Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Samsung D5520 Netflix App

04.04.2012 21:15 #1
Hi Declan
Have Currys had any correspondance about the lack of Netflix on this SMART TV. I feel really let down after forking out for this TV in January only for noises coming from Samsung that as far as they are concerned this TV is out of date and APPs such as Netflix will not be supported which makes me think Samsung need not support any meaningful apps on this TV. Does a purchaser have legal recourse on this as Samsung seem to be speciffically holding back on proper SMART funtionality in favour of useless rubbish to encourage a consumer to pay more. I would expect this from a tv purchased a couple of years ago but one 16 weeks old to be not supported and out of date must be against consumer rights.
Don
06.04.2012 08:34 #2
Originally posted by danny004
Hi Declan
Have Currys had any correspondance about the lack of Netflix on this SMART TV. I feel really let down after forking out for this TV in January only for noises coming from Samsung that as far as they are concerned this TV is out of date and APPs such as Netflix will not be supported which makes me think Samsung need not support any meaningful apps on this TV. Does a purchaser have legal recourse on this as Samsung seem to be speciffically holding back on proper SMART funtionality in favour of useless rubbish to encourage a consumer to pay more. I would expect this from a tv purchased a couple of years ago but one 16 weeks old to be not supported and out of date must be against consumer rights.
Don

Don, let me have a word with Ann, our TV manager, when she's back from a week off next week. I'll copy the post to her now and update with her view.
06.04.2012 11:02 #3
Yah I feel the same. Forked out 500 euro after Christmas for what I thought was a fairly decent tv. Only to find out in January that the Netflix app wouldn't be coming out on it. It really isn't a smart tv if it's not being supported by Samsung anymore.
10.04.2012 17:41 #4
Originally posted by Zed1601
Yah I feel the same. Forked out 500 euro after Christmas for what I thought was a fairly decent tv. Only to find out in January that the Netflix app wouldn't be coming out on it. It really isn't a smart tv if it's not being supported by Samsung anymore.

Just to let you know that Ann is on two weeks off but she replied to my email today to say she's going to take it up in a meeting with Samsung when she's back. I'll keep you posted.
10.04.2012 21:23 #5
Thank you very much Declan
10.04.2012 23:28 #6
Have the same tv myself. I use my Xbox to stream Netflix to my tv. Wasn't aware it wasn't supported by Samsung, just presumed it would be. If you have an Xbox or ps3 you can get the app on them and watch on your telly.
09.05.2012 12:42 #7
Hi Declan
Any update on this
09.05.2012 17:01 #8
Hi Declan
Any update on this

Sorry, this one left off the list while I was on holidays. I'll give it a chase when I'm back ni the office tomorrow.
10.05.2012 13:54 #9
Hi Declan
Any update on this

There's a conversation to be had on this one. We've put in a call this morning but I'm away for the rest of the day so probably won't get to update today. Don't let me forget ! ( not that you would )
22.05.2012 23:10 #10
There's a conversation to be had on this one. We've put in a call this morning but I'm away for the rest of the day so probably won't get to update today. Don't let me forget ! ( not that you would )

Great now that we have had the bit of banter about reminding you I ask again if there is an update
23.05.2012 13:52 #11
Great now that we have had the bit of banter about reminding you I ask again if there is an update

No, we put a call in and haven't heard back. We'll put another call in.
24.05.2012 09:25 #12

Samsung want to talk to you directly. Could you pm me your contact details ? Thanks
24.05.2012 10:00 #13
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Declan
Samsung want to talk to you directly. Could you pm me your contact details ? Thanks

Hi Declan,

I'm in a similar position with this TV, very happy with the TV itself but feel a bit short changed and mis-led when it comes to the smart TV features
24.05.2012 10:42 #14
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Declan

@ the OP wouldn't mind hearing what Samsung had to say, have a similar model and feel screwed by their appalling attitude - real pity as they let down a very fine TV (Samsung that is).
31.05.2012 16:25 #15
Hi Declan,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right