Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

1 TB Cloud Storage - 5 years - 90 Quid

26.02.2012 02:01 #31
It is €90 for the five years. My package has an expiration date of feb 2017
26.02.2012 09:15 #32
Interested in this, however I was to backup files which are on a NAS drive. According to the Livedrive website, they say that this can be done but for an additional cost of €6 per month. Is this available in the PCWorld package?
26.02.2012 09:45 #33
I would have all my data on 3 NAS drives also, I know I can copy this to a local pc and then let it sync from the local pc, also Im just wondeirng if I rebuild the pc within the 5 years will it cause issue?? As I rebuild my pcs/ Laptops fairly often ??
26.02.2012 14:32 #34
You pick what folders you want to back up. From the control panel you can remove computers but keep the data so I would assume as you rebuild computers you could remove te old one and add the new ones.
26.02.2012 19:20 #35
cool, Thanks
26.02.2012 22:15 #36
Originally posted by dingding
It is €90 for the five years. My package has an expiration date of feb 2017

Normally € 180 but was on general offer last weekend for € 90. I've kept that open for another short while to regular contributors / posters
29.02.2012 16:36 #37
Originally posted by tech
I would have all my data on 3 NAS drives also, I know I can copy this to a local pc and then let it sync from the local pc, also Im just wondeirng if I rebuild the pc within the 5 years will it cause issue?? As I rebuild my pcs/ Laptops fairly often ??
t it is very expensive, I can't remember how much.

You also pay per NAS device.

I tried this and you can add it to your account bu
29.02.2012 19:55 #38
Originally posted by Random
@dingding
what speed is your upload (you mention 8mb but not sure if thats your up speed or not)
what speed are you getting with your uploads?

Hi Random, THe upload speed is very slow, I have had my laptop connected almost continually since last weekend and I would say at best it is half synchronised. It is hard to tell as the software flags all the files on the PC that it has identified for upload but when you look they are not there. This is with a connection to a university network.

My home machine is experiencing similar delays and I am connected to UPC 25MB with 2.5MB upload.

I will provide more details when I the upload is complete.
29.02.2012 20:51 #39
Closed Account
declan
do you guys offer a trial at all?
i signed up for dropbox paid sub before but upload speeds so painfully slow. my upc upload is 5mb so id really like a service which lets me use it fully
03.03.2012 00:29 #40
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
Normally € 180 but was on general offer last weekend for € 90. I've kept that open for another short while to regular contributors / posters

Is it possible to use this as storage for my 'Docs to Go' on my IPAD?
(I.e. as clou storage for documents.) if so, I'm in. :)
03.03.2012 19:36 #41
It has an iPad app, however I would go to livedrive.com site to check if it is the product for you. You can download a 2 week trial and they have an ipad app also.

I had issues with upload speed although the livedrive helpdesk seemed supprised at the speed problems. Just in case it was due to an issue with my computer / ISP I would recommend trying out livedrive (www.livedrive.com) first to see how it works with your computer / ISP.

I would also do a restore as part of the test to ensure that it has backed up your files correctly.
1 thank
04.03.2012 20:46 #42
Originally posted by Random
declan
do you guys offer a trial at all?
i signed up for dropbox paid sub before but upload speeds so painfully slow. my upc upload is 5mb so id really like a service which lets me use it fully

We don't but we're new to this and learning. I think it would be a clever idea. I'm feeding baca lot of detailed feedback I've already had to the head honchos on it across the pond and I'll drop this idea in too
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon