Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Stolen Samsung Galaxy S2 - No Insurance

09.05.2012 13:06 #1
Hi guys,

My girlfriend had her phone snatched from her hand while on a call. She has since cancelled and blocked the phone via your customer service team.

She is 7 months into an 18 month contract. She had no insurance on the phone. I was just wondering what her options are?

Thanks
09.05.2012 13:07 #2
There isn't much she can do. I think because she didn't have insurance, she will have to pick up a prepay phone or else buy another phone via adverts.

Horrible situation :(
1 thank
09.05.2012 13:42 #3
Unfortunately Vahevala is right, without insurance our hands are tied. She can get a prepay phone and use her billpay sim card in it until she has an upgrade to use, which would be in about 9 months. Here are the prepay offers online. She has my pity though, it is a frustrating situation to be in.
1 thank
09.05.2012 13:45 #4
I have a htc one x she can buy from me, lol
09.05.2012 13:48 #5
Thanks guys. I thought as much. Little bastards. Happened 300 meters from home too.

So upgrades usually come into effect a couple of months before your contract is up?
09.05.2012 13:58 #6
This happened to me too and there is nothing one can do except the pre pay option and swop sim. The Galaxy S3 has already been launched and will be here soon. There is an Insurance policy available which covers all phones in the family plus Mp3 players etc . It costs around 80 Euro , unfortunately I dont have the name to hands at the moment.
1 thank
10.05.2012 16:41 #7
Originally posted by the dunne
Thanks guys. I thought as much. Little bastards. Happened 300 meters from home too.

So upgrades usually come into effect a couple of months before your contract is up?

You can get a Samsung Galaxy Europa for €49* [prepay] on Three. While it's not a great phone, it's the cheapest way onto Android again.

Get two, keep one spare.
I think I have three or four at home.
17.08.2012 01:58 #8
while i know there's no point shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. i always install a security program onto a phone along with setting the security code on a phone. i cannot understand why people still do not do these things. if everyone who ever lost a phone did these simple 5 minute set ups there would be a lot less stolen phones. F-secure is one such program. with these tools you can get informed if anyone changes simcard and you get forwarded the phone number to a nominated number. you can send a text message to your phone if its turned on to lock the phone, to trace the phone via getting a sms back with grid coordinates via the phones gps, wifi and internet data. if all else if lost you can wipe confidental information off the phone. ive lost my phone several times on drunken nights out to always locate it at a gaff party or the pub via google earth. install these security measures in your next phone and maybe phone thefts will drop.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon