Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
88%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Data roaming - getting any closer?

15.05.2012 08:04 #1
With the holiday season fast approaching, what's the latest news about data roaming? Is it getting any closer? Prices & bundles?
15.05.2012 09:24 #2
Hi lil5,

It's not 100% confirmed yet but there are plans to introduce a data roaming service this summer. I don't have a specific time frame as yet however, but when we do we'll let you know.
15.05.2012 09:55 #3
Hi Krystal
Thanks for your reply.

I know plans change and all, but Paul mentioned on the Mobiles/PDA-forum in February, that data roaming would be coming in 1-2 months.

Now we're in the middle of May and you're telling me about a possible introduction in this summer ...
15.05.2012 10:21 #4
Verified representative
Hi Lil5

Sorry to jump in. Krystal is correct. It has taken us a little longer than we wanted but we are getting there on data roaming. Cant be precise but we are hoping to have in place before July. The complexity is around meeting the data roaming EU regulations which give a good experience for customers but are tricky to implement.

regards
Paul
1 thank
15.05.2012 10:24 #5
Hi lil5,

I'm sorry that this is delayed from what we were hoping but it is being worked on for implementation as soon as possible. I'm going to see if I can get anything more specific on this for you.
1 thank
15.05.2012 10:26 #6
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Paul
Hi Lil5

Sorry to jump in. Krystal is correct. It has taken us a little longer than we wanted but we are getting there on data roaming. Cant be precise but we are hoping to have in place before July. The complexity is around meeting the data roaming EU regulations which give a good experience for customers but are tricky to implement.

regards
Paul

Thanks for the update Paul, sorry I didn't spot your post before replying :)
15.05.2012 10:34 #7
Hi Krystal, Hi Paul
Thanks to both of you for the quick replies and the update re the data roaming.

Kind regards
lil5
08.06.2012 11:29 #8
Hi,

any updates on data roaming?

What about a special deal for data roaming in Northern Ireland? :rolleyes:

Thank you,
Daniel
08.06.2012 11:53 #9
Originally posted by daniruth
Hi,

any updates on data roaming?

What about a special deal for data roaming in Northern Ireland? :rolleyes:

Thank you,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We don't have any further confirmation for the data roaming as yet so I also don't have any details for specific countries.

As soon as we do have definite details for this we'll post here.

Regards,
Krystal
08.06.2012 12:29 #10
Hi,

thank you for the reply.

Sadly, if July comes and no roaming data is available or it is too expensive, I will resort to taking my sim card out while on holidays (as every year) and get my PAYG sim with simyo (Spain). Only 3 cents per mb used, 8 cents per minute/call!!

In this day and age, data roaming cannot be expensive if carriers at home want to make money out of business travellers or holiday makers. There are other options available that would be cheaper. :)

I trust Tesco will give us a fair and honest deal, without trying to fleece us while travelling overseas. ;)

Thank you for your response,
Daniel
Last edited by daniruth: 08.06.2012 at 13:13.
09.06.2012 23:30 #11
I hope this is brought in soon too. Otherwise i will be switching to Meteor for the duration of my holiday. Its a lot hassle to do, but I am kinda (disturbingly) lost without my phone. lol
27.07.2012 13:01 #12
Hi Tesco Folks,

Any further updates on Data Roaming availability?

Thanks.
27.07.2012 13:38 #13
Originally posted by ew684376
Hi Tesco Folks,

Any further updates on Data Roaming availability?

Thanks.

Hi ew684376,

It will be the end of August before it will be introduced, no specific dates yet. We will be keeping ye updated on Boards when we do have any updates for you.

Thanks
Maria
19.08.2012 15:34 #14
Hey guys, any news on this, is it any closer to being made available?
20.08.2012 09:55 #15
Originally posted by Kensington
Hey guys, any news on this, is it any closer to being made available?

Hi Kensington,

This is currently being worked on but I believe implementation is unlikely to be before September. Sorry I don't have more specific dates for you as yet.

Regards,
Krystal
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image