Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

PC World Naas changed my opinion

11.07.2012 22:09 #16
Hi Declan, just a quick one for you, was down in the Galway Currys store yesterday (had a bit of time to kill). Was approached by Vinnie in store who checked with me to see if there was anything I needed. Am thinking bout getting a new tv, but was clear from the outset that I wasnt going to buy there and then, he said that it wasnt a problem as he doesnt get commission and was happy to run through the options with me. He then spent a good 20 min running through all my options and was very straight up.
He recommended the best products rather then the most expensive. As a result, will be buying through the blanch store in the next week or so.
Just wanted to single out the excellent service received, if you could have everyone to the same standard as Vinnie, you wouldnt have to worry bout competition
11.07.2012 22:18 #17
Originally posted by swampy353
Hi Declan, just a quick one for you, was down in the Galway Currys store yesterday (had a bit of time to kill). Was approached by Vinnie in store who checked with me to see if there was anything I needed. Am thinking bout getting a new tv, but was clear from the outset that I wasnt going to buy there and then, he said that it wasnt a problem as he doesnt get commission and was happy to run through the options with me. He then spent a good 20 min running through all my options and was very straight up.
He recommended the best products rather then the most expensive. As a result, will be buying through the blanch store in the next week or so.
Just wanted to single out the excellent service received, if you could have everyone to the same standard as Vinnie, you wouldnt have to worry bout competition

Cheers Swampy, that commission point is a real clincher for us. There was a risk in doing away with it but we felt it was more than outweighed by having colleagues who were clearly focused on what the customer needed and not " selling " them something other than what's right for them. Your experience should hopefully be replicated across the whole business.

Don't get me wrong, we do want to do business. The way we motivate the stores is to provide a bonus to the whole team if the store does well. We have a plan to reward individual great effort as well but that's going to steer well clear of commision and be focused on customer service results.

Thanks for the feedback, Nothing better than when a plan comes together. I'll be sending onto Vinnie and the team in Galway
13.07.2012 21:26 #18
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Declan
Hellboy, you have a real bee in your bonnet about PC World Dundalk. Is there something I should know ?

I think the Dundalk PC world is terrible as well , bad vibe in the place. Which is strange beacause Currys next door the staff are actually helpful.
1 thank
13.07.2012 21:31 #19
Originally posted by Little Pea
I think the Dundalk PC world is terrible as well , bad vibe in the place. Which is strange beacause Currys next door the staff are actually helpful.

It's not just me then that's experienced this! You have to wonder why such a difference between the two stores, they're both run by the same company? The Currys store is a pleasure to go into anytime, PC World is hit and miss.

My worst ever experience in PC World was an absolute eye opener for me when I was addressed as an "idiot", what makes it worse is that I even got it printed on a service receipt. Certainly not the type of thing you want to see happening from any business!
Last edited by hellboy99: 14.07.2012 at 01:35.
14.07.2012 22:08 #20
I think if you got a receipt where the put your name down as idiot I would send a scan to Declan to investigate.

I certainly would not want someone with this attitude in a customer facing role in an organisation.

To be treated like an idiot and having idiot put down on a receipt is appalling.
14.07.2012 23:06 #21
Originally posted by dingding
I think if you got a receipt where the put your name down as idiot I would send a scan to Declan to investigate.

I certainly would not want someone with this attitude in a customer facing role in an organisation.

To be treated like an idiot and having idiot put down on a receipt is appalling.

Appalling is an understatement, went to the manager in the store at the time about it and all I got was a quick sorry and that was it. Looking back at it now I probably should of took it further but my opinion at the time was if the manager wasn't too fussed about it then higher up probably wouldn't be bothered either.
1 thank
15.07.2012 10:30 #22
Shocking the manager showed no interest in it also. This is worse than what the staff member done as this only encourages this behaviour amongst the staff.

I think you have answered Declan's question is there anything he needs to know.
1 thank
17.07.2012 11:02 #23
Shocking the manager showed no interest in it also. This is worse than what the staff member done as this only encourages this behaviour amongst the staff.

I think you have answered Declan's question is there anything he needs to know.

I've PM'd Declan about the whole thing and have heard back from him and it's been dealt with, thanks Declan :)

I will say one very positive thing about PC World/Currys (DSG), and a thanks to Boards, we have this forum here to contact Declan about any issues, a lot of businesses don't have/do that.
2 thanks
17.07.2012 14:22 #24
I am surprised that the misprice was a problem. Anytime anything was mispriced in my local shop they always honoured the price.

Also noticed the same in other stores such as tesco and homebase.

Usually the misprice is an offer that may have expired.

I got about 40 euro of an internet radio once that was priced cheaper than it scanned at by 40 euro, and there was no problem with this. It was expensive anyway so it was still up on 100 euro, this was a few years ago now. :D:D

AFAIK a shop is legally obliged to charge the price the goods are displayed as. So if it's a cheaper price on display than what the barcode says then they have to charge the cheaper display price. Of course I assume the store can refuse to sell item...
17.07.2012 14:24 #25
Originally posted by Eamo71
AFAIK a shop is legally obliged to charge the price the goods are displayed as. So if it's a cheaper price on display than what the barcode says then they have to charge the cheaper display price. Of course I assume the store can refuse to sell item...

That contradicts itself.
17.07.2012 15:17 #26
Originally posted by Eamo71

Not correct, the retailer does not have to honour any price tag, it's up to sales person as to whether they want to honour the incorrect displayed price, but they are not under any obligation to do so.
17.07.2012 15:32 #27
Originally posted by boreder
That contradicts itself.

yep that was an afterthought. The first bit stands again AFAIK.
17.07.2012 15:36 #28
Originally posted by hellboy99
Not correct, the retailer does not have to honour any price tag, it's up to sales person as to whether they want to honour the incorrect displayed price, but they are not under any obligation to do so.

yes you're right. Decided to check it out.
17.07.2012 15:52 #29
Originally posted by hellboy99

It's correct that you're not under a legal obligation. Most managers will use their discretion when instances arise, as they do.

We are legally obliged to display correct prices and are subject to inspections on this. Which only makes sense as there has to be some consequences for not keeping on top of your pricing.

The issue in retailing consumer electronics is that prices are forever moving and keeping on top of things is part of the day job.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video