? 

i notice places never even check the signature, like one of the many times i was in spar and one of the many times i signed a receipt for cash  back using a different name each time, in one case a female name and a Spanish name !

Cheers lads !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you block your verified by Visa password, please call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365, and select option 1 and then option 2 to be brought to the Verified by Visa team. 

Also, if your card has become quite damaged, we would recommend in this case that you order a replacement card to avoid any issue with your card at a point of sale in the future. You can order this online if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online, please go to the Online Service Desk and then choose re-order Debit card option. You can also order a new card by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on the number I've quoted above. 

We would always advise our customers to sign the back of a Visa Debit card, however it is up to individual retailer whether they check this signature in the case of cash back being given.  

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Any chance of a free replacement card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime,

Thanks for your post.

If you feel you've been charged the replacement card fee incorrectly, please contact your branch and a representative will look into this for you. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement