Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Adverts.ie Representatives

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5.30pm

Are all traders listed as shops?

18.02.2012 05:29 #1
Hi, i have just been looking at the tyres on adverts and i'm wondering how people who, judging by the amount of tyres they are selling, are obviously traders are not listed as such, yet other sections such as car traders are listed as shops. I thought all shops/traders had to be listed as such? Is there a reason for this? Thanks
18.02.2012 09:04 #2
Life is hard, deal with it.
HI,
Yes that's correct, they should have a shop account if they're selling commercially.

There are hundreds of ads placed every day and it's impossible for us to keep track of each and every one without help from the community - so when you see any ads like this, please hit the report button and select the 'commercial seller' reason. They will be then be contacted by an adverts staff member. :)
1 thank
18.02.2012 19:39 #3
Thanks Steve, there appears to be 4 commercial traders selling part worn tyres on adverts on the first 2 pages alone, one with 23 adverts for their tyres in a week, not bad for someone who has been a member since 09/02/12!
Last edited by chasm: 18.02.2012 at 19:51.
09.04.2012 04:23 #4
Originally posted by Steve
HI,
There are hundreds of ads placed every day and it's impossible for us to keep track of each and every one without help from the community - so when you see any ads like this, please hit the report button and select the 'commercial seller' reason. They will be then be contacted by an adverts staff member. :)

Is Adverts.ie: Richard a Mod on the site? The advert below clearly states they are in business for 5 years, yet they do not seem to be listed as a shop on adverts the way car dealers etc are. Surely Richard would have noticed this when he was enquiring about purchasing tyres?

http://www.adverts.ie/...n-top-brands/1429300
09.04.2012 19:34 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by chasm
Is Adverts.ie: Richard a Mod on the site? The advert below clearly states they are in business for 5 years, yet they do not seem to be listed as a shop on adverts the way car dealers etc are. Surely Richard would have noticed this when he was enquiring about purchasing tyres?

http://www.adverts.ie/...n-top-brands/1429300

Richard is a colleague of mine. The people selling the tyres have all been flagged for one of our other colleagues who looks after the shops and all will be contacted tomorrow.
1 thank
11.04.2012 12:19 #6
Hi, We do not include Tyre Sellers as shops as they provide a service with the product. They do have to pay for the listing as a service. There are a few other commercial sellers that are not shops too. eg. TV aerial installers who provide the product and service. Thanks
1 thank
16.04.2012 00:47 #7
Thanks for the reply Richard. While i understand your point that they are providing a service as well i do not see that they should benefit from an "exemption" as such.
Adverts.ie Help and Support clearly states the following:

"You are considered a Shop if you are representing a sole-trader, partnership or company and are selling goods in order to make a profit.
Shop or Private user?
You should register as a shop if you:

Bought items in order to resell
Make/repair items yourself in order to resell
Represent a sole trader, partnership or company

You are a private user if you:

Sell items that belong to you and that you don’t need anymore"

I just feel it is very unfair on the ordinary guy who just wants to sell a few spare tyres. These commercial advertisers have clearly bought tyres in bulk for resale and obviously are sole traders, partnerships or companies, they are not a private user selling an item they do not need anymore but just because they fit the tyres as well that exempts them! Someone is either a private seller looking to sell a few bits and pieces or they are a commercial seller. Adverts.ie have rules in place but it seems they do not apply all the time!
16.04.2012 09:35 #8
Hi
Thanks for yor reply, I will forward your comments to the shops section and maybe in the future it will change. They do pay for the sevice adverts which last for 90 days.

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon