Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Vodafone Representatives

11 hrs
Response Time
99%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Texting New Zealand

18.05.2012 16:37 #16
I think it would be proper service for Vodafone to send an "undeliverable" text back to a customer when they do not have a relationship with other providers rather than the text just disappearing into the ether.
18.05.2012 20:08 #17
Dear Vodafone,

Do you even care that your customers have problems? Please explain your silence.

Not only can I no longer text New Zealand, I can't send messages through Viber either (to the only number that has it that you no longer allow me to text) when I'm not at home on the wifi, as you have now blocked that too.

Also, I switched to paperless billing a few months back and I can't even view a bill on your app or website. It would seem if I cared less about the trees, I could receive a breakdown on what I am actually being charged for. You could at least allow people to view their bills online when you save a fortune on paper, envelopes and stamps.

I just phoned the customer "care" number again. This time I got told that Vodafone do not have an agreement with 2 degrees, but Vodafone "obviously has an agreement with Vodafone NZ and Telecom NZ". His words, not mine. Technical support said they were currently investigating the issue with both NZ companies to see what problem is going on at their end. Bless, there you go, pointing the finger again. I guess one good thing is that you have finally admitted to having an agreement with Telecom NZ, except, once again it has to be someone elses fault, but your own.

I got about 12 apologies in the course of the conversation but no answer. No reason, nor time frame of fix date, only "sorry". I can't text with sorry. Can you help us text anywhere in the world, on the anywhere in the world plan please?
22.05.2012 16:49 #18
Vodafone??? Anything?? Anything at all???
23.05.2012 12:13 #19
So I just phoned VF customer care again and today's excuse was that it was a problem on the NZ end. Yes, there is a problem with all three networks in NZ, not just the one here.

Even though, all three networks in NZ can indeed text me, apparently it is their problem not VF IE's.

Any clarification here Nick or Darren? Any fix? Any time frame on said fix? Are we just going to go on like this for a few more months? Too many questions?
24.05.2012 21:11 #20
Is there any chance of getting a response here Vodafone??????

The case is still open, issue unresolved. Anywhere in the world, is not working!!!!

Frustrating much!
24.05.2012 21:48 #21
Originally posted by JillJo

The case is still open, issue unresolved. Anywhere in the world, is not working!!!!

Frustrating much!

Still waiting for a response here?
26.05.2012 17:07 #22
Originally posted by mcgee_j
Originally posted by JillJo

Frustrating much!

Still waiting for a response here?

Still waiting here folks..... Time is moving slowly in the contract searching division of Vodafone it would appear?
28.05.2012 12:24 #23
Originally posted by mcgee_j
Still waiting here folks..... Time is moving slowly in the contract searching division of Vodafone it would appear?

It's been two weeks since you said you would get back to us Vodafone.

This is still an issue, an unresolved issue at that.

Are you doing anything to fix this problem???

I requested a call back from a supervisor on Thursday. I was told they would call me within 24 hours. It has since been 87 hours and still no word. Quelle surprise!
29.05.2012 15:22 #24
Any idea on when you'll have an agreement with 2 degrees?

Any idea on who's lying about having a 2 way agreement between Telecom NZ and VF IE?
Theres certainly a 1 way anyway as Telecom NZ's customers message come out through the Telecom message centre and land here.

Any idea on why I can't send messages to a Vodafone NZ number?

Any idea on why I request a call back from a manager last Thursday, and again yesterday and still no call back?

Any idea on why I'm being told the case has been closed and the problem isn't fixed, nor have I been contacted?

Any idea on why I could text NZ until I changed to the my way international plan?

Any idea on when somebody from VF is going to appear on this thread?
29.05.2012 23:02 #25
Fact: Vodafone Ireland customers can phone NZ mobiles on MyWay plan
Fact: NZ mobiles can text Vodafone Ireland phones on MyWay plan
Fact: Vodafone Ireland customers can not text New Zealand mobiles
Fact: Vodafone Ireland customer's texts leave their phones but are never
received in New Zealand
Fact: There is an agreement between Vodafone Ireland, and Telecom NZ&
Vodafone NZ
Fact: Vodafone Ireland have ZERO interest in admitting the fault
Fact: Vodafone Ireland have ZERO interest in fixing the fault

All we are asking for is a simple problem to be fixed

We are paying 65 euro a month for a plan that promises NZ texting

CAN SOMEONE/ANYONE IN VODAFONE PLEASE DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY?????
30.05.2012 12:50 #26
Hi Hunja,

I see another person is getting conned by Vodafone IE. Frustrating aren't they, to say the least!!

The My Way package states, that it is international minutes and texts to anywhere in the world.

The fine print in the terms and conditions says that you are able to call and text to any international destination within the Vodafone footprint. Within the Vodafone footprint, it clearly states that New Zealand is in said category.

Quit ignoring this issue Vodafone, or simply stop selling a product that you cannot deliver and making us pay for something we are not receiving!!

Can you stop ignoring us also???? You haven't come back in weeks!!!!!

We would all truly appreciate some sort of response to show that you are not ignoring the problem, please!
31.05.2012 08:30 #27
Hi Vodafone Darren,

So this morning started like any other except I had a text from a friend in NZ to announce the arrival of a baby. I replied, as one would, in the hope that the message would go through, more than ever.

Well I sent a text, adding at the end, "don't know why I'm writing this as you probably won't get it", and low and behold, I got a reply saying "f*** I did!"

Well, knock me over with a feather!! I then sent other texts to other affected numbers in NZ and so far the strike rate has been 80%!! I have been able to text all Telecom NZ numbers and Vodafone NZ, just not 2 degrees. Does this mean, Vodafone IE is back up and running??? Long may it last! It's such a delight to be able to text anywhere in the world on the anywhere in the world plan!!

Now all I need is for this to continue. Do you think it will? Has there been a fix? Do you think it would be asking too much for a manager to call me back, seeing as I requested a call back on the 24/05/12 at 15:00, the 28/05/12 at 12:40, the 29/05/12 at 13:24 and again yesterday the 30/05/12 at 14:05, each time being promised a call back within 24 hours and yet never receiving one??

Are you able to rattle their cages? Are you able to organise a credit for myself and all of the other persons affected?

Oh how wonderful it is to be able to communicate once again using a telecommunications operator! Now all we need is to able to communicate to the telecommunications company.....maybe that's another 2 months on a different thread....
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video