Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Laptop Replacement

01.05.2012 22:47 #1
Hi,

I wrote about 2 weeks ago about my laptop coming back from repair broken. I had to send it off again and got it back today. But it's still broken. I was on the phone to Leanne in Currys Liffey Valley and she said she'd try and get me a replacement but has to clear it with the engineers. It's been away now for 28 days and still isn't fixed, it's actually much worse than it was in the first place. It says in my policy that if the laptop can't be repaired within 28 days it should be replaced.

Shouldn't I get a replacement now without having to get clearance from the engineers? Also it says that my replacement laptop won't be covered by coverplan? Will this be enforced even though KNOWHOW broke the laptop and so it is their fault it has to be replaced, not mine? The policy says that I will just get a voucher for coverplan for my next purchase, but I won't be in a rush to get the KNOWHOW service again.

Thanks.
02.05.2012 08:55 #2
Originally posted by cartwheel_
Hi,

I wrote about 2 weeks ago about my laptop coming back from repair broken. I had to send it off again and got it back today. But it's still broken. I was on the phone to Leanne in Currys Liffey Valley and she said she'd try and get me a replacement but has to clear it with the engineers. It's been away now for 28 days and still isn't fixed, it's actually much worse than it was in the first place. It says in my policy that if the laptop can't be repaired within 28 days it should be replaced.

Shouldn't I get a replacement now without having to get clearance from the engineers? Also it says that my replacement laptop won't be covered by coverplan? Will this be enforced even though KNOWHOW broke the laptop and so it is their fault it has to be replaced, not mine? The policy says that I will just get a voucher for coverplan for my next purchase, but I won't be in a rush to get the KNOWHOW service again.

Thanks.

Could you be kind enough to pm me your repair reference details? We fix 30,000 + laptops per year in our repair centre and it's rare enough for this to happen, and very unfortunate when it does. But twice is taking it too far. I'd like to follow up in detail with the repair centre, see what they diagnosed and fixed ( or didn't ).

On a replacement product, there is always a process to authorise the issue of any replacment product and going through that approval process needs to be done. I don't envisage any problem with it.

Once you have your replacement product you will be issues for vouchers for the equivalent value for the unexpired part of your coverplan agreement. You can use this to purchase Coverplan for your replacement product or for anything else.

Obviously, whether you choose to purchase the product again is up to you, and a poor experience doesn't help matters. What I can say for myself is that I'm getting my 4 year old desktop back today after the disk drive has been replaced and it's had its annual tune up. Neither has cost me a cent. On my way to collect that from the store in Carrickmnbies I'll be dropping in my son's laptop. That's the one that fell out of its bag a year ago and had the screen smashed. That was repaired fine and now it's overheating so it's back for repair for that now. That's a three year old product and all that repair and service hasn't cost me a thing over and above the cost of the original coverplan agreement. So, while I would strongly recommend it also has to be done right. It's all well and good me evangelising the benefits but if it's not being done right for one customer that undermines the whole thing.
02.05.2012 09:09 #3
I haven't actually put it back in for repair yet because the shop was closing last night. Is there any other info I could send you instead?

I don't mind getting the coverplan with vouchers, once I don't have to put my own money towards it? Would the vouchers cover the cost of it?
02.05.2012 09:18 #4
Originally posted by cartwheel_
I haven't actually put it back in for repair yet because the shop was closing last night. Is there any other info I could send you instead?

I don't mind getting the coverplan with vouchers, once I don't have to put my own money towards it? Would the vouchers cover the cost of it?

Can we kick off with the repair ref ? I can then go to the head of the repair centre and he can find out what was diagnosed with your laptop and what was repaired. All repairs will have such a report and a QC check before it was authorised to be sent back to you. Could you also let me know exactly what the problem is now and what you think happened at the repair centre ?
02.05.2012 09:32 #5
I PM'd you there with the original repair no.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video