Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

UPC Representatives

11 hrs
Response Time
62%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 1pm to 5pm

KickassTorrents Blocked

27.01.2014 16:23 #16
I used torrents over the weekend without issue. 

To clarify: kat.ph was blocked but .torrent files worked.
27.01.2014 16:29 #17
Originally posted by shaney20
It looks as if the bittorrent protocol is being blocked and not just specific "sites" - Tried to download the new Fedora version (from Fedoraproject.org) via bittorrent and had no joy. 

Anyone else notice issue with bittorrent usage aside from KAT & TPB??

could be just a block on PB and KAT  trackers?
27.01.2014 17:39 #18
Originally posted by JustAddWater
Originally posted by shaney20
It looks as if the bittorrent protocol is being blocked and not just specific "sites" - Tried to download the new Fedora version (from Fedoraproject.org) via bittorrent and had no joy. 

Anyone else notice issue with bittorrent usage aside from KAT & TPB??

could be just a block on PB and KAT  trackers?

Hmmm.... wouldn't explain why a torrent file from the Fedoraproject.org wouldn't download?
28.01.2014 18:53 #19
Torrents work fine here. Check other computers to see if there's something local affecting you and inside your router, stick your PC into the DMZ to see if that solves the issue (or enable UPnP if that's not already done). There could be many issues contributing to it and maybe the torrent itself was to blame.

As far as I know, UPC are not throttling P2P. But let's keep the discussion in this tread related to the issue of blocking and censorship and not delve into technical support for anyone having issues with torrents. There are other boards here for that.
03.02.2014 02:18 #20
Originally posted by antodeco
I tried downloading via torrents over the weekend and no joy. It did eventually download the files but they were all corrupted. Looks like torrents are dead :(

They're not. "I know people who are still torrenting". I don't obviously for legal reasons but they still work.
10.02.2014 15:41 #21
Boards.ie Community Manager
Folks, Boards has a rule about not talking torrents and UPC does not want these sorts of things talked about on their forum.  Please refrain from doing so again.
12.02.2014 12:20 #22
Originally posted by Dav
Folks, Boards has a rule about not talking torrents and UPC does not want these sorts of things talked about on their forum.  Please refrain from doing so again.

Dav, to what extent are we to refrain from mentioning *ahem* torrents? It's one thing to talk about torrents, the technology behind it, or censorship. It's another to go into downloading such and such a thing that isn't free or legal and lending a hand to anyone that does so on this forum. You have to remember that torrenting itself is not illegal and there is plenty of free software, etc., available for download over bittorrent, so there are legitimate uses. However, to remain on-topic here would be to limit the discussion to the censorship going on, stemming from the record labels' umbrella organizations through the High Court. It just so happens that the censorship in this case pertains to a popular torrent sharing website.

Could you please clarify your above statement so that everyone is 100% sure of what can and cannot be said?
12.02.2014 16:43 #23
Hi UPC,

Is there a list available on your website of all blocked websites? Or else can you please list below all of the websites that are currently blocked by UPC in response to court order?

Regards
12.02.2014 16:48 #24
Verified representative
Originally posted by ProjectMoose
Hi UPC,

Is there a list available on your website of all blocked websites? Or else can you please list below all of the websites that are currently blocked by UPC in response to court order?

Regards

Hi ProjectMoose,

The only sites that are blocked are Kickasass and Pirate Bay.

Sarah
2 thanks
09.04.2014 20:46 #25
Originally posted by glasso
just google "kickasstorrent mirror" and you're sorted.

i love you
17.07.2014 21:08 #26
Just use TorrentMirrors dot com

UPC,Eircom can't do sh1t. Its all PR Bullsh1t
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right