Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

38 hrs
Response Time
48%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Iphone4 personal hotspot

06.07.2012 00:21 #1
Just realised my personal hotspot has gone from iphone4, was there earlier before number ported to TM. Tried resetting network settings and syncing phone still not there. Any ideas?
06.07.2012 09:29 #2
Verified representative
Hi There

Have you setup your phone again with the Tesco Mobile SIM in through ITunes.

We support hotspot and don't restrict so it should work

Regards
Paul
06.07.2012 13:09 #3
Yes I have synced the phone with the TM sim in it also reset network settings and even changed the name of the phone and it's still not there. It was working yesterday when I was on Meteor before the number ported. Now when I go settings\general\network there is no personal hotspot tab.
07.07.2012 16:53 #4
Verified representative
Only thing I can think of is that you may need our APN in the Internet Tethering section of the General-> Network-> Mobile Data Network area of settings.

APN is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

Note Personal Hotspot is in the root menu of Settings fourth after Airplane Mode - WiFi - VPN

regards
Paul
1 thank
09.07.2012 14:09 #5
I had the same issue until I found this post, on an unlocked iPhone 4 originally from another Irish operator, new TM prepay SIM, new number (not ported). I had tried everything, including a wipe and setup as a new iPhone.

Adding the APN to the Internet Tethering section caused the Personal Hotspot option to appear.

(One thing worth noting is that the option didn't appear immediately, I had to go out of the Network page and go back in before it showed. Similarly, deleting the APN removed the option, but that wasn't immediate either).
2 thanks
09.07.2012 19:06 #6
Yes I manually entered the settings and it reappeared. Syncing alone isn't enough.
1 thank
17.07.2012 21:23 #7
same problem here
18.07.2012 08:53 #8
Verified representative
Originally posted by poziczek
same problem here

Hi poziczek

Did you follow the solution as otlined in this thread? The others confirmed the solution solved the problem for them?

regards
Paul
08.08.2012 16:33 #9
Hi, i am on pay monthly Tesco Mobile i do not get the personal hotspot option, the above doesnt work i dont even have a tethering section in my network mobile data network settings???????? please help
08.08.2012 16:52 #10
Originally posted by jesz1987
Hi, i am on pay monthly Tesco Mobile i do not get the personal hotspot option, the above doesnt work i dont even have a tethering section in my network mobile data network settings???????? please help

Hi jesz1987,

Did you first go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Mobile Data Network and add the APN "tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com" ?

After this you need to come out of the menu fully then go back in and the personal hotspot option should then appear in the Settings -> General -> Network section.

Regards,
Krystal
09.08.2012 08:48 #11
Hi when i go into settings general mobile data network, the only things i get are

Mobile Data
APN prepay.tesco-mobile.com
username tescowap
password: password

MMS
username tescowap
password password

and a few other mms proxy etc

then at bottom reset settings.

which one do i change?
this is tesco mobile pay monthly UK yes?
everyone i seem to speak to at tesco are telling me you dont allow it?!?!?!
09.08.2012 09:25 #12
Originally posted by jesz1987
Hi when i go into settings general mobile data network, the only things i get are

Mobile Data
username tescowap
password: password

MMS
username tescowap
password password

and a few other mms proxy etc

then at bottom reset settings.

which one do i change?
this is tesco mobile pay monthly UK yes?
everyone i seem to speak to at tesco are telling me you dont allow it?!?!?!

Hi jesz1987,

Just to confirm this is Tesco mobile Ireland. If you are a Tesco UK customer you will need to contact them directly.

Regards,

Julianne
09.08.2012 09:26 #13
haha this is why then! UK dont seem to allow it, which is pathetic, ill be leaving them!!!
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video