Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Currys - What a joke...

20.02.2011 20:16 #1
Hi My 2 year old fridge / freezer has broken down for the second time. The Curry's store in Santry where it was bought has since closed. The only contact number I have been able to get for Curry's is a UK number which leaves you on hold for 10 minutes before you actually speak to somebody. I was promised somebody would call me back within 4 hours the first time i got through. The next day I was told that I should have been told 4 days. A week later I was told that they always ring back within 8 days ... 2 weeks later and 4 calls to the UK I have still not had any response. At this stage a couple of hundred Euro's worth of food has been binned. The 4 people I have spoken to at the call centre are totally useless and have no information for me at all. This fridge cost 850 Euro 2 years ago. Are you guys going to respond or do I just go straight to the small claims court? Your customer service is an absolute joke. REF. CC1598998.
20.02.2011 23:21 #2
Sorry to hear that you have a similar problem to mine ( thread above).
Truth is the whole group works on a cash at point of sale system which is one way. Similar to most other corporations they don't want repeat business its a one off and bye bye.
I have friends who have had similar tales plus wrong items delivered etc etc. I know mines a small world but I have not heard one success story.
21.02.2011 13:52 #3
Finally got talking to a "manager" this morning after being told by a customer service agent to call an engineer myself and get a quote for repairs! 2 weeks after reporting the fault I'm now told to call an engineer myself! After pointing out that it is Curry's responsibility to fix the fridge and not mine the "manager " said she would see if Curry's would send out an engineer and call me back later today. I've no doubt that I won't get a call back and will be forced to go to the small claims court with this. What an absolute joke. Do they really believe they can get away with this kind of thing or is it just hoping that customers will give up and go away?
21.02.2011 21:27 #4
Originally posted by captain sidesaddle
Finally got talking to a "manager" this morning after being told by a customer service agent to call an engineer myself and get a quote for repairs! 2 weeks after reporting the fault I'm now told to call an engineer myself! After pointing out that it is Curry's responsibility to fix the fridge and not mine the "manager " said she would see if Curry's would send out an engineer and call me back later today. I've no doubt that I won't get a call back and will be forced to go to the small claims court with this. What an absolute joke. Do they really believe they can get away with this kind of thing or is it just hoping that customers will give up and go away?

Can you please pm me your details and I arrange to have the problem followed up. I'd like to know what happened the first time this product has been repaired.
22.02.2011 16:45 #5
Declan , Your engineer called this morning, doesn't have any of the parts required to fix the fridge ( more than one required ) and doesn't know when he will be able to get them. This is getting more incredible by the day but at this stage I've had enough . I was prepared to let you guys fix it for the 2nd time but it seems you can't manage that. I got on the phone again, for the 7th time I think, and asked for a refund or replacement as per The Sale of Goods Act 1980. This was refused so I will PM a copy of the letter of complaint that I have sent to Sheffield, prior to a visit to the Small claims court. The attitude of you staff is an absolute disgace.
22.02.2011 20:04 #6
I'm assuming that we are intent on repairing your product and we can't give you a precise timing for this as the engineer today did not know this. Of course you have a right to assert your consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act and by all means do so. But our obligation ( on the assumption that this is a product fault rather than an in use fault ) is to repair the product in the first instance and, if this is not possible to do, to proceed to a replacement and then a refund. Ther's nothing that I am seeing here that tells me that we are refusing the repair your product, which is your statutory right. If it were to take an age to source a replacement part then of course a replacement would be the course to take but again I see no confirmation on this. I will have a chat with my service team and try to ascertain what exactly the situation is
22.02.2011 20:43 #7
Declan, you have had 2 attempts to fix this fridge and it is still not working. I am in the third week without a fridge with no clear indication of when or if this fridge can or will be fixed. I am fed up with the broken promises , being on hold, the obnoxious attitude of you staff when they do answer the phone , the general unprofessionalism of everybody I have dealt with and 250 Euro worth of food has been binned. How many times do you expect me to put up with attempted repairs by engineers who don't carry parts? How long would you like me to wait before you fix it? The whole saga has left a bitter taste in my mouth because of the attitude of your staff. Maybe you should remind some of them who is actually paying their wages in a very uncertain climate. We will see what the Small claims court has to say , I have very little doubt as to which way it will go.
14.03.2012 23:45 #8
Hi Declan

Not sure if you will remember me but I'm the guy that was in dispute with Currys a few months back over a dodgy fridge. Anyway just a quick update for yourself and anyone else who is currently having problems with Currys - and I'm sure there are many. As promised I did take you <SNIP> to the small claims court and it took all of 5 minutes for the judge to blow your rep out of the water. I think your guy was a bit embarrased to tell the truth! Thank you for the full refund of 850 Euros I received but what about taking away the fridge as ordered by the courts ? You couldn't even manage that! In the end I bought another fridge ( did I thank you for the full refund I received? ) from DID who took your one away.
The point I'm trying to make is , to anyone who realises that currys don't want to know you once they have your money, the small claims court is the way to go.
You have a good day now Declan
Captain Sidesaddle
Last edited by dudara: 15.03.2012 at 11:14. Reason: allegation removed
17 thanks
15.03.2012 10:19 #9
I see your orginal thread was Feb 11...:eek:

Did you only get sorted now. Pretty poor that Currys let that happen TBH

How did they ever expect to win that one in court?

I cant wait for Declan's reply :rolleyes: or apology as clearly the law said Currys wronged a customer.
15.03.2012 10:24 #10
Congrats on the excellent result captain sidesaddle.
15.03.2012 10:29 #11
they are all the same those companys if you buy anything from pow"" city and something goes wrong with it , they pass you over to some fella up the back in a shed in the middle of india , and you get nowhere , the washing machine said all parts covered for 5 years , that does not include labour , as we found out from a fella demanding 130 i said we dont want to buy a new one , so i ran him , dragged it back to pow city and left it stuc in the front door .
15.03.2012 10:45 #12
Originally posted by Traditional
they are all the same those companys if you buy anything from pow"" city and something goes wrong with it , they pass you over to some fella up the back in a shed in the middle of india , and you get nowhere , the washing machine said all parts covered for 5 years , that does not include labour , as we found out from a fella demanding 130 i said we dont want to buy a new one , so i ran him , dragged it back to pow city and left it stuc in the front door .

Thats not exactly true, Currys have a team of guys on the road in Ireland. I dont believe they have people working in India. Power city I wouldnt imagine are large enough to need an indian call centre either.
15.03.2012 10:47 #13
Fair play to the OP.

That 5 year part warranty runs concurrently with your statutory rights, it does not supersede them.

If an appliance breaks down and it wasn't abused or mistreated, it is up to Currys to absorb any labour or parts costs.

Of course they don't tell you this and lots of people get <SNIP>
Last edited by dudara: 15.03.2012 at 11:15. Reason: allegation removed
1 thank
15.03.2012 10:50 #14
From what i can see you never gave the rep on here a chance to sort out your problem in the first place
15.03.2012 10:58 #15
would you pay some one at the door telling you the call out fee is 130 and it might be fixed ? wake up your in the real world here
Last edited by dudara: 15.03.2012 at 11:16.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video