Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CIPD Diploma in HR Management

Options
  • 02-09-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys

Just looking for some feedback information on the following course in AIT - I am between this course and CIPDDiploma in HR Practice. The CIPD Diploma in HR Management is a higher qualification over a year that is why I am swinging slightly towards it. If I did the Diploma in HR Practice to begin with would I have to complete the full year in HR Management to get the qualification or would I get exemptions from having completed the Diploma in HR Practice?

I currently work full time (HR Admin) but have no qualifications. I would be interested to hear if work load is manageable alongside working full time. Did you find the course interesting/beneficial?

Any other information on the course would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

galwaybird wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just looking for some feedback information on the following course in AIT - I am between this course and CIPDDiploma in HR Practice. The CIPD Diploma in HR Management is a higher qualification over a year that is why I am swinging slightly towards it. If I did the Diploma in HR Practice to begin with would I have to complete the full year in HR Management to get the qualification or would I get exemptions from having completed the Diploma in HR Practice?

I currently work full time (HR Admin) but have no qualifications. I would be interested to hear if work load is manageable alongside working full time. Did you find the course interesting/beneficial?

Any other information on the course would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Hey:) just wondering what course did you go for in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 galwaybird

Hey toaster sorry just seen this as iv been on hols.... decided on diploma in hr management. You doing the course yourself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

galwaybird wrote: »
    Hey toaster sorry just seen this as iv been on hols.... decided on diploma in hr management. You doing the course yourself :-)

Hey,

My partner is looking at getting into HR. We have been looking at these CIPD courses as they seem to be the ones that are most recognised. I was wondering how you found the course, was it good?

She already has a Bsc Honours in Architectural Technology however as you can probably tell there are no jobs in this sector. She has also applied for a lot of admin/secretarial/HR jobs however most either need qualifications or experience which she would have limited amount of in this sector.

I suppose my main question would be is do you think with your experience in HR that this course would help my partner get a job in HR?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

deco72 wrote: »
    Hey,

My partner is looking at getting into HR. We have been looking at these CIPD courses as they seem to be the ones that are most recognised. I was wondering how you found the course, was it good?

She already has a Bsc Honours in Architectural Technology however as you can probably tell there are no jobs in this sector. She has also applied for a lot of admin/secretarial/HR jobs however most either need qualifications or experience which she would have limited amount of in this sector.

I suppose my main question would be is do you think with your experience in HR that this course would help my partner get a job in HR?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec

Hi Dec,

Only seen this now. CIPD is vital for any HR job you see advertised now. I work in HR myself so I found the course to be a great help. I wish I had done the practical course too as the management one is very theory based.

I know some company's run HR Trainee programmes so if your partner done the course and got something like that it would be great.

Overall I found the course ok. I'm not sure I'm in a position to be running HR in a company but as a guideline it was good. Some aspects of it I found great others not so good but I'm glad I did it. I suppose it's like any course, if the interest is there its worth doing.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Any other questions drop me a pm and I'd be glad to share more experiences:)

Advertisement