Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Can't talk to a local store

05.04.2012 13:12 #1
Hi,
I've had a few issues recently-
I know there's an item on sale in the clearance section of Galway Branch and want to check that it's in stock.I have to phone the 1890 phone number to get info.
My issues:
  • they don't have the item listed so don't have any info on it
  • they can't put me through to the branch or get an answer straight away, they suggested I call into the store.
  • I can't do this as I don't live nearby.
  • so I ask them can I reserve an item but this can't be done as it's Ireland I'm enquiring about
  • I'm told that they'll take my number, contact the store and I'll receive a callback
  • 1 day later I phone back and am told that they e-mail the store and it can take time for me to receive the callback. I wasn't told this up front so was watching my phone, waiting.

In the end I just buy the item locally.
customer service is meant to be about serving the customer. What I received was unhelpful and more like making it hard to get VERY SIMPLE information about at itme.
Pa, Galway.
06.04.2012 08:31 #2
Originally posted by dinneenp
Hi,
I've had a few issues recently-
I know there's an item on sale in the clearance section of Galway Branch and want to check that it's in stock.I have to phone the 1890 phone number to get info.
My issues:
  • they don't have the item listed so don't have any info on it
  • they can't put me through to the branch or get an answer straight away, they suggested I call into the store.
  • I can't do this as I don't live nearby.
  • so I ask them can I reserve an item but this can't be done as it's Ireland I'm enquiring about
  • I'm told that they'll take my number, contact the store and I'll receive a callback
  • 1 day later I phone back and am told that they e-mail the store and it can take time for me to receive the callback. I wasn't told this up front so was watching my phone, waiting.

In the end I just buy the item locally.
customer service is meant to be about serving the customer. What I received was unhelpful and more like making it hard to get VERY SIMPLE information about at itme.
Pa, Galway.

I'm sorry to hear about this. You are indeed correct, it should be simple and we strive to make it as simple as possible. And we didn't here and therefore we lost your present and quite likely future business.

The part I don't understand is why our call centre couldn't advise you as to whether the product was available or not in the store. That's what they are there to do. 75 % of the calls that historically went into our stores were about four things - your opening hours, have you an item in stock, what price is it and what is the status of my repair. Rather than have peiople waiting on the line for a phone to be answered ( and never answered in busy times ) we thought it far better to port all our telephone traffic to a central point that serves the Ireland and UK stores. Serves customers better and keeps the people in stores serving customers, making the business more efficient and keeping costs and prices down.

By and large it seems to work well and I appreciate feedback when it doesn't as i send this onto the head of the contact centre. Any chance you could tell me what the item was and what store as I'd like to stock check it myself and then I can ask the contact centre why they couldn't provide the service ?

Sorry again but please be assured I will be following up to try to ensure a better service
11.04.2012 10:37 #3
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Declan

The part I don't understand is why our call centre couldn't advise you as to whether the product was available or not in the store. That's what they are there to do. 75 % of the calls that historically went into our stores were about four things - your opening hours, have you an item in stock, what price is it and what is the status of my repair.

Hi, where can I find this call centre phone number on the Currys Ireland website ? I was looking for it the other day on Currys.ie and could only find an email address on the contact page http://www.currys.ie/content/Contact-Us/986, no phone number on the Customer Service page either. I would of thought these were the obvious pages to display or advertise your call centre number ?

I also wanted to quickly stock check a couple of cameras, in the end I found an old number for the Know How team and gave it a ring only to be told they couldn't give me any information or put me through to a person that could ! 
11.04.2012 10:47 #4
Originally posted by dtsmkv
Hi, where can I find this call centre phone number on the Currys Ireland website ? I was looking for it the other day on Currys.ie and could only find an email address on the contact page http://www.currys.ie/content/Contact-Us/986, no phone number on the Customer Service page either. I would of thought these were the obvious pages to display or advertise your call centre number ?

