Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
98%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Request For Comment : Direct Debit Procedures in Three

23.05.2012 23:13 #16
Originally posted by Three: Sheena
3 acts within the guidelines set out

Is this the same Three that set up nine DD's with my bank account without my approve or my knowledge.
24.05.2012 09:01 #17
Originally posted by Etnies
Really life is to short to be crawling around the internet looking for rules that are being broken.

Rules being broken?

RangeR exposed serious flaws the way the DD scheme is handled by the parties involved and I'm very grateful for it.

And the responses given by all these parties (originators, banks, ispo) in the different threads certainly would make me think twice about paying with DD.
7 thanks
24.05.2012 12:49 #18
Originally posted by RangeR
I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Got a link?

The link is here - warning: Its a PDF

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2005:309:0015:0036:en:PDF

I'm pretty sure its been transposed into Irish law at this stage. Wiki will know.
Last edited by Feidhlim: 24.05.2012 at 12:49. Reason: Edit: awesome link...
1 thank
25.05.2012 16:28 #19
Originally posted by lil5
Rules being broken?

RangeR exposed serious flaws the way the DD scheme is handled by the parties involved and I'm very grateful for it.

And the responses given by all these parties (originators, banks, ispo) in the different threads certainly would make me think twice about paying with DD.

So basically what your saying is you had no idea that you didnt need to provide proof of your own bank account while ordering via phone or web? Maybe you shouldn't be on the internet at all.
25.05.2012 23:12 #20
So basically what your saying is you had no idea that you didnt need to provide proof of your own bank account while ordering via phone or web? Maybe you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

I don't think that's what he is saying...
3 thanks
26.05.2012 13:15 #21
Originally posted by Feidhlim
I don't think that's what he is saying...

ok then since I missed it, what did he mean? Considering that's what the thread is about and he said he found the information useful. Not getting into pointless conversations so I won't be replying.
28.05.2012 12:34 #22
ok then since I missed it, what did he mean? Considering that's what the thread is about and he said he found the information useful. Not getting into pointless conversations so I won't be replying.

Delighted.

Back on topic.
3 thanks
28.05.2012 13:14 #23
To this we must disagree.

Formal complaint raised with Three. I'll hold off on the formal complaint to IPSO and Financial Regulator until that discussion runs it's course.

Sheena,

I raised the formal complaint on 23 May [5 days ago]. I then received an auto email saying that I'd be contacted within 48 hours. There was no reference on the email.

I've yet to hear from anyone.

The summary to my formal complaint is why bank details are not verified on account set up.
28.05.2012 13:54 #24
Sheena,

I raised the formal complaint on 23 May [5 days ago]. I then received an auto email saying that I'd be contacted within 48 hours. There was no reference on the email.

I've yet to hear from anyone.

The summary to my formal complaint is why bank details are not verified on account set up.

I'll contact that department to see if there's a delay, can you PM the email address that you sent it from?
28.05.2012 13:55 #25
PM Sent
12.06.2012 16:39 #26
Having heard nothing back from ANY department in Three to my formal complaint, other than updates by Sheena, I have made a formal complaint to IPSO in relation to potential non compliance in the Direct Debit Scheme.
13.06.2012 11:24 #27
Sorry about that RangeR, I'm following up on our side now with that dept
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image