Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
84%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Cancel 3 contract without penalty

27.02.2017 21:30 #1
Can I just cancel my contract without penalty if I don't agree to this contract change.
Is roaming free under this change.

http://www.three.ie/cu...-from-28-march-2017/
27.02.2017 22:05 #2
Originally posted by noel100
Can I just cancel my contract without penalty if I don't agree to this contract change.
Is roaming free under this change.

http://www.three.ie/customer-notification/service-contract-change-effective-from-28-march-2017/

You can if you are on a plan affected by this - I think that this affects specific plans that haven't been outlined. Typical Three and their ambiguous customer notifications again.

I've been able to roam for years on non-Three networks 

I don't think any "free" roaming will come into affect to the summer time as per EU regulations
27.02.2017 22:11 #3
Originally posted by pizzahead77
You can if you are on a plan affected by this - I think that this affects specific plans that haven't been outlined. Typical Three and their ambiguous customer notifications again.

I don't think any "free" roaming will come into affect to the summer time as per EU regulations

I don't have roaming on my contract but with the new proposed change I have to accept roaming to stay in my contract. If I refuse the new contract I can leave without penalty.
This is what I understand .
27.02.2017 22:23 #4
Does this only affect users of Three's mobile network or can broadband customers cancel their contract without penalty also?
27.02.2017 22:34 #5

I don't have roaming on my contract but with the new proposed change I have to accept roaming to stay in my contract. If I refuse the new contract I can leave without penalty.
This is what I understand .

So doing some research - http://ask3.three.ie/S...=2332,Case=obj(2337) - Partial roaming is a limited roaming profile on all plans by
  • Full - For globe-trotters everywhere! Our bill-pay customers can experience what total freedom feels like, and use your phone anywhere in the world that we have a roaming agreement.
  • Real Time - Intrepid travellers can use their Three phones across a wide array of selected countries and networks worldwide. This is available to all our Bill Pay, Flexifix or Prepay customers.
  • Partial - Whether hopping across the pond or further afield, you can use your phone on any Three sister network. This is available to Bill Pay, Flexifix or Prepay customers.
[*]
Having roaming activated on your account doesn't cost anything extra so is there a particular reason you want out of the contract?
27.02.2017 22:56 #6
So doing some research - http://ask3.three.ie/S...=2332,Case=obj(2337) - Partial roaming is a limited roaming profile on all plans by
  • Full - For globe-trotters everywhere! Our bill-pay customers can experience what total freedom feels like, and use your phone anywhere in the world that we have a roaming agreement.
  • Real Time - Intrepid travellers can use their Three phones across a wide array of selected countries and networks worldwide. This is available to all our Bill Pay, Flexifix or Prepay customers.
  • Partial - Whether hopping across the pond or further afield, you can use your phone on any Three sister network. This is available to Bill Pay, Flexifix or Prepay customers.
[*]
Having roaming activated on your account doesn't cost anything extra so is there a particular reason you want out of the contract?

Yes to change network... I have 10months left and if I can leave I will.
1 thank
28.02.2017 00:30 #7
I'd be the first to advise you of a way out of contract OP (check my posting history in this forum) but tbh I don't see you getting out because of this change?

Looks like a communications cock up somewhere as I can't see how its a change that affects your contract in any way that makes a difference to you. Looks more like someone at three is jut copying and pasting information into a template then posting it.

Say three changed your contract by reducing your bill, do you think you could use that as a reason to get out of contract?

But good luck I hope you can wangle your way out as a result of this change.
28.02.2017 10:36 #8
I thought I would chance my arm and see if I was eligible to cancel my contract.

According to three, this change only effects about 600 people in Ireland, and I am not one of them  :-(
28.02.2017 10:50 #9
Originally posted by my3cents
I'd be the first to advise you of a way out of contract OP (check my posting history in this forum) but tbh I don't see you getting out because of this change?

Looks like a communications cock up somewhere as I can't see how its a change that affects your contract in any way that makes a difference to you. Looks more like someone at three is jut copying and pasting information into a template then posting it.

Say three changed your contract by reducing your bill, do you think you could use that as a reason to get out of contract?

But good luck I hope you can wangle your way out as a result of this change.

Looks genuine enough - the only issue I see is that if you have the partial profile it would affect you going to other countries which don't have a reciprocal agreement - it's hardly a deal breaker as you would just switch to a manual network search??
28.02.2017 11:02 #10
Originally posted by kevincaomhin
I thought I would chance my arm and see if I was eligible to cancel my contract.

According to three, this change only effects about 600 people in Ireland, and I am not one of them  :-(

What contract are you currenly on?
28.02.2017 11:29 #11
If someone wasn't happy with the service from 3 such as the diminishing mobile reception,it might be a good way to get out of your contract with 3.

I want out and I will be looking into this as I have no mobile reception at home for about 12 months now after having a great signal with O2!
28.02.2017 12:08 #12
Originally posted by zorro2566
If someone wasn't happy with the service from 3 such as the diminishing mobile reception,it might be a good way to get out of your contract with 3.

I want out and I will be looking into this as I have no mobile reception at home for about 12 months now after having a great signal with O2!

Make a start by searching this forum for Formal Complaint, Comreg and Small Claims Court.
28.02.2017 13:13 #13
Verified representative
So doing some research - http://ask3.three.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?Command=New,Kb=ROIWebportal,Ts=ROIWeb,T=CaseDoc,varset_CatID=2332,Case=obj(2337) - Partial roaming is a limited roaming profile on all plans by

[*]

[*]

Yes to change network... I have 10months left and if I can leave I will.

[*]
Hi Noel,

Did you receive a text in regards to this? If so, PM your name, number, address, date of birth and I'll check it out. Rachel 
28.02.2017 14:12 #14
Originally posted by Gooser14
Originally posted by kevincaomhin

What contract are you currenly on?

I am on mini flex max 100.. Got my upgrade in  April 2016.
28.02.2017 16:23 #15
How do I find out if I can cancel my contract under this new roaming rule?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video