Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

49 hrs
Response Time
14%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Vodafone customers cannot contact me?!?!

20.05.2012 00:19 #1
Hi

I have recently ported in from Three, lured in by your competitive pay as yo go package. Generally speaking I have been relatively happy until I realised that I have not been receiving responses or calls from Vodafone customers. I had a few friends heck if they could get through, and they get a "not in service" message. What is going on? Other networks seem unaffected.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

I've had a few other issues with tesco mobile (in my three weeks with them):
1) data speeds are something shocking
2) charged for usage that I never used (multiple texts to uk numbers that wasnt

Anyone have experience of this issue with Vodafone?

Thanks
20.05.2012 00:59 #2
Originally posted by comuirch
Hi

I have recently ported in from Three, lured in by your competitive pay as yo go package. Generally speaking I have been relatively happy until I realised that I have not been receiving responses or calls from Vodafone customers. I had a few friends heck if they could get through, and they get a "not in service" message. What is going on? Other networks seem unaffected.

Thanks

I was with Vodafone and have just swopped over to Tesco...

Tesco top up by 10 gives you 20 1Gb Data Add on is 6.99

Vodafone you top up by 30 euro it only gives you 250mb Data its simply laughable...hence reason for change

The worst provider I can honestly say I was with...
They rob you of your credit and say its the phone I only use my phone for updating Facebook etc so dont need to have like amazing speed but Vodafone was the same unless your in proper 3G areas and in places I thought had 3G dont so you need to always look at the symbols on your phone if 3g is gone and your on 2G dont use data simple as...

If you check boards for other complaints TESCO is by far the best in that not many complain all other ones receive different complaints etc...
Also if your having issues just contact Customer Care I presume your now with Tesco so obviously just ring the help desk.
Last edited by IrishPsychic: 20.05.2012 at 01:07. Reason: Read post wrong...
20.05.2012 01:13 #3
Hi

Thanks

Also the UK TEXTS are in order to activate FACETIME etc if using an IPhone and other things you would of seen the pop up your carrier may charge you etc again ring Tesco they will refund you for this...
20.05.2012 05:47 #4
Hi

I have recently ported in from Three, lured in by your competitive pay as yo go package. Grenerally speaking I have been relatively happy until I realised that I have not been receiving responses or calls from Vodafone customers. I had a few friends heck if they could get through, and they get a "not in service" message. What is going on? Other networks seem unaffected.

Thanks

Ring customer care, its just a routing issue, Tesco will contact 3 to update their routing. Common enough problem with 3.
20.05.2012 13:53 #5
Thanks for the responses.

I have called their customer care line, but their representative suggested it was probably a sim card issue and suggested I swap the sim cards out to check the handset, and if that worked I'd need a new SIM from tesco.

I tried to explain to her that given the fact that the problem was isolated to one network and only in one direction it couldn't be SIM issue, but she had no other suggestion.

I've sent them a message via their website, so hopefully thry'll respond with a fix,

@IrishPsychic, yep I agree Tesco Mobile deals are great value....but only if the product is good and so far I've found the data pretty slow, and can't be contacted by 1/3rd of the people in my phone book ....not a great start. Hopefully it's just teething issues, but if it's not I'll be off pronto to a more reliable network.

I will say that when I contact customer care you get through quickly to someone an you aren't bounced around multiple advisers (as you are on some other networks), but could the much lower number of complaints on boards reflect the fact that they are a) much newer to the market and b) have way fewer customers than the other providers meaning you would expect much fewer complaints on a forum like boards?!

Either way, thanks for the responses. Hopefully it's resolved soon
21.05.2012 00:48 #6
Thanks for the responses.

I have called their customer care line, but their representative suggested it was probably a sim card issue and suggested I swap the sim cards out to check the handset, and if that worked I'd need a new SIM from tesco.

I tried to explain to her that given the fact that the problem was isolated to one network and only in one direction it couldn't be SIM issue, but she had no other suggestion.

