Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
93%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Pre-Order the Samsung Galaxy S III

20.06.2012 12:38 #556
Had an issue whereby I went to the 3 store and was given a new sim card. I was told I needed to port my current 3 number to the new 3 sim card via customer care.

Grand, I've done it before...

Got home and called customer care who put me through to Customer options in Ireland.
I was very disappointed with the woman on the phone.

Although no fault of hers, apparently because my contract was the same type as the one I am currently on, I should have been given a blank sim card. So I was told my only options were to go back to the store (already closed at this stage) or wait 30 days for my current contract to be cancelled and the new one to kick off.

So potentially I wouldn't have been able to use my S3 for 30 days (old sim card was not a micro sim)

She didn't offer any solutions and continuously put the onus back on me to resolve it myself. This was a Three mistake.
Certainly didn't offer an apology.

Somewhat enraged at this stage I was put back through to customer care (India) and unfortunately that woman got the brunt of my anger.
She was excellent though and had it resolved in a couple of hours, to my delight.

TLDR; Three Store messed up my order. Three Customer Options (Ireland) were awful to deal with - everything about them. Three Customer Care (India) who often get negative reports on this forum, were excellent in helping.
20.06.2012 12:43 #557
Originally posted by Feidhlim
Had an issue whereby I went to the 3 store and was given a new sim card. I was told I needed to port my current 3 number to the new 3 sim card via customer care.

Grand, I've done it before...

Got home and called customer care who put me through to Customer options in Ireland.
I was very disappointed with the woman on the phone.

Although no fault of hers, apparently because my contract was the same type as the one I am currently on, I should have been given a blank sim card. So I was told my only options were to go back to the store (already closed at this stage) or wait 30 days for my current contract to be cancelled and the new one to kick off.

So potentially I wouldn't have been able to use my S3 for 30 days (old sim card was not a micro sim)

She didn't offer any solutions and continuously put the onus back on me to resolve it myself. This was a Three mistake.
Certainly didn't offer an apology.

Somewhat enraged at this stage I was put back through to customer care (India) and unfortunately that woman got the brunt of my anger.
She was excellent though and had it resolved in a couple of hours, to my delight.

TLDR; Three Store messed up my order. Three Customer Options (Ireland) were awful to deal with - everything about them. Three Customer Care (India) who often get negative reports on this forum, were excellent in helping.

I'm really sorry about the confusion there, I can post out a blank microsim to you if you like? Just click the link in my signature to send a PM with your details.
20.06.2012 12:47 #558
Originally posted by Three: Sheena
I'm really sorry about the confusion there, I can post out a blank microsim to you if you like? Just click the link in my signature to send a PM with your details.

Resolved by Customer Care - but thanks all the same. Looking forward to my bill next month though where I'm charged twice... ;)
20.06.2012 17:01 #559
Mine finally arrived, charging it as we speak so should be ready by the time I go home from work!!! Looksh shexy!! :D
20.06.2012 17:09 #560
Originally posted by DVD-Lots
Mine finally arrived, charging it as we speak so should be ready by the time I go home from work!!! Looksh shexy!! :D

pebble blue I take it then?
20.06.2012 17:10 #561
Indeed.
1 thank
20.06.2012 17:11 #562

Lucky you! been waitin all day on my delivery but no joy. it better be here tomorrow! the suspense is killing me!
20.06.2012 17:17 #563
Indeed.

Was the Samsung seal intact or broken?
20.06.2012 17:29 #564
Intact, no problems with this one.
1 thank
21.06.2012 22:02 #565
Anyone else still waiting? Over 3 weeks now.
21.06.2012 22:06 #566
Originally posted by donjuandejohn
Anyone else still waiting? Over 3 weeks now.

i know for a fact that o2 got loads of blue in today so stock shortage must be over
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video