Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Damaged appliance collected in-store today

07.04.2012 16:19 #1
Hi Declan,

I collected an appliance from the Galway store this afternoon. On unwrapping, there is a large dent along the side of the unit. I photographed the damage with the item partially unwrapped. Your receipts do not provide a contact number for the store - rather helpful? As such, I called the 1890 number on the receipt and spoke with a CS rep. named Heather. I advised that I needed to contact the Galway store, and she told me that if the item is damaged, I need to go to the store. I stated that I wanted to phone the store, not travel to report the damage if possible.
Apparently they are unable to contact the store - again, helpful system. They have extension numbers for Galway, but your CSR advised that the system doesn't allow them to dial them.
I insisted that the rep. note the damage on the order reference so that I had a time/date of reporting the damage, and she did do this, but regularly insisted that I had to contact the manufacturer to obtain authorisation for a replacement. I advised the CSR that I purchased the item from Currys, and will be dealing only with Currys to obtain replacement.

The current status is that apparently now I have to travel to the store and follow up on this. How is this system appropriate, and why are customers being told that their only recourse is with the manufacturer for an item not even fully unwrapped, and clearly damaged at point of purchase?
I can assure you I am glad that I purchased using a credit card, and am extremely disappointed with Curry's attitude to the situation.
I now have no appliance, given that the item this replaced has gone through Curry's WEEE centre.

Any comments? I can provide the order number as needed.
-fm
07.04.2012 19:11 #2
Best thing to do is to return to the store immediately. Bring the appliance with you along with the receipt. I'd ask for a manager straight away to save time telling two people. How did you transport it home? I'm sure they will ask you this to make sure you didn't damage it. More than likely it was damaged in transit before you purchased. Your right, you need to deal with Currys and not the manufacturer. On a side note it's not really Currys fault either, they cant inspect the appliance before you get it because it is already wrapped. Be nice and friendly with them, you will get your issue solved quicker. Update us on how you get on.
08.04.2012 16:46 #3
Originally posted by Andymccabe2012
currys and pc world TOTAL RIP OFF
I have something to say dose anyone ever go into a currys or pc world shop and have every sales person chasing you around the shop its so annoying i went into a currys and pc world shop and the sales person wanted me to buy this coverplan guarantee thing i only came in to buy a laptop the sales person kept saying oh you need it you need it i said NO i don't i'am fine the sales person then went on to saying you need a bag i said NO i have a bag i said just the laptop will do thanks the sales person tried to sell me something with the laptop it got to a stage where i said forget it and walked out of their store i then went into a HARVEY NORMAN store and found that i was not forced into buying any of their extra add on's i was not harrassed while looking around their store i could not understand why the sales person at currys and pc world wanted me so badly to buy the extra expense i then asked my son's friend who once worked for their company currys and pc world and i was told they bring in all their cheap bags from china and try get the customers to buy them for 30 times the price that they paid thats why the sales people force the extra cheap bags on customers from this experience i would never ever shop with currys or pc world ever again or would my family and friendsi then purchased a laptop with harvey norman and found to get a great shopping experience GO HARVRY GO

You'll be lucky if anyone could be bothered to read this text in full. I found myself on the third line when I had to stop. If this is how you make written complaints, I'd be surprised if anyone ever got back to you.
10.04.2012 08:42 #4
Originally posted by fmul9798
Hi Declan,

I collected an appliance from the Galway store this afternoon. On unwrapping, there is a large dent along the side of the unit. I photographed the damage with the item partially unwrapped. Your receipts do not provide a contact number for the store - rather helpful? As such, I called the 1890 number on the receipt and spoke with a CS rep. named Heather. I advised that I needed to contact the Galway store, and she told me that if the item is damaged, I need to go to the store. I stated that I wanted to phone the store, not travel to report the damage if possible.
Apparently they are unable to contact the store - again, helpful system. They have extension numbers for Galway, but your CSR advised that the system doesn't allow them to dial them.
I insisted that the rep. note the damage on the order reference so that I had a time/date of reporting the damage, and she did do this, but regularly insisted that I had to contact the manufacturer to obtain authorisation for a replacement. I advised the CSR that I purchased the item from Currys, and will be dealing only with Currys to obtain replacement.

The current status is that apparently now I have to travel to the store and follow up on this. How is this system appropriate, and why are customers being told that their only recourse is with the manufacturer for an item not even fully unwrapped, and clearly damaged at point of purchase?
I can assure you I am glad that I purchased using a credit card, and am extremely disappointed with Curry's attitude to the situation.
I now have no appliance, given that the item this replaced has gone through Curry's WEEE centre.

Any comments? I can provide the order number as needed.
-fm

Sorry to hear about this. What we should have done at the contact centre was to take your contact details, ermail them to the store and have the store make contact with you. That's how it works normally and how it should have worked in this instance. Can you please pm me through your details and I'll have the store make contact with you.
10.04.2012 14:02 #5
PM sent. I phoned again on Saturday and got the same story regarding contacting the manufacturer,and a number for the Galway store which does not exist.
19.04.2012 16:42 #6
This is still ongoing, and I see Declan's PM is unavailable - could someone please PM me on this?
19.04.2012 17:27 #7
This is still ongoing, and I see Declan's PM is unavailable - could someone please PM me on this?

I'm on holidays this week and next so I've shut off the pm's as I'm not genrally around to deal with them. However, I'll turn back on now for you to send me through. I thought we had your case done and dusted so I'm disappointed it's ongoing. I'll pass the details onto the store with instructions to resolve quickly.
19.04.2012 17:37 #8
Hi Declan,

Rob has worked on the issue for me, but I do appreciate the fact that you came back "online" for this on your holidays, and of course that regardless of the issues I'm having, at least the Curry's Boards team are here to assist.

Thanks,
-fm
1 thank
19.04.2012 17:40 #9
Hi Declan,

Rob has worked on the issue for me, but I do appreciate the fact that you came back "online" for this on your holidays, and of course that regardless of the issues I'm having, at least the Curry's Boards team are here to assist.

Thanks,
-fm

Thanks. Thought the guys might be on the case but we have to cover all angles.... Hopefully we'll get you sorted soon enough.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video