Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

samsung ue46es5500

27.04.2012 02:37 #1
Hello,

Can i get a quote for Samsung TV UE46ES5500 please?

Cheers, Endrju
30.04.2012 17:21 #2
Originally posted by endrju
Hello,

Can i get a quote for Samsung TV UE46ES5500 please?

Cheers, Endrju

Hi Endrju, € 949.99 is the price here. Sorry for the delay.
30.04.2012 17:32 #3
Hi Declan,

Well, if we match the price of Pixmania (€899) I will go for it. Note, they offer extended manufacturer warranty for free!!
30.04.2012 19:09 #4
Registered User
add 35.99 to that cost(shipping)
30.04.2012 19:37 #5
@skinny90: Note that home delivery isn't free at Currys too. I'd happy to pay €934.99 (€899+€35.99) if Currys offered 2 years warranty and home delivery. I don't even expect to beat their offer, just to match it.
30.04.2012 20:42 #6
Originally posted by endrju
@skinny90: Note that home delivery isn't free at Currys too. I'd happy to pay €934.99 (€899+€35.99) if Currys offered 2 years warranty and home delivery. I don't even expect to beat their offer, just to match it.

Let's wait until Thursday and we'll see the lie of the land if that's ok with you. We've something cooking which might work and I'll outline that then.
30.04.2012 20:46 #7
Well, the only thing is that PowerCity offers it for €902 with free home delivery today http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-14-46ES550
If you think you are able to beat them I can surely wait.
Please respond ASAP...
30.04.2012 20:51 #8
Originally posted by endrju
Well, the only thing is that PowerCity offers it for €902 with free home delivery today http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-14-46ES550
If you think you are able to beat them I can surely wait.
Please respond ASAP...

Now that's a slam dunk. Price promise kicks in here ( web excluded ). If any equivalent competitor has the product at a lower price and has it in stock within 30 miles of your local Currys store then we match that and give 10 % of the difference. No questions asked, no quibbles, end of story. Might be able to add to that on Thursday however.
30.04.2012 21:01 #9
That's cool, I'll be waiting for your next update then... Cheers.
03.05.2012 10:10 #10
Originally posted by endrju
That's cool, I'll be waiting for your next update then... Cheers.

http://www.currys.ie/c...n=FAISupporterBanner

So the update's as follows. As part of our official supporter campaign for the boys in green for Euro 2012 we doing an additional € 50 off voucher for a select band of TV's. This happens to be one of them. The voucher is valid for the month of July for any Currys or PC World with a min purchase requirment of € 100.

So hopefully that'll bring you over the top..
03.05.2012 11:55 #11
UE40ES5500 seems to be now discounted in Currys, but not UE46ES5500. When can I expect the price lower that the Power City's one - €902 + extented 2 years warranty: €79.95 ? How can I get hold of the voucher? Do I need to wait till July to make use of it?
03.05.2012 12:39 #12
Originally posted by endrju
UE40ES5500 seems to be now discounted in Currys, but not UE46ES5500. When can I expect the price lower that the Power City's one - €902 + extented 2 years warranty: €79.95 ? How can I get hold of the voucher? Do I need to wait till July to make use of it?

Price promise applies there if anyone is cheaper than the price we have. I see Power City are now at the same price.

The voucher will be issued in store and you'll need to wait until July to make use of it.

On the extended warranty product we don't actually offer a product like that. This extended warranty is a simple extension of the manufacturer's warranty and would cover you against any manufacturing fault that may develop. Your standard statutory rights offer you a lot of this protection in the first place.

Coverplan is an entirely different product, adding accidental damage, faults caused by issues other than manufacturing fault, liquid damage and the like. 50 % of the repairs we carry out under Coverplan have nothing to do with the manufacture of the product and are caused by use. Very much a different product. We haven't sold a simple extension of a manufacturer's warranty in years.
03.05.2012 13:03 #13
Declan, see above... They had one day offer for this telly (€902 + free delivery) but you wanted me to wait till today saying you'd be able to beat them then. Now you're saying that I need to wait 2 months to get €50 off the current price which, with the home delivery, would be still higher than the Power City's one! Do you think it's fair?
03.05.2012 13:33 #14
Originally posted by endrju
Declan, see above... They had one day offer for this telly (€902 + free delivery) but you wanted me to wait till today saying you'd be able to beat them then. Now you're saying that I need to wait 2 months to get €50 off the current price which, with the home delivery, would be still higher than the Power City's one! Do you think it's fair?

Oh, you've cornered me......

Deal done, but no voucher. How's that ?
04.05.2012 09:48 #15
So what's your offer beating PowerCity?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion