Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Reprinted proof of purchase needed for warranty from Apple

29.02.2012 17:44 #1
Hello,

I have an Apple laptop and I'd like to extend the warranty on it with AppleCare. Apple won't let me do this because they think the laptop is more than a year old, but it was bought from PC World (Blanchardstown) about six months ago.

I think it was probably sitting around unsold in that store for some time. :)

Apple say they'll fix the current warranty period if I can provide them some kind of proof of the date it was bought.

If the original receipt from PC World has been lost, can I get a copy reprinted? (or some other proof with the date and serial number)

Do I have to visit the store in person, or can one of the customer service people on this forum arrange this if I PM them the serial number, name, etc?

Thanks!
29.02.2012 17:48 #2
Originally posted by tbqfh
Hello,

I have an Apple laptop and I'd like to extend the warranty on it with AppleCare. Apple won't let me do this because they think the laptop is more than a year old, but it was bought from PC World (Blanchardstown) about six months ago.

I think it was probably sitting around unsold in that store for some time. :)

Apple say they'll fix the current warranty period if I can provide them some kind of proof of the date it was bought.

If the original receipt from PC World has been lost, can I get a copy reprinted? (or some other proof with the date and serial number)

Do I have to visit the store in person, or can one of the customer service people on this forum arrange this if I PM them the serial number, name, etc?

Thanks!

We'll try to help of course. If you could pm me through the approximate date of purchase plus your own deatils which would have been captured by the stor eat that time plus what you bought of course we should be able to dig it out for you. There is a twenty day window in which we can look up receipts so the more accurate you are with the date the better
21.08.2012 10:30 #3
Hi Declan,

I came across this thread as I am in a similar scenario. I have a Belkin router that has gone faulty. I contacted Belkin and it turns out that it has a lifetime warranty and that it can be replaced given that I have proof of purchase. Unfortunately, I must have binned the receipt. This purchase would have been several years ago and for the life of me I cannot remember the date. If I called into PC World in Galway (Where the purchase was made) would they be able to generate another receipt or a valid proof of purchase so that I could then pass this onto Belkin for replacement?

Kind Regards,
Richard.
21.08.2012 10:31 #4
Hi Declan,

I came across this thread as I am in a similar scenario. I have a Belkin router that has gone faulty. I contacted Belkin and it turns out that it has a lifetime warranty and that it can be replaced given that I have proof of purchase. Unfortunately, I must have binned the receipt. This purchase would have been several years ago and for the life of me I cannot remember the date. If I called into PC World in Galway (Where the purchase was made) would they be able to generate another receipt or a valid proof of purchase so that I could then pass this onto Belkin for replacement?

Kind Regards,
Richard.
21.08.2012 17:08 #5
Originally posted by overseashawk
Hi Declan,

Kind Regards,
Richard.

Hi Richard, I've sent that off to my oracle of store operations knowledge. It's a tricky one insofar as the store systems don't hold customer records going back quite a number of years. We should have it archived possibly so I'm asking questions about that route.

We'll look to see if there are any stones we can upturn.
21.08.2012 17:48 #6
Thanks Declan,

I've found my bank statement for the transaction and it occured on October 7th, 2009.

Thank you for all of your assistance!
21.08.2012 17:58 #7
Originally posted by overseashawk
Thanks Declan,

I've found my bank statement for the transaction and it occured on October 7th, 2009.

Thank you for all of your assistance!

That's not as long ago as I thought. Could you pls pm me your details and as accurate a description of the product as possible as well as the store where you bought it and I'll have a look.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video