Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

Is THREE for me? Convince me please...

02.02.2012 01:14 #1
Need to change network for better value and I have been pointed in the direction of THREE

Currently myself and my boyfriend are on Vodafone PAYG to keep in touch by text and calls.

He lives near the border and his signal is vodafone UK but he lives in the south.

I can call him and text him for free when I am within 30 days of topping up by €20.

However, he has to pay 13c per text to me and after receiving calls from me that total 500 mins in one month then he pays €€€€€€€ to receive calls from me after that.

If we both move to THREE and top up by €20 per month is it true that we will avoid these high charges like VODAFONE just because the signal is vodafone UK?

Sorry for long-winded explanation and hope you understand my Q.

cheers:)

EDIT: my regular phone contract is with emobile where I have the unlimited plan for calls, texts and 15g data per month - it costs more for him to receive calls from this phone than the vodafone one...such a headwreck!
Last edited by snowdaze: 02.02.2012 at 01:16. Reason: to add about my contract phone
02.02.2012 14:15 #2
Okay, well tell us how much you're using and we can see if a plan will suit.

For now... here's the info you need.

- Three Like Home - Means that you can use your phone as you would at home while roaming in selected Three Like Home countries. The UK is included in this.

- All you can Eat data. Top up by €20 per month to get All you can Eat data.

- Range of add ons for you to use.

- On prepay, free texts all the weeks and free calls at weekend (to Irish numbers)
02.02.2012 14:36 #3
Originally posted by Three: Patrick

- Three Like Home - Means that you can use your phone as you would at home while roaming in selected Three Like Home countries. The UK is included in this.

- On prepay, free texts all the weeks and free calls at weekend (to Irish numbers)

If your willing to move networks then you can free 3 to 3 calls anytime.
To get 3 like home he has to connect to the 3uk network (get a prepay sim n check coverage)
03.02.2012 00:12 #4
Originally posted by Three: Patrick

would prob need about 100 minutes calls to other phone per day and 50 texts.

I need to be assured that there is no limit in the fair usage policy to the amount you use while in the THREE LIKE HOME...both for receiving and sending.

I am now being told elsewhere to use VIBER but it is all a case of coverage with this particular area.

Going to check out SIMS from a variety of networks and move on from there.

Any answer about there being a limit or not for using three like home
03.02.2012 13:45 #5
I'd advise against it, been trying to move for 3 days and getting nowhere, can't be contacted by anyone as my old number has been cancelled and my experience of their customer service is terrible, getting nowhere with them. Terrible way to treat new customers as I was told it would take 2 hours to complete.
1 thank
03.02.2012 17:40 #6
stay away from them, im trying to cancel an account with them and i cant sent it in writing 3 weeks ago with a cheque and guess what they lost the letter, they didnt loose the cheque strangely enough. Now they want me to pay another month and wont cancel my account until i do. they are a joke and so is their customer service
1 thank
05.02.2012 01:00 #7
Well for one thing on you should be using whatsapp instead of texting.
06.02.2012 17:20 #8
Dont ever use Three. I got a phone for my 12 year old and my bills are off the wall, in excess of €100 per month repeatedly despite being told that there was a cap of €40 per month on the bill. Now they are denying it and just downright rude and impossible to talk to. Not sure where their Customer Service is based but they are a disgrace.
1 thank
06.02.2012 19:07 #9
Originally posted by daanvieliengen
Dont ever use Three. I got a phone for my 12 year old and my bills are off the wall, in excess of €100 per month repeatedly despite being told that there was a cap of €40 per month on the bill. Now they are denying it and just downright rude and impossible to talk to. Not sure where their Customer Service is based but they are a disgrace.

Sorry but who the hell is a 12 yo calling that's they are spending 100€ on calls?
06.02.2012 21:09 #10
here ya go,

this should help convince you !!!

<removed as it's not relevant>
Last edited by jor el: 07.02.2012 at 14:15.
07.02.2012 14:14 #11
Category Moderator
MrTrebus - you have your own thread.

dudara
07.02.2012 14:15 #12
Closed Account
MrTrebus, there's no need to link to your thread in every other thread. If you've nothing to add, don't say anything at all.
07.02.2012 18:33 #13
I switched to Three 2 years ago, cant ever see myself switching to anyone else. It's all about data for me, and AYCE is as good as it gets.
07.02.2012 19:52 #14
I'm on the Three tariff of €20 pr month for unlimited weekend calls to all networks; unlimited texts to all networks; free 3 to 3 calls; and all you can eat data.........+€10 free credit a month! Unbeatable really.

Coverage is perfect (I'm in Waterford but have used it in Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and Italy). No more problematical coverage than any other network (I was with 02 for eight years and I use VF for work).

But if you have to ring customer service then it is really atrocious. Those India-based call centres are really bad.
07.02.2012 20:36 #15
Would have to say no, nothing good about it and I'm just counting down the days til I can leave to a properly run network.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon