Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

4 week old LED TV faulty

07.02.2012 23:47 #61
Originally posted by Beaver1
Declan, have you ever asked your manufacturers why 70k tv's break down each year.

How sweet and wonderful life would be if TV's didn't break down ! I get fairly frequent reports on breakdown rates and reasons by brand and by item. Anything that comes into the business and gets on our shelves goes through our own quality control procedures and we'll have very tough conversations with suppliers if there are high quality control issues with any set or any product. By the time you go through the process of dealing with a repair any margin that you would have made on the product in the first place is gone. The last thing we want is for anything to break down and I can guarantee you that suppliers know all about their failure rates
1 thank
08.02.2012 07:48 #62
Originally posted by Beaver1
Declan, have you ever asked your manufacturers why 70k tv's break down each year.


beaver1, what gripe is it that you have against PC World/Curry's?

The figure of 70k units is EXTRAPOLATION.
PC World /Curry's repair 10k.
The other 60 k probably come from other retailers.
1 thank
08.02.2012 08:37 #63
Registered User
Originally posted by gatecrash
beaver1, what gripe is it that you have against PC World/Curry's?

The figure of 70k units is EXTRAPOLATION.
PC World /Curry's repair 10k.
The other 60 k probably come from other retailers.


What he is failing to see is that some of the 70,000 tv's that break down each year could be anywhere from 1-5 years old or higher again.. They all have different rates of use and have all been cared for differently. You just can't please some people.
1 thank
08.02.2012 08:45 #64
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
How sweet and wonderful life would be if TV's didn't break down ! I get fairly frequent reports on breakdown rates and reasons by brand and by item. Anything that comes into the business and gets on our shelves goes through our own quality control procedures and we'll have very tough conversations with suppliers if there are high quality control issues with any set or any product. By the time you go through the process of dealing with a repair any margin that you would have made on the product in the first place is gone. The last thing we want is for anything to break down and I can guarantee you that suppliers know all about their failure rates



so how mush is repaired items costing currys a year Declan and how come Currys dont give a 4 week old broken tv back to the supplier and say it could not have been of merchanable quality and we want a credit for it and replace it for the customer.surely you have that kind of buying power.

how many tvs do currys sell a year.
19.02.2012 14:01 #65
Registered User
Samsung LED got the dreaded green dots yesterday. 1 vertical and 1 horizontal line(white line). Ball bags!

Going to ring the samsung technician guy in the morning. I understand they try to fix it over the phone and if not they collect it.

This issue seems like a repair is necessary. How long will I be without my tv if it has to go for repair?

Only have it since Sept
19.02.2012 20:12 #66
Originally posted by Whyner
Samsung LED got the dreaded green dots yesterday. 1 vertical and 1 horizontal line(white line). Ball bags!

Going to ring the samsung technician guy in the morning. I understand they try to fix it over the phone and if not they collect it.

This issue seems like a repair is necessary. How long will I be without my tv if it has to go for repair?

Only have it since Sept

Sorry to hear this. It's normally two weeks, but that's an average and it depends on how easy a fix it would be.
19.02.2012 20:26 #67
Registered User
However, we alone fix 10,00 TV's a year and it wouldn't be practical to incur the cost of that ( unless everyone wanted to pay a lot more

the above is a cut and paste from currys original post, it does not say 10,000 maybe he meant (i dont know ) but on a different note samsung seem to feature a lot in tv reliability threads
EDIT
saw in a later post he did say 10,000 tvs in ireland, im amazed at that, are they selling seconds or chinese fakes or what
Last edited by dharn: 19.02.2012 at 20:33.
19.02.2012 20:30 #68
Originally posted by dharn
However, we alone fix 10,00 TV's a year and it wouldn't be practical to incur the cost of that ( unless everyone wanted to pay a lot more

the above is a cut and paste from currys original post, it does not say 10,000 maybe he meant (i dont know ) but on a different note samsung seem to feature a lot in tv reliability threads

I'd say that's linked to the fact that an awful lot of Samsung TV's are sold.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion