Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

eircom Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
89%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

Big Problem with my Modem

30.05.2012 09:59 #1
Hello, I recieved my modem yesterday, and have set it up this morning only to find out that the connection is horrible, its worse than what I had before, It wont even open a webpage, the dsl in on constant so I assume it has been connected up and such down at my exchange, I't says my signal strength is "weak" and "poor", I am close to the modem, closer to a friend who's modem work fine. Just wondering what in the world is going on ?
30.05.2012 14:19 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by Conorp55
Hello, I recieved my modem yesterday, and have set it up this morning only to find out that the connection is horrible, its worse than what I had before, It wont even open a webpage, the dsl in on constant so I assume it has been connected up and such down at my exchange, I't says my signal strength is "weak" and "poor", I am close to the modem, closer to a friend who's modem work fine. Just wondering what in the world is going on ?

Hi Conorp55,

Everything is testing fine from the network side since you set up the new modem

would you mind trying the checklist - http://bit.ly/K8ZA4P if you can & get back to me.

Thanks, Mark
Last edited by eircom: Mark: 30.05.2012 at 14:19. Reason: amendment
30.05.2012 17:49 #3
Cheers for checking mark, the speed seems to be ok now, but the range of the modem seems to be quite limited, any suggestions ?
1 thank
01.06.2012 12:18 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by Conorp55
Cheers for checking mark, the speed seems to be ok now, but the range of the modem seems to be quite limited, any suggestions ?

Thanks Conorp55,

Glad to hear your broadband speed is fine again. The following LINK or our Community Forum may give you some suggestions regarding your modem -

Community.eircom.net

Best wishes,
Ant
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list