Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

eircom Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
90%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

Billing Problem

21.06.2012 12:48 #1
Registered User
Just off the phone after being on a 58 minute call to Eircom.
The phone customer service is a disgrace, put through to 5 different people and constantly on hold and nobody had a clue what was going on, when the last guy had no idea who I was I just hung up.

I have been an Eircom customer receiving bills about the 6th of each month.
Last week I upgraded to fibre broadband.
On 6th June I received my old bill for 45 euros.
This morning I received a bill dated 18 June for 50 euros.
The new bill has a new account number and a different phone number.

I will obviously not be paying both of these bills.

I would appreciate some help in this matter because the call centre haven't a clue transferring me to broadband, to billing, to fibre and back to billing.
21.06.2012 14:28 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
Just off the phone after being on a 58 minute call to Eircom.
The phone customer service is a disgrace, put through to 5 different people and constantly on hold and nobody had a clue what was going on, when the last guy had no idea who I was I just hung up.

I have been an Eircom customer receiving bills about the 6th of each month.
Last week I upgraded to fibre broadband.
On 6th June I received my old bill for 45 euros.
This morning I received a bill dated 18 June for 50 euros.
The new bill has a new account number and a different phone number.

I will obviously not be paying both of these bills.

I would appreciate some help in this matter because the call centre haven't a clue transferring me to broadband, to billing, to fibre and back to billing.


Hi mdwexford,

We have your old account number, can you PM me the new account number you received on the bill and I will get back to you.

Thanks, Mark
21.06.2012 14:47 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
Just off the phone after being on a 58 minute call to Eircom.
The phone customer service is a disgrace, put through to 5 different people and constantly on hold and nobody had a clue what was going on, when the last guy had no idea who I was I just hung up.

I have been an Eircom customer receiving bills about the 6th of each month.
Last week I upgraded to fibre broadband.
On 6th June I received my old bill for 45 euros.
This morning I received a bill dated 18 June for 50 euros.
The new bill has a new account number and a different phone number.

I will obviously not be paying both of these bills.

I would appreciate some help in this matter because the call centre haven't a clue transferring me to broadband, to billing, to fibre and back to billing.


Hi mdwexford,

I found your new account 7636XXXX

When providing the fibre broadband was issued as a separate account rather than assigned to your existing account. Did you request a Voice (VOIP) and broadband plan when you requested the fibre broadband?

Thanks, Mark
21.06.2012 15:31 #4
Registered User
Hi Mark,

Yeah that's the one.

I just got a letter in the post saying fibre is available in my area now and call to upgrade.

I rang and said I was interested, the guy asked me did I need a phone package as well.
I said I don't have a phone in my house and only used Eircom for broadband.
He said then that the fibre would cost me 40 a month.
I said perfect go ahead and sort out an installation for me.
21.06.2012 15:59 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
Hi Mark,

Yeah that's the one.

I just got a letter in the post saying fibre is available in my area now and call to upgrade.

I rang and said I was interested, the guy asked me did I need a phone package as well.
I said I don't have a phone in my house and only used Eircom for broadband.
He said then that the fibre would cost me 40 a month.
I said perfect go ahead and sort out an installation for me.



Hi mdwexford,

Ok, well usually what would happen is the fibre order would be issued on the existing account and once the broadband is installed and up and running the standard land line will be ceased and a broadband voice plan will be added and assigned to the existing number.

See packages: http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

If you call fibre sales on 1800 40 40 30

They can arrange that for you.

Thanks, Mark
Last edited by eircom: Mark: 21.06.2012 at 15:59. Reason: amendment
21.06.2012 16:15 #6
Registered User
Hi im having the exact same issue atm, no idea what is happening, seem to be being billed twice with 2 account numbers and nobody on customer billing has a clue whats going on
21.06.2012 16:21 #7
Originally posted by VinLieger
Hi im having the exact same issue atm, no idea what is happening, seem to be being billed twice with 2 account numbers and nobody on customer billing has a clue whats going on

Hi if you can PM me either of your account numbers I will have a look at this for you.
21.06.2012 16:25 #8
Registered User
actually seeme to have gotten a customer rep who understands whats happening, like above the old account was never canceled so looks like its being sorted now
21.06.2012 16:45 #9
Verified representative
Originally posted by VinLieger
actually seeme to have gotten a customer rep who understands whats happening, like above the old account was never canceled so looks like its being sorted now


Hi VinLieger,

If you need me to check anything or if you have any follow up queries. Please PM me with your tel no: or eircom account number.

Thanks, Mark
22.06.2012 00:47 #10
Registered User
Originally posted by eircom: Mark
Hi mdwexford,

Ok, well usually what would happen is the fibre order would be issued on the existing account and once the broadband is installed and up and running the standard land line will be ceased and a broadband voice plan will be added and assigned to the existing number.

See packages: http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

If you call fibre sales on 1800 40 40 30

They can arrange that for you.

Thanks, Mark


No no no.

I've already gotten my fibre and now I've been charged my normal bill dated June 6th and now a fibre bill dated June 18th.
Last edited by mdwexford: 22.06.2012 at 00:54.
22.06.2012 15:49 #11
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
No no no.

I've already gotten my fibre and now I've been charged my normal bill dated June 6th and now a fibre bill dated June 18th.


Hi mdwexford,

Yes I know, but obviously if you only want the one account. You can add broadband voice (call package) as a bundle with the fibre broadband. Transfer your telephone number onto the fibre line.

Then delete the old standard phone / broadband line if you like?

Thanks, Mark
22.06.2012 16:52 #12
Registered User
Originally posted by eircom: Mark
Hi mdwexford,

Yes I know, but obviously if you only want the one account. You can add broadband voice (call package) as a bundle with the fibre broadband. Transfer your telephone number onto the fibre line.

Then delete the old standard phone / broadband line if you like?

Thanks, Mark


I don't want any call package.

I just want my billing issue sorted out.

I of course don't want my old line now I have fibre and the guy who upgraded me should have cancelled that line when I upgraded.
22.06.2012 17:06 #13
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
I don't want any call package.

I just want my billing issue sorted out.

I of course don't want my old line now I have fibre and the guy who upgraded me should have cancelled that line when I upgraded.


Hi mdwexford,

Do you specifically want to keep your old number or do you mind either way?

Thanks, Mark
22.06.2012 19:42 #14
Registered User
Originally posted by eircom: Mark
Hi mdwexford,

Do you specifically want to keep your old number or do you mind either way?

Thanks, Mark


Makes no difference to me Mark.

I just use it solely for Internet, I don't even have a house phone.
25.06.2012 13:27 #15
Verified representative
Originally posted by mdwexford
Makes no difference to me Mark.

I just use it solely for Internet, I don't even have a house phone.



Hi mdwexford,

I am looking to arrange to cease your standard land line account - 7541xxxx so you will just have the fibre broadband account active with eircom. I should get back to you with an update by tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion