Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Supersaver

24.03.2012 10:50 #1
Hi there,

I have heard that the price plan I am currently on is due to expire at end of this month. I have not received notification from your company. Can someone please let me know if this is true and what are the options / consequences of this for me? Please!
jb
24.03.2012 21:25 #2
Your discount will expire at the end of march.
Because it was in the original t&cs they aren't bothering to remind people.

You can still get a discount for direct debit & e-billing, but you have to contact them and tell them you want it!

www.bonkers.ie can show you all the providers available to you, if you want to shop around.
26.03.2012 10:24 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by JB81
Hi there,

I have heard that the price plan I am currently on is due to expire at end of this month. I have not received notification from your company. Can someone please let me know if this is true and what are the options / consequences of this for me? Please!
jb

Hi JB81,

It would have been outlined when you originally set up the current price plan of which you are availing, that it expires on 31st March 2012. If you would like us to organise having discounts reapplied to your account after 31st March, that is no problem - just send a group private message to myself and Electric Ireland: David.

We will be online here from 8.00am on 2nd April.

Regards,
Una
26.03.2012 12:53 #4
Thanks Una

Ok i'll do that.

I take it this is just a nice way of you enforcing a price increase ( ie: re-applying lower discounts??! ).

Considering I got no paperwork from ESB Electric Ireland, all my bills etc.. were done online, I would do well to find where this was stated originally!

Thanks Anyway
20.05.2012 15:01 #5
I have a similar query. We joined Electric Ireland in July, 2011 but on our last bill, the prices seemed to have changed. At no time during our sign up were we told that our price plan would change and if it was to change, I wouldn't have expected that to happen until at least the first year was up. The latest bill is priced partly on Super Saver and partly on Domestic Tariff and I would be grateful if the discounts could be reapplied to put us back on the Super Saver Plan. Thanks a lot.

Selbeep.
21.05.2012 09:22 #6
Hi Selbeep & JB81,

As part of the sign-up process, all customers are asked if they agree to the terms and conditions of the priceplan in question, which would include when the discounts expire. The relevant terms and conditions should also have been received in the welcome pack, which issues when the changeover is complete (this would be posted out, irrespective of whether the customer has opted for online billing).

The Supersaver priceplan was available from April to August 2011, and all Supersaver customers reverted back to the standard rates on 31st March 2012. The subsequent Valuesaver priceplans (non-contract) replaced the Supersaver, and customers still on these plans will receive the same rate of discounts until the end of August 2012.

The current priceplans are contract-based, and the discounts with these plans hold good until 30th June 2013 (see here).

Our apologies if you were not informed of the terms and conditions and/or did not receive a welcome pack. If you can please send the following details by private message we can investigate this further:
  • Your full name and account number (you must be a named account holder to discuss the account)
  • The contact number and date of birth (for account security)
Thanks,

David.
Last edited by Electric Ireland: David: 21.05.2012 at 09:25.
29.05.2012 00:36 #7
Have you a link for the terms and conditions of the "Reward Tariff" please, as i see the price has increased also. Are people in receipt of FEA able to phone up again and receive a discount or is it time to shop around again?
Last edited by chasm: 29.05.2012 at 00:44.
29.05.2012 00:44 #8
Same thing happened to me. Part of my bill is supersaver, and second part was increased price.

What annoyed me was that first of all, I was not notified, and I honestly don't remember that the supersaver was for a limited time, but more importantly, why take the direct debit discount, and the online bill discount from me, when I still pay by direct debit and get my bill online?

Very unfair ...:mad:
29.05.2012 08:26 #9
Hi cold case,

Originally posted by cold case
why take the direct debit discount, and the online bill discount from me, when I still pay by direct debit and get my bill online?

It's not that we took those specific discounts away - the price plan as a whole expired on 31st March 2012, as outlined in the original terms and conditions. All discounts tend to be for a limited period only.

We do have other price plans now available (see here), so you can still receive discounts for direct debit and online billing, but you would need to "opt-in", as they involve a new set of terms and conditions you would need to agree to before signing up.

Originally posted by chasm
Have you a link for the terms and conditions of the "Reward Tariff" please, as i see the price has increased also. Are people in receipt of FEA able to phone up again and receive a discount or is it time to shop around again?

We don't currently have an active link to those terms and conditions, as they have been superseded by our current price plan offerings. Customers in receipt of the Free Electricity Allowance are just as eligible for our current price plans as any other customer; they would just need to get in touch to have them applied, for the reasons outlined above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.
Last edited by Electric Ireland: David: 29.05.2012 at 09:44.
29.05.2012 13:27 #10
Just looked through the price plans and there doesn't seem to be much on offer for existing customers, the green price plan seems to be it! If i recall correctly the reward plan for FEA customers wasn't advertised on your site last year and recipients had to phone EI to get the details, is there anything like this on offer at the moment as i seem to be able to get a better deal with the other companies if the green price plan is the only deal on offer :(
29.05.2012 13:39 #11
Hi chasm,

We no longer offer the equivalent of a Reward price plan. The best offer we currently have for existing customers is a 9% discount on our standard electricity rates (if you are dual-fuel - 6% off for electricity only accounts).

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.
29.05.2012 13:50 #12
Looks like i'll have to switch so, Thanks any way.
31.05.2012 07:00 #13
I see I've been caught out like everyone above! Pity I didn't see this before I got this months bill!! What a con! :mad:

Was expecting a lower bill this month due to longer hours of sunlight etc and instead have had an increase of €35 on last bill (No better time to Estimate a bill than with a price change well done)!

My unit price has changed from .1476 to .1619 can you tell me what's the best unit price I can achieve with Electric Ireland. Am on DD and Online Billing - Electric Only. Can discount be applied retrospectively??
31.05.2012 08:32 #14
Verified representative
Hi Claregirl,

The discounts that were introduced last year expired on 31st March this year for all Electric Ireland customers on price plans.

Just to advise: price plans ending would not have any bearing on estimates - all customers' bills are based on a combination of readings and estimates throughout a year. The difference in an estimate will always be made up for in a subsequent bill based on an accurate reading.
If the due date for payment of your bill has not arrived yet and you could send us a meter reading, we could have it reissued? A way to ensure your bill is never based on an estimate is to submit a meter reading every time - customers can do this here.

The discounts that you could avail of are 4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing. These cannot be applied retrospectively, only from the date on which you requested them. If you send me your details by private message, I can arrange to have these applied? Just to advise also: a contract until June 2013 applies to these latest price plans.

Regards,
Una
Last edited by Electric Ireland: Una: 31.05.2012 at 13:07.
31.05.2012 18:36 #15
Ts & Cs.

Not everybody got them. e.g. I had to 'sign-up' by phone - because of technical issues etc. - to do with FEA.
Even then, it was 8 months before the discounts were properly applied...
...and now removed at the 'push of a button'.

The only information that reached me was with my November bill and was a single sheet with the new "ValueReward" pricing effective from 1st October. There was also a brief terms section which said all discounts were applicable to 31st August??
About 2 weeks later an amended version arrived; it was "Reward" pricing and discounts applicable to 31st March??

So I am back on full unit price!
Do I have to re-apply for DD discount?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image