Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Monster ESB bill

28.04.2012 01:56 #16
David I did all of the above and I still had difficulty in getting ESB networks to come out to my home to address the problem. It's just not good enough that this is happening and that it is being ignored by Electric Ireland. They have a job to do, and that is to solve problems that people have. Why is it so difficult to get someone to call to the house of the person who is having the problem. The only reason that someone finally came to my house was because a person who had previously worked with Electric Ireland/ESB knew who to contact.
That man's mother needs to get you people out to her house, it's farcical that Electric Ireland can be so uncooperative when these situations arise. This needs to be aired publicly that this is what is happening to people.

kingslea
28.04.2012 13:05 #17
Originally posted by Kingslea
David I did all of the above and I still had difficulty in getting ESB networks to come out to my home to address the problem. It's just not good enough that this is happening and that it is being ignored by Electric Ireland. They have a job to do, and that is to solve problems that people have. Why is it so difficult to get someone to call to the house of the person who is having the problem. The only reason that someone finally came to my house was because a person who had previously worked with Electric Ireland/ESB knew who to contact.
That man's mother needs to get you people out to her house, it's farcical that Electric Ireland can be so uncooperative when these situations arise. This needs to be aired publicly that this is what is happening to people.

kingslea

Could not agree more,to quote my mother "I cant talk to these guys as they start all the technical lingo and talk rings around me"
This problem first arose back last august when i read the meter for her and they told her then she owed €1600.I had it out with the bloke on the phone and they said they would investigate it and I took that as the matter sorted as I hadnt heard a word since.My mum kept paying her bills since and thought the matter was being resolved.So now,just 8 months later,they are telling her a further €2000 has been run up on top of the initial €1600?I know for a fact the bills were being paid since then as I paid the last one myself as I owed her so said id clear it for her.So they are trying to tell me that,taking 230 as the average paid since august,she has paid €920 since then and yet these guys are trying to say shes used €2920 worth since?In 8 months?No chance.
Im going to do their 3 hours power off test today so i can say its been done but fail to see how its going to help either way as the way i see it,if its running 4 times faster then it should be like the original post here said theirs was,4 times nothing(power off) is still nothing.And nothing proved.We need these clowns out to the house.This €3600 is going to break my mum.
28.04.2012 17:14 #18
dbagman
What they are telling you is that if you power everything down and your meter is still running then there is a problem. If that doesn't work then you need to get an electrician in to check all the electrical appliances to ensure that they are not faulty.
Good luck with the test. Hope it works out ok for you and your Mother.
29.04.2012 08:51 #19
dbagman
What they are telling you is that if you power everything down and your meter is still running then there is a problem. If that doesn't work then you need to get an electrician in to check all the electrical appliances to ensure that they are not faulty.
Good luck with the test. Hope it works out ok for you and your Mother.

Did the test and nothing,I am an electrician and have tested all the major appliances and they are fine,lets face it its not the alarm clock in my mothers room running up this bill faulty or not.Will be an interesting conversation with them again tomorrow
30.04.2012 09:02 #20
Hi Kingslea,

It's just not good enough that this is happening and that it is being ignored by Electric Ireland. They have a job to do, and that is to solve problems that people have. Why is it so difficult to get someone to call to the house of the person who is having the problem... it's farcical that Electric Ireland can be so uncooperative when these situations arise.

I can understand your frustration; not being able to accurately account for usage is something we take very seriously. The meters installed by ESB Networks conform to the highest international standards and are extremely reliable instruments. The reason we ask customers to check their own side first is because the vast majority of the time the fault lies with installed appliances/the property's internal wiring.

If you need any help in relation to your own account I'll be more than willing to advise.

Thanks,

David.
30.04.2012 09:05 #21
Originally posted by dbagman
Did the test and nothing,I am an electrician and have tested all the major appliances and they are fine,lets face it its not the alarm clock in my mothers room running up this bill faulty or not.Will be an interesting conversation with them again tomorrow

Hi dbagman,

Can you send me details of the account by private message, so I can look into this for you? Bear in mind that I can only discuss account details with the registered account holder, or a nominated contact. I'm assuming that your mother has authorized you to discuss the account on her behalf, going by what you have said above.

