Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Rate per kWh

23.03.2012 15:08 #1
Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.
23.03.2012 15:35 #2
Hi walkingblind,

Bonkers.ie is a good resource for comparing the different rates and offers available to you.

Our standing charge is not actually higher than Airtricity's; it is currently €119.85 annually for urban customers on a standard 24 hour meter. Airtricity's is €152.53 for the same category of customer.

Recently we introduced a low user standing charge, but this is unlikely to affect you unless the premise is vacant most of the time (i.e. your usage would need to be 7 times lower than average for it to apply).

The lowest unit rate we can offer is €0.1580 p/kWh; this is the effective unit price once Dual Valuesaver discounts are taken into account (14% off our standard rates).

Note that all the figures above are VAT inclusive. If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks,

David.
Last edited by Electric Ireland: David: 23.03.2012 at 15:39. Reason: Added hyperlinks.
03.04.2012 17:15 #3
Originally posted by walkingblind
Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.

I love the way Airtricity are able to tell you how good there discounted rates are but forget to mention the have a higher Standing charge. ESB etc should really highlight this in there advertising campaigns.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video