Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
84%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Price Hike

01.03.2017 03:23 #1
Referring to this article:
http://m.independent.i...h-hike-35491607.html

How does one cancel their contract? I assume you'll send out notification texts but I'm currently out of the country and out of roaming coverage so probably won't receive it..

Also, how do I retain my number?
Last edited by KylieWyley: 01.03.2017 at 03:33.
01.03.2017 10:31 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by KylieWyley
Referring to this article:
http://m.independent.ie/business/technology/three-blames-rising-costs-for-5-a-month-hike-35491607.html

How does one cancel their contract? I assume you'll send out notification texts but I'm currently out of the country and out of roaming coverage so probably won't receive it..

Also, how do I retain my number?

Hi KylieWyley, if your plan is changing we'll be in touch over the coming days.  Our dedicated team can take you through the details. Give them a call on 1800818021. Rachel 
01.03.2017 12:00 #3
Generic template response..

*How* will you be in touch?

Did you read my concern RE: having no network coverage?
01.03.2017 12:42 #4
This issue has not been resolved. Please don't mark it as such.
2 thanks
01.03.2017 13:56 #5
I'm due to upgrade two phones shortly and also took out two new contracts recently for my daughters
If my bills are increased at all you will lose all four of these contracts without a doubt with immediate effect
Regards
Steve
01.03.2017 14:32 #6
Verified representative

Hi KylieWyley,

I'll be happy to troubleshoot any coverage issues that you may be experiencing. Can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth and I'll get it checked out.

To discuss any changes to your plan, you will need to get in touch with our dedicated team. You can reach them on  1800 818 021.
01.03.2017 17:29 #7
Originally posted by Three: Brogan

Hi KylieWyley,

I'll be happy to troubleshoot any coverage issues that you may be experiencing. Can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth and I'll get it checked out.

To discuss any changes to your plan, you will need to get in touch with our dedicated team. You can reach them on  1800 818 021.

Sorry Brogan not wishing to sound rude but I dont want to get in touch with your dedicated team.I'm the customer,they should get in touch with me
If Three are going to increase prices when customers are still in a contract then I will be cancelling my FOUR contracts and going elsewhere.I would urge other customers to do the same
I know the answer will be "3 reserve the right to change prices anytime blah blah blah" but that won't wash
You increase my monthly bill and it's "bye bye Three"
02.03.2017 11:03 #8
Bumping this as I am not prepared for this to be just forgotten about
Good Morning Brogan
02.03.2017 11:10 #9
Originally posted by Steve F
Bumping this as I am not prepared for this to be just forgotten about Good Morning Brogan

There is quite a large thread already of people who have successfully cancelled their contracts due to the price increase announced by 3. You may want to take a look. It's in Bargin Alerts ( cancelling a 2 year contract after only 4 months and keeping the phone is a bargin)
02.03.2017 11:15 #10
Is the Mini Flex 300 plan affected? Its currently €25.41 a month with no data, just calls + texts. Thanks
02.03.2017 11:28 #11
Originally posted by nhunter100
Bumping this as I am not prepared for this to be just forgotten about Good Morning Brogan

There is quite a large thread already of people who have successfully cancelled their contracts due to the price increase announced by 3. You may want to take a look. It's in Bargin Alerts ( cancelling a 2 year contract after only 4 months and keeping the phone is a bargin)

Ha ha yeah that is a bargain  ;0)
However I think this should be kept on here as this is the Three forum
Any News Brogan?
02.03.2017 12:05 #12
Originally posted by inna981
Is the Mini Flex 300 plan affected? Its currently €25.41 a month with no data, just calls + texts. Thanks

Check here - http://www.three.ie/customer-agreement/
1 thank
02.03.2017 12:18 #13
Yep...extra €5 per month x 4 = €240 extra a year.Nope not doing it!!
Only signed up to two new 24 month contracts a couple of weeks ago
Please inform me how I can terminate all FOUR contracts WITHOUT PENALTY
Regards
Steve
02.03.2017 12:24 #14
Regards
Steve

Ring this number 1800 818 021 
02.03.2017 12:27 #15
Originally posted by laoisfan
Regards
Steve

Ring this number 1800 818 021 

Nope...they have to contact me...they are the ones hiking the price.not upto me to run after them
Thanks anyway laoisfan ;0)
I'll wait for a call Brogan
Steve
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list