Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Activating of IMessage

12.04.2012 14:50 #136
Really can't understand why this thread is being ignored now and all the other theads that have started later are being answered and dealt with?
12.04.2012 15:30 #137
Just watching this thread slip down the board and still be ignored??
12.04.2012 15:38 #138
Hi all,

So it would seem a new sim card sorts out this issue once and for all.

I brought my iPhone 4S over along with my number so I'm on a sim only plan. I ported over from Vodafone to Three last week and was given a sim with an 083 number allocated to it. It was activated the next day but then kept getting all the FT and iMessage activation warning messages on the phone daily. Luckily I was checking the bill online and could see something was wrong. Phoned customer care on Tuesday 10th to be told it must be someone in the UK that I was txting, of course I knew this was not the case so dug deeper. A bit peeved that the guy on the phone blamed me for the txts instead of knowing how FT/iM functions and the +44 numbers they activate with. So much for the customer is always right!

The process:

Checked: Settings>Phone. 083 number still showing and not my 087 port so 083 number encoded onto sim.
FaceTime and iMessage: Both showing my 087 number and sometimes validated sometimes not hence the warnings.

Bill for activation messages as of yesterday around €12 over a week period.

Went to Three Grafton Street yesterday and was instantly given a new sim free of charge with the girl in the store saying they knew the problem. This sim had no 083 number printed on it like the last.

New Sim got activated this morning around 11am.

Checked: Settings>Phone. Number showing as unknown.
Re-activated FT (had to do this twice) and iMessage (once).

Checked: Settings>Phone and my now correct 087 number is showing.
FT and iMessage are both activated and have remained so with no more reminders.

Still waiting for feedback from Fiona and Patrick on a refund of the costs to me.

Change your sims as this seems to be on the only solution.

Cheers,
B.
1 thank
12.04.2012 15:47 #139
Crazy that three will not visit this thread after offering to post me a new sim last week to fix the issue but now will not come back and arrange to post it to me? Just seems like they are aware that the problem is their fault and are not willing to deal with it. Unfortunately it's not as easy for me to get to a three store due to work and at this stage if i did it would probably be to cancel my contract due to all the hassle that this is causing...

As I asked above why is this only a three issue and why arent three willing to respond to numerous customers on this thread?
12.04.2012 15:54 #140
Surprise surprise my bill has now generated with over 2euro in FT activation costs since yesterday.

Patrick/Fiona, once more I am requesting an email/ postal address to escalate my issues with my comreg reference number
12.04.2012 16:01 #141
Hey guys, If you'd like me to look into any charges, feel free to send me over your details. You can contact me via my signature,
12.04.2012 16:15 #142
Originally posted by Three: Fiona
Hey guys, If you'd like me to look into any charges, feel free to send me over your details. You can contact me via my signature,

Hi Fiona,

Is the offer of posting me a new sim to stop my phone verifying imessage and facetime still there? It was offered to me last week on here but no one has came back to me since then? And will i then be charged once again 4 times on this new sim and then have to call customer care to get these charges taken off again?
12.04.2012 16:25 #143
Originally posted by Three: Fiona

Fiona I've sent over my details already. Can you please send me a pm with an email address and a postal address for a registered letter? Thanks
12.04.2012 16:34 #144
looks like this thread will be ignored until Tuesday at the earliest now that the three reps finish here at 4pm thursday until tuesday....
12.04.2012 21:42 #145
Originally posted by foghlu
looks like this thread will be ignored until Tuesday at the earliest now that the three reps finish here at 4pm thursday until tuesday....

2 years Three have been ignoring the 3G/2g switching problem........:eek:
1 thank
13.04.2012 13:24 #146
Over two weeks now with this issue, have rang customer care, been in touch with apple support. Tried getting it resolved here on boards and still waiting for a new sim that was offered nearly a week ago?
13.04.2012 18:01 #147
Originally posted by foghlu
Over two weeks now with this issue, have rang customer care, been in touch with apple support. Tried getting it resolved here on boards and still waiting for a new sim that was offered nearly a week ago?

Why don't you just send your account details to the three Reps by private message confirming that you want a new SIM to be posted out to you? Once you have it & the activation charges hopefully stop all you will need to do is dial 1913 to arrange a credit for any outstanding activation charges.
15.04.2012 18:11 #148
And now at 12.60 and iMessage won't work at all.
16.04.2012 08:04 #149
14euro and even though both FaceTime and iMessage are showing as active nothing can be sent via them (I only have the "green" not "blue" on my messages when sending them to another apple device including my work iPhone which incidentally is on Vodafone and not having any problem along with the rest in the company which are all using iMessage with no problems whatsoever).

Patrick/Fiona, yet again I'm asking for an email address and a postal address for a registered letter of compliant.

I'm using flexi units for texts that should be going as iMessages and calls that I could be using FaceTime. Other people texting me or trying to call me via FaceTime end up getting charged text rates and call rates.

My phone and my contract with you are not being fulfilled.

I know my activation charges will be refunded but frankly it's not good enough anymore.

This is going on over a month.
16.04.2012 10:04 #150
Get on to the communications regulator and ask for their advice.

I notice after a while here on many issues with Three that the reps vanish and also never answer direct questions or leave feedback on issues. All they ever say us provide us your details or pm then etc

Network has been a 7/10 for me, I have this iMessage problem since yesterday and awaiting their feedback. If I don't get my money back I will take action. Don't f**k around, just take steps further and contact com reg, that is what they are for

Originally posted by RiseToMe
14euro and even though both FaceTime and iMessage are showing as active nothing can be sent via them (I only have the "green" not "blue" on my messages when sending them to another apple device including my work iPhone which incidentally is on Vodafone and not having any problem along with the rest in the company which are all using iMessage with no problems whatsoever).

Patrick/Fiona, yet again I'm asking for an email address and a postal address for a registered letter of compliant.

I'm using flexi units for texts that should be going as iMessages and calls that I could be using FaceTime. Other people texting me or trying to call me via FaceTime end up getting charged text rates and call rates.

My phone and my contract with you are not being fulfilled.

I know my activation charges will be refunded but frankly it's not good enough anymore.

This is going on over a month.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon