Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

O2 Representatives

16 hrs
Response Time
63%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 10.00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10.30am - 7.00pm

Sorry HTTP request was interrupted by the host!

26.02.2012 17:04 #1
Over the past 2-3 weeks I have been having on and off problems accessing websites on a HTC Desire. Sites are slow to load (if they do) and more often than not I get an error message stating: Sorry HTTP request was interrupted by host!Having searched the web I have found many similar threads but none with any resolution to the issue. Has anyone experienced the same and if so have they had any resolution to the problem?

APN settings are per the O2 website (i.e. no proxy name, no port name etc.). Cache has been cleared etc.

Probem occurs using both the stock browser and Dolphin browser and happens most (c.90%) of the time I try and access websites on the phone. It's fairly indisciminate as to which sites don't load.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
26.02.2012 17:30 #2
Verified representative
What version of software are you running the phone? Have you installed any updates recently?

Michelle
26.02.2012 19:30 #3
The phone is running version 2.2.2.

No, haven't updated anything of note recently. The problem just happened out of the blue.
26.02.2012 19:36 #4
Originally posted by Yi Harr
Over the past 2-3 weeks I have been having on and off problems accessing websites on a HTC Desire. Sites are slow to load (if they do) and more often than not I get an error message stating: Sorry HTTP request was interrupted by host!Having searched the web I have found many similar threads but none with any resolution to the issue. Has anyone experienced the same and if so have they had any resolution to the problem?

APN settings are per the O2 website (i.e. no proxy name, no port name etc.). Cache has been cleared etc.

Probem occurs using both the stock browser and Dolphin browser and happens most (c.90%) of the time I try and access websites on the phone. It's fairly indisciminate as to which sites don't load.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

02's internet connection is notorious for simply vanishing, sometimes for hours on end and usually, although not always, in the early hours of the morning. I've not heard of it happening 90% of the time though. My friend recently moved to meteor due to the abysmal internet provided by o2.
26.02.2012 21:49 #5
Originally posted by gufnork
02's internet connection is notorious for simply vanishing, sometimes for hours on end and usually, although not always, in the early hours of the morning. I've not heard of it happening 90% of the time though. My friend recently moved to meteor due to the abysmal internet provided by o2.

Unfortunately it's doesn't seem to be as simple as a data connection issue as apps etc continue to work as normal.
27.02.2012 13:58 #6
If it happens with one site will then then work properly later on?
27.02.2012 19:58 #7
Originally posted by O2_Daryll
If it happens with one site will then then work properly later on?

Yeah, it's quite random. Sometimes after refreshing the page it will load but other times it will still hang and I'll get the error message (HTTP request was interrupted...) then later on (after a few hours) the sites which wouldn't load will.

Not sure if it's something symptomatic of whatever the problem is but I'm finding that load times can be very slow too.
Last edited by Yi Harr: 27.02.2012 at 20:01.
27.02.2012 20:27 #8
Verified representative
Have you been able to test the sim in a different phone?

Michelle
27.02.2012 22:51 #9
So I am not the only one? Samsung Galaxy S II, latest firmware on o2. Happening an awful lot when I am browsing. Doesn't matter the site - happens on BBC, RTE, Boards, etc. Always assumed it was just a thing with the phone.

Seems to be becoming an issue more recently than in the past. Refreshing doesn't always work, gotta hit it a few times before the site loads.
28.02.2012 10:07 #10
Originally posted by Telefonica O2 Reps
Have you been able to test the sim in a different phone?

No, haven't had a chance and probably won't get a chance to test it in another smart phone for quite a while.
28.02.2012 10:26 #11
hey,

I have got this problem a couple of times in the past. I have a habit of installing custom roms and the likes. I eventually figured out it is something to do with the Hosts file on the phone. something has updated the file with an incorrect entry.

The only way i figured to fix was to do a factory reset (this is easier on a rooted phone because you can use Titanium backup to easily restore all your settings after the reset)
29.02.2012 08:22 #12
Any further info on this please O2??

From searching Google and from Boards I know I'm not the only one on your network encountering this problem.
02.03.2012 13:02 #13
Seems as though it was some form of data throttling by O2 as now that we're in a new billing month all seems to be back to normal (at least for now).

Thanks for all your help O2 reps.
02.03.2012 14:11 #14
Verified representative
ok let us know if it happens again
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right