I've sent them a message via their website, so hopefully thry'll respond with a fix,

@IrishPsychic, yep I agree Tesco Mobile deals are great value....but only if the product is good and so far I've found the data pretty slow, and can't be contacted by 1/3rd of the people in my phone book ....not a great start. Hopefully it's just teething issues, but if it's not I'll be off pronto to a more reliable network.

I will say that when I contact customer care you get through quickly to someone an you aren't bounced around multiple advisers (as you are on some other networks), but could the much lower number of complaints on boards reflect the fact that they are a) much newer to the market and b) have way fewer customers than the other providers meaning you would expect much fewer complaints on a forum like boards?!

Either way, thanks for the responses. Hopefully it's resolved soon

My Dad got ported over today I have 10 euro left on my Vodafone account then I am going to Tesco - Him calling me for free with just 10 Euro Top Up and Vice Versa is perfect it is cheap as chips as the Tv guy says lol,

I think allot of people dont realize the offer Tesco are doing and will expect way more people switching over - I feel their Tv Advert has let them down and they need to get into the 2012 thinking with how its shot and how the ad comes across rather then the guy from Bachelors Walk Etc - No offense to him but if you want to get all of use 25 - 35 yr olds and upwards it needs to be more up to date with your offer like 1gb data add on is 6.99 thats fantastic - I did put a poll out on my website and people were saying no as 3 is the best fair enough they offer all you can eat data etc but I dont need that and I dont want to top up my phone by 20 euro just to get that offer - Tesco is cheaper with its texts and calls to all networks which suits me - and the most I have waited like you said was 2-3 min on Vodafone I have waited about 20 min to be put through then HELLO VODAFONE and the line cuts off which you go back to the start of the Q again another 20 Min seriously it wasnt worth it and the only reason I was staying with them was the Free Credit for being a new Customer and having to top up etc now thats gone I can enjoy Tesco when I switch over - I do feel they will pull the cat out of the bag and increase the speeds etc and everyone will be happy they dont want to lose anyone so will be working on it and ways to improve it all the time,

Fingers crossed its soon and as a Psychic I feel it will be - Onwards and upwards Tesco Mobile

:)
21.05.2012 01:10 #7
You really need to use punctuation, the odd full stop would help your rambling posts.
Last edited by GIMP: 21.05.2012 at 01:13.
1 thank
21.05.2012 09:24 #8
Hi

Thanks

Hi! It sounds like a porting issue with routing. This means that the network you are unable to receive calls from do not have details of the port so the call isn't routed to Tesco Mobile. If you DM me your mobile number we will send this to Vodafone to update.

We already have a thread on data speeds if you want to keep up to date on that. There was an issue with data speeds which we had worked on. We are still working on upload speeds. On your phone, you should check that you have 3G switched on.

Once I have your mobile number, I will look into the multiple texts to UK.
22.05.2012 00:13 #9
Originally posted by GIMP
You really need to use punctuation, the odd full stop would help your rambling

totally agree always surprised at the long posts people make in this and many other forums I mean you,d think they would be more careful about punctuation the odd full stop comma etc maybe break a long post into a couple of paragraphs check slepping I blame the schools and texting and all this text speak what do you think can be done about it maybe teach a bit more grammar in primary schools and not let them into secondary school until They they pass an exam in grammar and slepping.:p
22.05.2012 01:59 #10
Originally posted by dixiedan
Originally posted by GIMP
You really need to use punctuation, the odd full stop would help your rambling

totally agree always surprised at the long posts people make in this and many other forums I mean you,d think they would be more careful about punctuation the odd full stop comma etc maybe break a long post into a couple of paragraphs check slepping I blame the schools and texting and all this text speak what do you think can be done about it maybe teach a bit more grammar in primary schools and not let them into secondary school until They they pass an exam in grammar and slepping.:p

Point noted about grammar,
Someone else said that to me before in posts that I make,
I hope it wasn't the same person I doubt it lol,
I just keep typing and don't use punctuation sorry.
I have probably made loads of mistakes now in even writing this but I hope not...
SMILEY FACE :)
22.05.2012 19:23 #11
Hi Leona

This issue seems to have been resolved by customer care. Appreciate the help!

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon