Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
93%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Unlimited Calls, Texts and Data (15Gb) for €35 per month - Tesco Mobile

03.07.2012 22:18 #61
Verified representative
Originally posted by Owryan
can you link two sims to the one clubcard , ie myself and my partner ? we use the one clubcard but live in different counties. Seriously thinking about signing up, its a fantastic offer .

Yes, that is no problem.
03.07.2012 22:32 #62
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Paul
Yes, that is no problem.

Deadly, I ll see the rep in Carlow tomorrow
1 thank
03.07.2012 23:30 #63
If I travel abroad, what are the charges like to call home, or to use data? Does it come from the allowance?
04.07.2012 08:34 #64
Verified representative
Originally posted by dancin
If I travel abroad, what are the charges like to call home, or to use data? Does it come from the allowance?

Hi there

Information on general roaming below. Data roaming is not in place yet. Coming end August.

http://www.tescomobile...r-mobile-abroad.aspx

Roaming calls will not come from allowance

regards
Paul
04.07.2012 15:33 #65
Hi Paul
As a bit of a techo fool was just wondering if you (or anyone out there ;)) could tell me if the data speed would be decent when tethering with the mobile?
I currently use an o2 dongle, how should it compare to that?
Or could I pop my sim into the dongle when i needed to use the laptop?
04.07.2012 16:21 #66
Verified representative
Originally posted by christ on a bike!
Hi Paul
As a bit of a techo fool was just wondering if you (or anyone out there ;)) could tell me if the data speed would be decent when tethering with the mobile?
I currently use an o2 dongle, how should it compare to that?
Or could I pop my sim into the dongle when i needed to use the laptop?

Hi there

The data speed in general should not be restricted by the phone tethering (versus a dongle). The network speed will be the determining factor on speed.

At the moment we are capped on 2mbps. You can get more than this on O2. For browsing,email, radio streaming and basic downloading (music, software etc) this is more than enough for a positive experience.

The best way to be sure it works for you is to get a Tesco Mobile PAYG SIM from us try it out in your home location.

Do you have a phone that is capable of tethering - most Android phones and all iPhones since the 3GS can do this.

regards
Paul
04.07.2012 20:04 #67
tried to order this deal now but my order was rejected, cant think of why as am home owner for over 9 years employeed and have bank account for over 15 years.

tesco dont want my custom? i wanted to port my number from vodafone

neonitrix
05.07.2012 00:50 #68
Hi Paul got my sim today. Just wondering do you do micro sims for iPhone 4? I cut the sim and it's working. Just wondering are they available.
05.07.2012 06:18 #69
Hi i signed up for this yesterday,I have family in cyprus and if i was to ring or text them do i have to top up or will it come out with the direct debit?
05.07.2012 08:24 #70
Verified representative
Originally posted by neonitrix
tried to order this deal now but my order was rejected, cant think of why as am home owner for over 9 years employeed and have bank account for over 15 years.

tesco dont want my custom? i wanted to port my number from vodafone

neonitrix

PM sent
05.07.2012 08:25 #71
Verified representative
Originally posted by willah
Hi Paul got my sim today. Just wondering do you do micro sims for iPhone 4? I cut the sim and it's working. Just wondering are they available.

We can supply from Customer Care but if you have cut it and it works then its fine.

regards
Paul
05.07.2012 08:26 #72
Verified representative
Originally posted by irelandspurs
Hi i signed up for this yesterday,I have family in cyprus and if i was to ring or text them do i have to top up or will it come out with the direct debit?

All calls not included in your allowance are charged on your bill and will be paid as part of your over all bill payment each month

regards
Paul
1 thank
05.07.2012 08:56 #73
Paul,

I am with Tesco PAYG at the moment, mainly for the 1c/3c calls to India, but on my last two visits to India, the roaming just wouldn't work. I couldn't get roaming working the middle east either (Abu Dhabi). Any idea which network in India is your roaming partner (if there's such an agreement?).

Thanks in advance!
05.07.2012 09:25 #74
Verified representative
Originally posted by positron
Paul,

I am with Tesco PAYG at the moment, mainly for the 1c/3c calls to India, but on my last two visits to India, the roaming just wouldn't work. I couldn't get roaming working the middle east either (Abu Dhabi). Any idea which network in India is your roaming partner (if there's such an agreement?).

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

Yes we do having roaming in India with more than one operator.

Can you please PM our customer care team here and they will look int for you?

http://www.boards.ie/v...o=newpm&u=554494

thanks
Paul
1 thank
05.07.2012 10:33 #75
Originally posted by positron
Paul,

Thanks in advance!

Hi positron,

When you go roaming you need to ensure you have a 3g sim card. I will need you to PM us your mobile number, full name, address and mother's maiden name so I can see what sim card you have.

Your phone should automatically connect to a network when you get to your destination. If your phone does not you will have to go to the Settings option in your phone and Connectivity. You will then see a list of network providers which are available to you while you are in India- you must select one of the following: VODAFONE ESSAR, RELIANCE TELECOM LIMITED, IDEA CELLULAR or BHARTI AIRTEL Ltd

Thanks,
Maria
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list