Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
88%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-4pm

'All you can eat data' but it's not working AT ALL!

01.02.2012 11:04 #1
Hi,

I signed up for an iphone 4 contract for 18 months/40e per month yesterday.
I was under the impression that I would have all you can eat data, but so far I've had almost NO internet access. Sometimes a facebook request loads but I have had 0% success when on safari, facebook chat, app store etc. It works when I'm at home and on a wifi network obviously but that's not really good enough.

Is shocking bad internet access normal for 3 and should I return the phone and opt out of the contract? Or is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks
01.02.2012 11:13 #2
I'm having a very similar problem myself. There is no doubt that the internet could be better. Quite disappointing really. Still a decent deal but next time I will opt for another network.
01.02.2012 11:21 #3
That's disappointing to hear.

I read the terms and conditions and am still in the position to return the phone, considering I only bought it yesterday. I would consider returning it if this doesn't improve in the next day or two.

How is the internet access consistently? I just reset my network settings and the internet started to work but I'd imagine that in the future I might have to reset the settings a lot to kick start the connection...
01.02.2012 11:22 #4
Originally posted by mnx1324
Hi,

I was under the impression that I would have all you can eat data, but so far I've had almost NO internet access. Sometimes a facebook request loads but I have had 0% success when on safari, facebook chat, app store etc. It works when I'm at home and on a wifi network obviously but that's not really good enough.

Is shocking bad internet access normal for 3 and should I return the phone and opt out of the contract? Or is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks

In some areas and particularly at times of peak use YES!
01.02.2012 13:34 #5
That's disappointing to hear.

I read the terms and conditions and am still in the position to return the phone, considering I only bought it yesterday. I would consider returning it if this doesn't improve in the next day or two.

How is the internet access consistently? I just reset my network settings and the internet started to work but I'd imagine that in the future I might have to reset the settings a lot to kick start the connection...

Read the T&Cs again. 3 have to allow you to leave if they decide you don't have a signal......
01.02.2012 13:44 #6
Originally posted by whiterebel
Read the T&Cs again. 3 have to allow you to leave if they decide you don't have a signal......

Not T&C's you'd associate with the words "14 Day Money Back Guarantee" which are also in the T&C's.
01.02.2012 19:05 #7
Hi,

Thanks

Yes, very normal, its disastrous in some areas no 3g whatsoever and then no internet on vodafone's 2g! Not a settings problem
02.02.2012 12:53 #8
If you're having issues and want us to investigate, we'll need some info from you via PM. Follow the steps in this thread then send us the details via PM.
02.02.2012 15:42 #9
To use internet on Vodafone 2G the APN on the phones connection settings must be set to 3ireland.ie or it won't work this is the case on pre pay anyway.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video