Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
84%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Pre-Order the Samsung Galaxy S III

31.05.2012 20:36 #361
Originally posted by god's toy
23Hrs and still waiting for SIM info to change over from mini SIM to the new Micro one. I'd like to use phone on network but can't :(
Says on the website it can take up to 24Hrs however.

wasnt there a post about here somewhere about restarting the phone for the sim to kick in ??

You probably already tried it but was worth mentioning it I suppose !
1 thank
31.05.2012 21:13 #362
Originally posted by MrTrebus
wasnt there a post about here somewhere about restarting the phone for the sim to kick in ??

You probably already tried it but was worth mentioning it I suppose !

Yep and I did that about 20 times today! You know when it's changed over as your old SIM stops working but mines just a keeps on working away.

Anyhoo Ive rang three support now so let hope it's sorted soon.
Fair play to support staff, this guy was sound and we were done in 5 mins.
31.05.2012 21:54 #363
Yep and I did that about 20 times today! You know when it's changed over as your old SIM stops working but mines just a keeps on working away.

Anyhoo Ive rang three support now so let hope it's sorted soon.
Fair play to support staff, this guy was sound and we were done in 5 mins.

Em, that's actually wrong.

The old sim should stop working straight away. They haven't even begun the transfer. I would ring them back and get to move along with it.

The transfer could be being held up by your old network.
31.05.2012 22:24 #364
Originally posted by Thor
Em, that's actually wrong.

The old sim should stop working straight away. They haven't even begun the transfer. I would ring them back and get to move along with it.

The transfer could be being held up by your old network.

Anytime I have ever changed networks my old sim didn't go off until my new one came on
31.05.2012 22:26 #365
Originally posted by dillo2k10
Anytime I have ever changed networks my old sim didn't go off until my new one came on

For me, the old one died straight away, it happened that way everytime I ported.

Might be because I ported from one three number to another.

Not sure, but it should definitely be done by now. Not sure why it would take them that long.

I still think his original network is holding up for some reason.
31.05.2012 22:30 #366

I think so too.

Did you let your old network know that you were leaving?
31.05.2012 22:39 #367

I think so too.

Did you let your old network know that you were leaving?

It's from Three to Three! Got the phone on pay as you go and I'm just moving my bill pay account onto the Micro SIM

Just restarted both phones and the old SIM is still working... grrr

Maybe in the morning so..
31.05.2012 22:47 #368
It's from Three to Three! Got the phone on pay as you go and I'm just moving my bill pay account onto the Micro SIM

If its fromv three to three then it should be done instantly.

I changed my O2 broadband sim for a microsim for the iPad and it was switched immediately. It only takes two seconds to do, you should probably drop into a shop. I'd say it will take a while tomorrow though, with so many people changing networks with the S3 being released to everyone tomorrow.
31.05.2012 23:00 #369
If its fromv three to three then it should be done instantly.

I changed my O2 broadband sim for a microsim for the iPad and it was switched immediately. It only takes two seconds to do, you should probably drop into a shop. I'd say it will take a while tomorrow though, with so many people changing networks with the S3 being released to everyone tomorrow.

Yep I get the feeling your right. lol well if they didn't get me with a three week delay in getting the phone, then fate doesn't let me use it right away.

Lol do the rep on here work on Fridays?

Thanks for your help btw.
31.05.2012 23:02 #370
Yep I get the feeling your right. lol well if they didn't get me with a three week delay in getting the phone, then fate doesn't let me use it right away.

Lol do the rep on here work on Fridays?

Thanks for your help btw.

Did you get a blue phone?

No they don't usually work on Fridays, but I think they might tomorrow due to the release.
1 thank
31.05.2012 23:05 #371
Was gonna get the Blue but last moment I changed my mind so I felt like I won that round...

Yep going to skim the three forum tomorrow and if they are around I'll pop off a PM, if not I'll be making my way to the nearest three store. But the good thing is I can still use the phone with wifi so it's not a complete loss.
31.05.2012 23:06 #372

I have gotten three to three ports multiple times. It takes around 3-5 hours but the old sim dies immediately. So the port hasn't even begun.
2 thanks
31.05.2012 23:14 #373
Was gonna get the Blue but last moment I changed my mind so I felt like I won that round...

Oh good, I was quite annoyed with three there for a moment thinking that some people had gotten a blue one when I was told there was no chance of getting one :)
1 thank
01.06.2012 07:15 #374
Was told the my white one would be delivered on Friday or Tuesday but got home yesterday to find my son playing with it.. got no despatch email though.

And didn't want to wait for the sim switch over so took a sharp pair of scissors to the old one and works perfectly.
01.06.2012 07:52 #375
Originally posted by gbob
Was told the my white one would be delivered on Friday or Tuesday but got home yesterday to find my son playing with it.. got no despatch email though.

And didn't want to wait for the sim switch over so took a sharp pair of scissors to the old one and works perfectly.

can i ask when you were told it would be delivered on friday , i was told by upgrade team via phone call on wednesday that my phone would arrive this friday, didnt get tracking nor refference number and no dispatch email either
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video