Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

eircom Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
89%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

Charges for leaving Eircom

26.04.2012 20:06 #31
I have shown Eircom's cancellation process to be flawed for the consumer and advantageous for the provider - BUT on top of that my account with Eircom is in credit and I have not yet received what is owed to me. I am waiting 60 days now. Looks like Eircom is flawed in more ways than one.

Unfair in retaining charges and arrogant in their ignorance ... will I ever receive what is owed to me? In my 33 years with this company I always paid on time, Pity Eircom cannot display the same courtesy.
Last edited by Djawl: 26.04.2012 at 20:58.
27.04.2012 13:32 #32
Verified representative
Originally posted by Djawl
I have shown Eircom's cancellation process to be flawed for the consumer and advantageous for the provider - BUT on top of that my account with Eircom is in credit and I have not yet received what is owed to me. I am waiting 60 days now. Looks like Eircom is flawed in more ways than one.

Unfair in retaining charges and arrogant in their ignorance ... will I ever receive what is owed to me? In my 33 years with this company I always paid on time, Pity Eircom cannot display the same courtesy.

Thank you for your post Djawl,

Please PM your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Best wishes,
Ant
27.04.2012 20:21 #33
Originally posted by eircom: Ant

Please PM your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Thank you Ant, I accept that you would genuinely try to help, but I have been in contact with Comreg and would prefer to wait to see if Eircom can show some respect to a customer of 33 years. Sorry, but Eircom leaves a sour taste in my mouth, however, I thank you personally.
30.04.2012 12:23 #34
Verified representative
Originally posted by Djawl
Thank you Ant, I accept that you would genuinely try to help, but I have been in contact with Comreg and would prefer to wait to see if Eircom can show some respect to a customer of 33 years. Sorry, but Eircom leaves a sour taste in my mouth, however, I thank you personally.

Hi Djawl,

Appreciated. Let me know if I can assist you with this again or with anything in the future.

Kind regards,
Ant
21.05.2012 20:58 #35
My parents recently switched from Eircom to UTV Internet & Phone because they could not afford the bill from eircom. just the other day they received a final bill from Eircom for Broadband early cease charge & Line rental early cease charge totalling €323.63 (excluding VAT & call charges. Obviously very shocked, my mother contacted eircom questioning this bill to be told that a recent "FREE UPGRADE" to 8MB NGB 8 months ago constitutes an extension of a contract. Surely an upgrade of this kind (welcomed as it was I'm sure) should not change the current connection agreement? Do companies not contact customers who have initiated a "switch" in the hope of retaining their business by working together to maybe change the package so something that they would be able to afford?? Or at least to advise people who have been customers for 30 years of what the consequences & penalties of switching out would be?
1 thank
21.05.2012 21:05 #36
i think Eircom acting up here..

would definately put one off doing business with them if thats the way they carry on..

I am currently out of contract, and not once in the last 2 years did i receive anything about a change in cancellation process.
21.05.2012 22:22 #37
Originally posted by Bird2012
My parents recently switched from Eircom to UTV Internet & Phone because they could not afford the bill from eircom. just the other day they received a final bill from Eircom for Broadband early cease charge & Line rental early cease charge totalling €323.63 (excluding VAT & call charges. Obviously very shocked, my mother contacted eircom questioning this bill to be told that a recent "FREE UPGRADE" to 8MB NGB 8 months ago constitutes an extension of a contract. Surely an upgrade of this kind (welcomed as it was I'm sure) should not change the current connection agreement? Do companies not contact customers who have initiated a "switch" in the hope of retaining their business by working together to maybe change the package so something that they would be able to afford?? Or at least to advise people who have been customers for 30 years of what the consequences & penalties of switching out would be?

Don't accept this nonsense from Eircon! If the upgrade was free which they all are they are not entitled to charge for it or to extend any contract or create one where before there was none!
22.05.2012 12:03 #38
I would be VERY VERY careful with Eircom.

I should not have payed my "last bill" but waited a few days for the "FINAL bill" and then I could have seen what Eircom was charging in an underhanded way, then, I could have payed what was correct and let Eircom feel caught instead of me being actually caught.

Also please remember when you give account number to an Eircom representative, you are giving your full name, address, telephone number. I just do not trust Eircom after their treatment of me.
22.05.2012 13:07 #39
Verified representative
Originally posted by Bird2012

Hi Bird2012,

Can you please private message your eircom Account number, so I can investigate what you have stated in your query, above.

Regards,
Ant
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image