As I said in my previous post, the usage levels you have reported seem well above average, and if you have confirmed that the reason for the high usage is not down to the appliances or a fault in the internal wiring, I would be eager to have this investigated for you.

Thanks,

David.
09.05.2012 13:02 #22
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: David
Hi dbagman,

Can you send me details of the account by private message, so I can look into this for you? Bear in mind that I can only discuss account details with the registered account holder, or a nominated contact. I'm assuming that your mother has authorized you to discuss the account on her behalf, going by what you have said above.

As I said in my previous post, the usage levels you have reported seem well above average, and if you have confirmed that the reason for the high usage is not down to the appliances or a fault in the internal wiring, I would be eager to have this investigated for you.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,
Sorry only seeing your response now.I will get onto my mum later and get all the relevant details and PM them you as soon as I can.Will probs be late tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks
2 thanks
09.05.2012 13:05 #23
Verified representative
Hi dbagman,

No problem at all. David will not be back on Boards.ie until Friday morning but I am here tomorrow from 8am and can look after your query if you like.

All the best,
Una
16.07.2012 15:27 #24
I am back again. I have a monster bill and there's no way I can pay this in one go. Is there any way I can pay it off on a weekly basis or something? There's no way I can pay it one go..
16.07.2012 15:56 #25
Originally posted by rosietobes
I am back again. I have a monster bill and there's no way I can pay this in one go. Is there any way I can pay it off on a weekly basis or something? There's no way I can pay it one go..

Hi rosietobes,

If you send us a private message with the following details we can set up a payment plan for you:
  • Your full name, account number and address
  • Your contact number and date of birth (for account security)
  • Confirmation that you are the named account holder
To reduce future bills, please see the energy efficiency section of our website, which contains plenty of tips and resources to help cut costs.

Thanks,

David.
17.07.2012 12:12 #26
Hi David,

I'm still waiting for ESB to sort out the very large bills that I got last year!! Every time I contact them I'm being informed that there is a second meter installed at my home and that they will wait to see what it says. A new meter was installed last earlier in the year, but I am still waiting to hear from them. I've been paying the bills since the new meter was installed. Just said I would let you know what's been happening.

Regards,

Kingslea
17.07.2012 12:28 #27
Hi Kingslea,

We appreciate the update, and I'm sorry to hear it hasn't yet been resolved. If you need us to look into this from our end please feel free to send us a private message with the details I outlined in my post above.

Regards,

David.
Last edited by Electric Ireland: David: 17.07.2012 at 12:37.
27.08.2012 17:54 #28
Hi

I am just wondering ..

I like my bills to be fairly regular so I know where I am with cash flow etc.

My last bill was 17th July and it said on my online account my next bill was due around 27th September but now today it seems to have changed and says my next bill is due 16th October .. Can you tell me why this might be please ?

The time period between 17th July and 16th October is to long and the bill will be bigger then average causing me problems.

My bills are normally every 8 weeks .

Thanks
27.08.2012 18:00 #29
Verified representative
Hi there,

Can you private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number as they appear on the account? We will then look into this for you.

Just to advise: we can only discuss account particulars with the named account-holder.

Sometimes there is a delay beyond the two-month billing period because of a delay in meter readings, however it would be unusual for it to be as long as you describe. We do have a facility called Equaliser which enables the customer to pay a set amount every month (this amount is subject to change if usage increases or decreases significantly) if that might be of interest to you.

We finish at 6pm so I would recommend sending the private message to Electric Ireland Reps and one of us will be here from 8am tomorrow to respond.

Regards,
Una, Electric Ireland
29.08.2012 21:43 #30
Sounds to me like there's a bit of an effort to scam people here.how unusual from a service provider.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video