I also wanted to quickly stock check a couple of cameras, in the end I found an old number for the Know How team and gave it a ring only to be told they couldn't give me any information or put me through to a person that could !

Hi dtsmkv,

The 1890 400 001 is found on the "Find a store" page when you click into what store you are looking for: http://www.currys.ie/aspx/storelocator.aspx

I see your point regarding in it being slightly odd when you go into contact us and only the email address is there for web operations.

I'll feed this back and see if we can get this rectified.

Rob
11.04.2012 11:10 #5
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Webteam
Hi dtsmkv,

The 1890 400 001 is found on the "Find a store" page when you click into what store you are looking for: http://www.currys.ie/aspx/storelocator.aspx

I see your point regarding in it being slightly odd when you go into contact us and only the email address is there for web operations.

I'll feed this back and see if we can get this rectified.

Rob

Thanks Rob, 

I knew where my local store was so I didn't think to click on the "Find a store" link :).  
11.04.2012 11:30 #6
Originally posted by dtsmkv
Thanks Rob, 

I knew where my local store was so I didn't think to click on the "Find a store" link :).  

But not a great experience at the same time. What we should do is post the 1890 number there for stock checks and also the postal address here in Dublin for anyone who wants to write to us ( some people still do ! ) as well as a link to here. We do want to talk and that link doesn't make it look like we do tbh. We can do better... I'll get some people working on that.
11.04.2012 13:28 #7
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Declan
But not a great experience at the same time. What we should do is post the 1890 number there for stock checks and also the postal address here in Dublin for anyone who wants to write to us ( some people still do ! ) as well as a link to here. We do want to talk and that link doesn't make it look like we do tbh. We can do better... I'll get some people working on that.

I noted that too, it's like the phone number is hidden.
Not a massive thing but a freephone number would be better for the customer too. Even an 1850 number would be cheaper than an 1890 number.
11.04.2012 13:38 #8
Perhaps the reps on here could put the numbers in their signatures. I've also PMed Declan about having the forum charter updated, something he's quite aware of, tbf.
11.04.2012 13:44 #9
Originally posted by Black Oil
Perhaps the reps on here could put the numbers in their signatures. I've also PMed Declan about having the forum charter updated, something he's quite aware of, tbf.

If people feel it would be helpful I can definitely update the profile to include our customer service numbers and also both email addresses for the websites.

Declan's working on getting the forum charter sorted as it is waaaaaaaay out of date!
11.04.2012 19:28 #10
Perhaps just until the charter is revamped?
12.04.2012 08:25 #11

New charter on its way apparently in the next few days. We were waiting for the separate phone numbers for Currys and PC World to be combined to one number ( imminent also ) but no point in waiting if that's irritating customers. We can tidy it up retrospectively.
12.04.2012 13:12 #12

Until the time that the charter is revamped with correct information I have added both customer services numbers and also both emails for the websites to my information
12.04.2012 13:21 #13
I have followed suit too, a good idea is a good idea!
23.04.2012 13:39 #14
Hello,
It seems I can't PM you anymore so...

Would you be able to check this item (Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens and is/was on sale for €249, clearance price) for me again in any stores please (1st choice Galway, 2nd any Dublin store, 3rd Cork).

I got the voicemail from Rob but it's a bit later now so want to check again please.

you can PM me if you want a contact number (should already have it from earlier PM)

Thanks again,
Patrick.
23.04.2012 13:46 #15
Originally posted by dinneenp
Hello,
It seems I can't PM you anymore so...

Would you be able to check this item (Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens and is/was on sale for €249, clearance price) for me again in any stores please (1st choice Galway, 2nd any Dublin store, 3rd Cork).

I got the voicemail from Rob but it's a bit later now so want to check again please.

you can PM me if you want a contact number (should already have it from earlier PM)

Thanks again,
Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

It seems that we've sold out of that lens completely and as it was clearance it looks like we won't be getting it back in either...

Apologies!

Conor.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image