Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

O2 Representatives

2 hrs
Response Time
92%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 10.00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10.30am - 7.00pm

o2 - haven't a clue

22.05.2012 11:51 #1
Mobile broadband slow at home, did Speedtest and was getting basically tortoise speed download of 0.? meg v's 'normal' 4meg . Modem was showing green meaning I wasn't recieving 3G in the area.

Drove down the road and got a blue 3G signal so it was down to something being amiss off one of the transmitters ( Never a problem getting 3G at home before )

Rang o2 and was brought thru a test procedeure by the girl in the centre - the test revealed I could pick up Meteor,Vodafone and Eircom but no o2 so she said she'd report it.

No improvement next day so Phoned (twice) and got foreign girls who 1) I could barely understand and 2) hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor person that I could understand.

Amazing, o2 etc fight so much to get your business , then throw it away by employing people who don't give a damn or don't earn enough to be bothered to help you.
Last edited by dudara: 22.05.2012 at 13:16. Reason: Nationality has no bearing
22.05.2012 12:17 #2
Originally posted by Capri
Mobile broadband slow at home, did Speedtest and was getting basically tortoise speed download of 0.? meg v's 'normal' 4meg . Modem was showing green meaning I wasn't recieving 3G in the area.

Drove down the road and got a blue 3G signal so it was down to something being amiss off one of the transmitters ( Never a problem getting 3G at home before )

Rang o2 and was brought thru a test procedeure by the girl in the centre - the test revealed I could pick up Meteor,Vodafone and Eircom but no o2 so she said she'd report it.

No improvement next day so Phoned (twice) and got foreign girls who 1) I could barely understand and 2) hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor person that I could understand.

Amazing, o2 etc fight so much to get your business , then throw it away by employing people who don't give a damn or don't earn enough to be bothered to help you.

Do speeedtests hourly and save your results, firstly though email O2 and inform them that they are not providing the service you are paying for, ask them to resolve the issue and give them ten days to respond, send them emails every day withoyour speedtest results and tell them you will continue this to show you are not getting the service, they should respond by either fixing the problem or allowing you out of the contract.
Last edited by dudara: 22.05.2012 at 13:17. Reason: As above
22.05.2012 15:29 #3
Good idea , have done, Thanks

And for those others who think ..........y has no bearing - I have included it with my mail to o2 because I DO think, and have proved before , it has a bearing.
(eg. I phoned a solicitors before about something, the receptionist told me I must pay €50 up front before I could ask the solicitor a question (it was 'do they do ......?' ). Said I would call in to pay but went in and sat there waiting for one of the solicitors to walk thru, when he did I stood up and asked him -
"Do you do .....?"
He said "We don't but XXX do"
" So," I said," WHY didn't that answer cost me €50?"
"What are you talking about?" he said. Told him what secretary had said on the phone. "She's got a lot of explaining to do re her lack of English understanding" he said.
YEAH, .........ty has no bearing to understanding and speaking English ?????
Last edited by Capri: 22.05.2012 at 15:58.
22.05.2012 16:36 #4
Verified representative
Hi Capri, sorry to hear you are having issues with your Broadband.Can you do a speedtest now and advise of the speeds. Has your speed in your home only recently got worse?Also what is your location?
22.05.2012 19:44 #5
Originally posted by O2_Lisa
Hi Capri, sorry to hear you are having issues with your Broadband.Can you do a speedtest now and advise of the speeds. Has your speed in your home only recently got worse?Also what is your location?

O2Lisa, at 19.30 I've tried for 10mins to get Speedtest to register a speed but nothing's happening.The service is only gone down since about Saturday last. I already sent all my info etc. to O2 customer 'care':mad:. Thanks
22.05.2012 21:14 #6
Good idea , have done, Thanks

And for those others who think ..........y has no bearing - I have included it with my mail to o2 because I DO think, and have proved before , it has a bearing.
(eg. I phoned a solicitors before about something, the receptionist told me I must pay €50 up front before I could ask the solicitor a question (it was 'do they do ......?' ). Said I would call in to pay but went in and sat there waiting for one of the solicitors to walk thru, when he did I stood up and asked him -
"Do you do .....?"
He said "We don't but XXX do"
" So," I said," WHY didn't that answer cost me €50?"
"What are you talking about?" he said. Told him what secretary had said on the phone. "She's got a lot of explaining to do re her lack of English understanding" he said.
YEAH, .........ty has no bearing to understanding and speaking English ?????

What? I myself am having trouble understanding YOUR English in this post.
1 thank
22.05.2012 21:31 #7
wetin i do you? :D
Last edited by Capri: 22.05.2012 at 21:39.
23.05.2012 08:00 #8
O2Lisa, at 19.30 I've tried for 10mins to get Speedtest to register a speed but nothing's happening.The service is only gone down since about Saturday last. I already sent all my info etc. to O2 customer 'care':mad:. Thanks

Seem to be back up to speed this morning 3.72mb/s v's Eircom's land B/B 2.64mb/s so I'm a happy camper - but BOTH o2 AND Eircom have a way to go in 'Customer service' . NEITHER can boast of proper 'Customer service' where staff don't seem to be incentivised to go the extra mile, I've had excellent agents and sh**e agents so perhaps it's the supervisors not doing enough. :confused:
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video