Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Pc World/ Currys and the TAT fund

09.02.2012 23:44 #1
Hey guys,

Recently set up my own business - freelance graphic design - i know theres loads of us out there, but im gonna try my luck!

Anyway, the very helpful lady that helped me set up, mentioned I was entitled to apply for funding for any machines, etc. I may need for my business, a TAT fund.

So having applied for funding for a laptop (would be really handy - being freelance, i cant really drag my pc about the county!) I got quotes, and quotes, and more quotes, best ones from Pc World and having finally been approved for a lovely HP, there was problems!!

Do your stores definitly accept this payment from the department of social protection?? or is there a way of going about this?

I spoke to Fred, in Letterkenny a few days ago, who was lovely, and said he'd look into it, but I havnt heard from him since...

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance
D
10.02.2012 08:31 #2
Originally posted by d.m.g
Hey guys,

Recently set up my own business - freelance graphic design - i know theres loads of us out there, but im gonna try my luck!

Anyway, the very helpful lady that helped me set up, mentioned I was entitled to apply for funding for any machines, etc. I may need for my business, a TAT fund.

So having applied for funding for a laptop (would be really handy - being freelance, i cant really drag my pc about the county!) I got quotes, and quotes, and more quotes, best ones from Pc World and having finally been approved for a lovely HP, there was problems!!

Do your stores definitly accept this payment from the department of social protection?? or is there a way of going about this?

I spoke to Fred, in Letterkenny a few days ago, who was lovely, and said he'd look into it, but I havnt heard from him since...

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance
D

First of all ,the very best of luck with your new business. Exactly what Ireland needs !

I've asked the question of the guy to whom all the stores report. He should know and I'll update when he comes back to me
1 thank
10.02.2012 18:31 #3
Got an answer back tday that we "probably" do this but I replied that I wanted a bit more of a definite answer. I'll see where I get to on Monday and come back to you.
13.02.2012 17:41 #4
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
Got an answer back tday that we "probably" do this but I replied that I wanted a bit more of a definite answer. I'll see where I get to on Monday and come back to you.

Yes, we do indeed do this. It requires the store to talk to the guys in the finance section here but it's definitely doable. Fred will know who to talk to and, if he doesn't, he can talk to me !
18.02.2012 13:26 #5
Hi Declan,

The guys from TAT (the Training and technical assistance fund) have told me I NEED to make a payment to you guys first, before they can make their payment.

The only way round this though, according to Fred, was to purchace a gift voucher, worth €159.99, and send the reciept on to the dep. of Social Protection! ....technically, it is a payment, and will be used to get my laptop!!

So......we'll wait and see what happens!! :D

Whys things soooooooo complicated?!?! :confused:

i really, really, really need a laptop for business.......
18.02.2012 20:42 #6
Thanks. Presumably that will work.
08.04.2012 15:59 #7
so it worked!!!
Im sending this message of my laptop, a lenovo z570, that im delighted with! its really fast, and has been great with the design programs so far!

Thanks a mill to all in PC World Letterkenny for their help! and patients! :D
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image