Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Nokia Belle Update

14.02.2012 23:16 #1
Banned
Hi i have a Nokia N8. Can you tell me when and if the Symbian Belle Update will be available to update my phone? The rollout started via Nokia on 7th february and is available with other irish networks.
But it says that the update with 3 is pending approval.
link:
http://europe.nokia.co...-update-availability
15.02.2012 11:15 #2
We're testing it at the moment and will let you guys know once that's done.
15.02.2012 13:25 #3
Originally posted by Three: Patrick
We're testing it at the moment and will let you guys know once that's done.

Great news, finally :p ;) so should really be only 2 weeks tops once all's well with the Build from Nokia :cool:

Better news than what Customer Care were giving out :rolleyes: Cheers Patrick, much appreciated ;)

Charlie
15.02.2012 14:44 #4
Glad to be the bearer of good news for a change!
1 thank
21.02.2012 11:40 #5
Hi, I was wondering if you have any further news on the expected launch date for the Symbian Belle update? I'm a 3 customer with a Nokia E7
21.02.2012 11:42 #6
Its due soon, I know that. I just don't have a date as of yet.
21.02.2012 15:53 #7
Thanks all the same.
21.02.2012 19:59 #8
Your best off keeping an eye on http://europe.nokia.co...-update-availability but that isn't reliable either as you can see it's still has the 17th on top. Three Customer Care have given me 5 different answers to what's happening, including that they aren't even thinking of releasing it! 1913 Customer Care that is...! Facebook Three put up it was Released for N8 but it wasn't and then retracted the announcement so for the E7 it's gonna be an even longer wait! Only Three UK have released Belle to the N8 and all other Symbian^3 Models are still waiting Approval which is a step up from Software Under Construction at the start of the roll out of Belle, so by the looks it's just the hold up of Three giving the go ahead to release Belle. Best give it at the very least 2 weeks and it SHOULD be here by then...
22.02.2012 04:06 #9
Banned
Originally posted by StaunchyDJ
Your best off keeping an eye on http://europe.nokia.co...-update-availability but that isn't reliable either as you can see it's still has the 17th on top. Three Customer Care have given me 5 different answers to what's happening, including that they aren't even thinking of releasing it! 1913 Customer Care that is...! Facebook Three put up it was Released for N8 but it wasn't and then retracted the announcement so for the E7 it's gonna be an even longer wait! Only Three UK have released Belle to the N8 and all other Symbian^3 Models are still waiting Approval which is a step up from Software Under Construction at the start of the roll out of Belle, so by the looks it's just the hold up of Three giving the go ahead to release Belle. Best give it at the very least 2 weeks and it SHOULD be here by then...

it was releases for 3uk on the n8 yesterday, so i reckon itll be here by friday
22.02.2012 04:28 #10
Banned
Originally posted by StaunchyDJ

I just got the update on my N8. I opened nokia suite on pc , usb the phone, and update was there. better late than never with 3
22.02.2012 16:32 #11
Originally posted by stephen97
I just got the update on my N8. I opened nokia suite on pc , usb the phone, and update was there. better late than never with 3

What's your product code, did you get your N8 from 3 or somewhere else.???

Just check d onboard Software Updater an she is indeed finally RELEASED :D :D Cheers 3 ;)
Last edited by StaunchyDJ: 22.02.2012 at 16:46. Reason: Extra Info
23.02.2012 11:29 #12
Sorry again for the delay everyone.
1 thank
23.02.2012 12:03 #13

Cheers for the help Patrick, much appreciated! See soon for d next Update...!!! :p ;)
25.02.2012 01:49 #14
Banned

great update, my battery lasts longer as only essentials run in the background now and theres a drop down bar to control wifi, bluetooth and 3g mobile data. there are a few niggles (1) the digital clock widget is horrible, (2) and the folders, like you cant create a folder inside a folder ie.. for keeping your apps tidy. but once you get past these its actually a good operating system. i cant wait for my contract to end with 3 as i have my sights set on the nokia lumia 800.
25.02.2012 20:27 #15
Installed the belle update for the N8 earlier today and now all i get is a request to enter my Security Code (which is something I had never used) - nothing in the manuals received about a sercurity code and 1913 Customer care say the only thing is to send the phone off to be fixed. That means I'd be without a phone for a while which is not ideal - anyone had this issue and anyone have any idea on how it can be fixed other than sending phone away...:confused:
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video