Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview - PME in Primary Teaching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 louiseB900

I feel my Irish is very weak also. I had my interview yesterday and I have to say it was really awful. I had no break between the two and found it hard to adjust into the Irish, I stumbled across my first few questions and that was it, I was gone, my head was blank. I couldnt even think of simple things like explaining the weather. I was so upset when I came out because I know I'm so much better than that. I'm just curious how your interview went? Were you able to answer the questions or did you struggle?
    I would be over the moon if I got accepted and told to do that course because firstly you have your place and secondly you have that opportunity to brush up on your Irish which will be great! Dont be so hard on yourself! Well done!!

Hey,
    I totally felt the same I couldn't answer most questions and at that I wasn't too sure what I was being asked. I thought the examiner talked so fast and when I got asked about the simple things I went totally blank. Your interview went exactly the same way as mine.I felt crap coming out of the interview coz i too felt the same that my Irish was better than what I showed in the interview. But chin up I got accepted and so will you no doubt!! They might just recommend you do the Irish course but that's only a good thing. I'm still waiting on my leaving cert results but I hope the both of us will be on our way from this Sept to being super teachers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭stew.z.ger

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

stew.z.ger wrote: »
    I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO.......

Congrats!! How long were you waiting to hear???

Congrats!! How long were you waiting to hear???

Thank you!! I had my interview last Tuesday so it was 4 working days not counting Monday as it was a bank hol. You may hear this afternoon :-D

Thank you!! I had my interview last Tuesday so it was 4 working days not counting Monday as it was a bank hol. You may hear this afternoon :-D

Oh god, this is going to be the longest day ever!!! :P

• Advertisement

Oh god, this is going to be the longest day ever!!! :P

I bet you are refreshing your emails over and over.. my fingers and toes are crossed :-)

I bet you are refreshing your emails over and over.. my fingers and toes are crossed :-)

I got in!! Woohoo!!!!!!! :)

I got in!! Woohoo!!!!!!! :)

Woohooo!!! Well done you! Great!! What part of the country are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

BRILLIANT news-well done guys!!!!!! I am SO excited-cant wait to get going-so everyone has got in so far-that's brilliant-Celebrations all round!!! We need to set up a FB page for September 2014 intake :) Wwwwwwwwwwwhooooooooooooo
    Haven't been logged in for a few days-think someone asked me about the book recommended it's 'Gramadach Gan Stró’ by Éamonn Ó Dónaill

Woohooo!!! Well done you! Great!! What part of the country are you from?

I'm from Leitrim, I haven't really heard of anyone else from around here doing it this intake so I hope I don't have to travel too far! Where are u from?
    We def should set up a Facebook page soon!!

• Advertisement

Yeah where is everyone from-we could possibly be in regional groups together!! I'm Wicklow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

I just had my interview today, like a lot of posts iv read my irish was a blur and I dont know what came out of my mouth. I could understand all the questions but did stumble on simple words like 'ardteist', just had a blank. It was def trickier doing the english first and then the irish. Fingers crossed I get offered a place. Delighted for ye all :)

That's the way we all felt too Howyaaaaa7, I found the Gaeilge tough, everything erased out of my head and like you, stumbled on basic grammar/vocabulary..Don't be too hard on yourself-I don't think there is one person on here that didn't struggle through the Gaeilge-it's done now so relax and the best of luck-let us know when you hear anything!!!!!

Mo Chuisle go on.. you know you wanna set up the FB page ;-) Noodles I'm a Wexford gal :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Meshelly

Congrats on getin in guys I had my interview on the 28th of july did uz wait long for ur email ??

Meshelly wrote: »
    Congrats on getin in guys I had my interview on the 28th of july did uz wait long for ur email ??

Hey Meshelly.. My interview was the 29th and I found out yday. Check your spam mail incase an email from Hibernia went in there. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

well done everybody! brilliant news! anyone else in the south east? im on the kilkenny/Waterford border!

I would probably be south east too Mares88-I'm kinda in the middle of Wexford and Dublin..

I'm in Wexford.. Eekkk I can't believe it. Go us :-)

cool - we might all be in enniscorthy together. cant wait to get started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 nic94

Hey guys can i ask what questions ye got asked in the english interview and also the irish please! any help would be appreciated!

I posted a few questions I could remember on Page 5 of this thread-don't think anyone else posted what they were asked. It goes by so fast it's such a blur when you come out, it's hard to remember everything! When is your interview nic94?
    Mares88-there is a regional group in Enniscorthy is there? That would be handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nic94

thanks ill have a look!! my interview if friday the 15th getting very nervous now!! if i get in.. fingers crossed!! ill probably be in the enniscorthy group too :)

Aw the best of luck!!!! They will revert back to your personal statement and ask about that in the Gaeilge interview, so make sure you know what you wrote! Let us know how it goes :)

mo chuisle I know of a few from Waterford that are travelling to enniscorthy this time round. I know one girl that moved to clonmel - that would probably be closer to me! the less travelling the better!

best of luck nic94!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hic87

Hi guys, im new to this! I had my interview last friday, the English was fine but the Irish was a different story! could not remember simple irish n flew the modh coll question! Does anyone know how many places are given? if I get it I would be in Enniscorthy too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 addictedtomusic

Hi Guys! I had my interview last Tuesday (Aug 5th) and I got an email on Friday morning offering me a place on the course! So delighted with it! I can't wait to start and meet everyone! Anyone on here from Connacht??? Really hope I dont have too far to travel for the onsites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

I got offered my place on Friday :) couldn't believe how quickly I heard back, still waiting for my irish result on weds eeeeek!! I'm based in galway so hoping I don't have to go too far either ... If I get the c3. The on site introduction is in nuim, is that for everyone around Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 addictedtomusic

Oh brilliant, congrats!! And I could be in the Galway group too!!! Yes the entire cohort will meet in Maynooth for induction!
    Howyaaaaa7 wrote: »
    I got offered my place on Friday :) couldn't believe how quickly I heard back, still waiting for my irish result on weds eeeeek!! I'm based in galway so hoping I don't have to go too far either ... If I get the c3. The on site introduction is in nuim, is that for everyone around Ireland?

Advertisement