Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

4 hrs
Response Time
77%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Change from BOL to 365?

15.04.2012 15:28 #1
Hi there - I've a sole trader account (my name t/a my registered business name) and it's set up with BOI BOL.

Someone said that as I'm not a company, I can actually use 365 Online instead.

I would really like to do this, as the BOL system is appalling to use for a variety of reasons. Online banking is by a long shot the most important aspect for me, and I've found BOL so bad that I'm considering switching to a different bank.

Can you please confirm if this can be done?
16.04.2012 09:37 #2
Hi Eoin,

It may be possible to set up a 'trading as' account on banking365. It is normally only personal accounts that can be set up, but it depends on the kind of account you have in particular. We would need to check the account before we could advise correctly of whether you can set it up online or not.

Please be aware that banking365 is designed for personal customers. You will need to make sure it does suit your needs, here are the terms and conditions as there are some limitations that apply to banking365.

If you would like to call banking365 on 0818 365 365 from 8am - midnight Monday to Friday or Saturdays 10am - 2pm to see if your account is eligible.

I hope this helps.
Thanks
Linda
1 thank
22.04.2012 11:54 #3
Eoin,

Just wondering how you got on, did you manage to get registered. If not here is a link for the BOI registration page with trading as up there as an option on the dropdown would be interested to know how you get on and just how long it takes for you to get your pin from time of registration. Thanks

https://personalbankin...ne-registration-form
1 thank
10.05.2012 12:01 #4
Sorry for the delay in replying, I only got around to this today. They said it's not a problem at all, so I'm being set up right now, so can thankfully get rid of BOI BOL.

Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Linda
You will need to make sure it does suit your needs

Thanks - I use it for personal banking, and it does everything I need it to.

I think maybe BOI don't realise that a lot of sole traders don't need the labyrinthine options that BOL provides. They just need to be able to pay a credit card and do account transfers.
10.05.2012 12:50 #5
Originally posted by Eoin
I think maybe BOI don't realise that a lot of sole traders don't need the labyrinthine options that BOL provides. They just need to be able to pay a credit card and do account transfers.

That's good to hear, I am involved with a charity who have 3 BOI accounts and all they want to do is move money around the accounts, pay small expenses and the odd supplier a few hundred. BOI is looking for €15+ a month and AIB is offering them free banking/internet for two years. It is only the volume of paper work required to open/move a charities account which has stopped them moving to AIB so far. The only feature I see 365 lacking is a double authorization system to transfer money, but I don't think that is too important to them.
10.05.2012 13:28 #6
Hi Eoin,

Thanks for letting us know how you got on, I am glad it is working out for you.

Thanks
Linda
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image