Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Boards Deals Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Voucher expire

14.03.2012 22:56 #1
I have searched and I can only find cancelations. If the voucher expires do you just loose the whole value of it or are you entitled to a refund. I bought my mum one for Christmas but she may be unable to use in the next couple of days. If she doesnt is there any refund?
15.03.2012 09:31 #2
I would imagine you lost the value of it. Dont see why you'd be entitled to a refund
15.03.2012 09:55 #3
ho ho no...
You wouldn't be entitled to a refund, no. But you could get in contact with the company which the voucher is for and ask if they might extend the expiry as you haven't had a chance to use it yet. They are under no obligation to do this but may do out of goodwill.
1 thank
16.03.2012 10:12 #4
Community Manager
Originally posted by jam_mac_jam
I have searched and I can only find cancelations. If the voucher expires do you just loose the whole value of it or are you entitled to a refund. I bought my mum one for Christmas but she may be unable to use in the next couple of days. If she doesnt is there any refund?

Hi jam_mac_jam, the guys are right - we do not issue refunds for expired vouchers. The merchant is not obliged to, but may be willing to accept an expired voucher. You should contact them to ask :)
17.03.2012 14:28 #5
Thanks for your help.
20.03.2012 15:23 #6
many of the voucher takers will often be open to making a booking before the expiry for use outside the expiry date for such things as meals, hotel stays etc. Again. it pays to ask!
21.03.2012 10:22 #7
Niamh I have been trying to get in touch with the merchant but they wont answer the phone call, I sent a txt and got nothing in reply.How can I use the voucher if I cant even ring to get a appointment.Thanks,Cathy
21.03.2012 10:56 #8
Community Manager
Originally posted by cathy01
Niamh I have been trying to get in touch with the merchant but they wont answer the phone call, I sent a txt and got nothing in reply.How can I use the voucher if I cant even ring to get a appointment.Thanks,Cathy

Just answered your PM there Cathy :)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon