Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

UPC Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
90%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 1pm to 5pm

Xbox live problems with UPC

28.12.2012 09:55 #1
It seems as though a lot of UPC users cannot sign in to xbox or xbox live over the last few days. It seems only to effect upc customers so is there any way of getting this fixed?
4 thanks
28.12.2012 10:14 #2
Originally posted by Sin City
It seems as though a lot of UPC users cannot sign in to xbox or xbox live over the last few days. It seems only to effect upc customers so is there any way of getting this fixed?

It doesn't seem to be UPC only judging by the status page. it could be certain subsets of users having issues though
28.12.2012 10:16 #3
I've been having this problem since the 27th, to be honest it is really pissing me off with not being able to login or even get to my email account. It sucks that we pay to use XBox Live and UPC screw up on whatever it is that they did, hopefully they fix our problems fast
28.12.2012 12:13 #4
Link to thread about UPC and Xbox: http://www.boards.ie/v...2399286#post82399286
28.12.2012 13:25 #5
I have had a Tech out on Christmas Eve, and he said that is running OK,

I cant access Xbox, Hotmail or anything that uses a Microsoft Account. What is going on UPC !
28.12.2012 13:44 #6
Same here for the last few days. I'll be connected fine and playing away, then a random disconnect and I have to restart the xbox and try to get signed in again.
1 thank
28.12.2012 13:55 #7
Throwing my name in aswell having issues with hotmail. Changed my DNS to see and still having an issue. Im using the UPC modem in bridge modem with my own router.

Edit: Uploading a ping an tracert of hotmail.com. The site did load there once but was very slow.

Attached Images

Last edited by Doylers: 28.12.2012 at 13:59.
28.12.2012 13:56 #8
Verified representative
Afternoon everyone,

If anyone currently effected could please PM on your account details to UPC: Reps we will use these as examples to investigate further. We will update as soon as we can but the account details will help speed the investigation.

Thanks, Brian.
28.12.2012 14:02 #9
Originally posted by ferrigan101
Same here for the last few days. I'll be connected fine and playing away, then a random disconnect and I have to restart the xbox and try to get signed in again.

I noticed it first last night. I just rebooted the modem, now I can't even connect my laptop or my Xbox/iphone to the wifi. It will connect 2 but not the other. Or it will connect the PC and won't let the Xbox/iPhone connect. On to them all morning. Some genius told me it was a problem with my pc, then proceeded to give me a number to ring which you can't even get through to as it's a restricted number.
Takes an age to connect to Xbox live then just boots you after a game or two.

45 euro a month for this sh1t
28.12.2012 14:03 #10
Originally posted by ferrigan101

Yep, upc d15, on and off the last two weeks my connection to any of my Microsoft accounts go down, yet I can access the internet. The router resets, after short while, but the service had been pretty poor lately.
28.12.2012 14:08 #11
We cant seem to pm you Brian, just post visitor messages to you and I dont feel comfortable giving out information that can be seen publically
1 thank
28.12.2012 14:11 #12
delightful
Originally posted by Sin City
We cant seem to pm you Brian, just post visitor messages to you and I dont feel comfortable giving out information that can be seen publically

send the PM to "UPC: Reps"
2 thanks
28.12.2012 14:12 #13
Originally posted by UPC: Brian
Afternoon everyone,

If anyone currently effected could please PM on your account details to UPC: Reps we will use these as examples to investigate further. We will update as soon as we can but the account details will help speed the investigation.

Thanks, Brian.

I send the PM as requested.

Also note this is bigger than just Microsoft Account Servers not being able to be reached, this is for periods of time refusing to work with any Microsoft servers and than for some period of time it's back to normal just to go away again.

And no such problems on mobile connections shared via Wifi, so for sure a UPC problem.
28.12.2012 14:15 #14
Having a look on Twitter, it seems its not an isolated incident, even a dutch guy is complaining to UPC over there
1 thank
28.12.2012 14:18 #15
PM sent as requested. Happening in Lucan sporadically over the Christmas.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video